This position is responsible for full cycle recruitment and building pipelines of quality candidates. Our recruiters must thrive in a dynamic, high paced environment with regular shifts in focus, occasional conflict, and multiple tight deadlines to meet. They have a high aptitude of tolerance, adaptability maturity, and composure while meeting targets in our highly culturally diverse, partially unionized environment. They continuously display flexibility to adjust to new directives and procedures while demonstrating a positive attitude towards co-workers, the position, and the company always following through on commitments and job duties.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain a network of high quality contacts for sourcing, both locally and nationally, while proactively searching for candidates using a variety of technologies and tools;
- Actively screen candidates based on established pre hire requisites and schedule, administer and review pre hire assessments;
- Conduct background checks including criminal record and references and book and review pre access drug & alcohol testing;
- Prepare and conduct behavioural Interviewing;
- Administer and review all On Boarding paperwork including issuing the offer of employment letter and set up Employee electronic and paper based files;
- Conduct Orientation presentations;
- Manage substantial volume of paper management, filing and recordkeeping, performed on an ongoing basis
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a high volume recruiting role preferably in a unionized environment in the Transportation Industry;
- Must have the ability to perform exceptionally well in a collaborative Team environment with shared tasks and exhibit enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude;
- Must possess strong computer skills and attention to detail when using Microsoft Office Suite, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Social Media tools;
- Must have outstanding customer service skills and the ability to develop relationships both internally and externally, all while managing multiple priorities in an extremely fast paced environment;
- Must have experience presenting to groups of 20 people or more;
- Must be a team player;
We offer a competitive salary based on qualification and experience, along with a monthly Regional Retention Allowance (additional $1300/month minus payroll deductions) and comprehensive Group Benefits, RRSP, Canada Savings Bonds.
While we appreciate the interest of all who apply, only those meeting the requirements listed will be contacted.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Diversified Transportation Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Western Transportation that has provided employee transportation,...