Digidyne is a next-generation Canadian telecommunication service provider specialized in the SMB market. We provide Managed business phone systems to our clients using a mixture of VoIP and Cloud technologies.
Our team members define us and our mission is to deliver a fun and energizing work place. If you are a motivated, determined and find yourself looking for new challenges and growth opportunities, Digidyne is the place.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Operation, the incumbent acts as a technical leader responsible for the design, delivery and infrastructure monitoring of Digidyne’s network operations. Your technical troubleshooting and critical thinking skills, coupled with ability to communication with customers, will help the operations team excel and grow.
The position represents a great challenge not only from a technology point of view, but it is also a key pillar to our overall business strategy.
- Assume responsible for the technological directions and for the design of the overall and detailed engineering plans for IP telephony.
- Act as technical specialist to customers. Take responsibility for the
development of solutions and their integration into customer environments and with operations teams involved.
- Stay abreast of leading-edge data network technologies, and of the IT systems and applications used in the industry
- Exercise leadership and technology expert role with operation teams, technical experts and customers.
- Resolve technical issues associated with Digidyne’s hosted communications products via phone and e-mail
- Service assigned customers to meet all of their technical and account management requirements
Critical Competencies / knowledge:
- Technical skills in products and technologies such as Cisco, Asterisk, OpenSIPS.
- Strong Knowledge of Linux technologies such as Apache, MySQL, etc.
- Expertise in VoIP protocols : SIP H.323 , MGCP , RTP, G.711 , G.729 , etc.
- Knowledge of application services and products supporting IP telephony TFTP, DNS, DHCP , LDAP, etc.
- Knowledge of telephony services and standards (key systems, PBX, E.164 PSTN Centrex, ISDN, SS7, DOD, DID, FAX 911, CDR, etc.)
- Experience with security and quality of service parameters required for IP telephony
- Knowledge and troubleshooting proficiency of routers, switches, and network equipment
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual English and French (reading, writing, speaking)
Knowledge and training required:
- Degree in electrical engineering or computer science , or a degree from a specialized technical school
- Intermediate Cisco Certification (CCNP, CCDP, CCVP)
- Knowledge of office system software (MS Office, Internet Explorer, Visio)
- Experience in the design and deployment of technologies such as Linux and/or Phone Systems.
- Relevant experience in direct contact with customers.
Advanced candidates would have knowledge of Unified Communications and VOIP technologies.
- Knowledge of products and services from Telecom or Phone System Industry
- Knowledge of VoIP products such as Cisco, Asterisk and Avaya
- Knowledge of Linux and MySQL technologies
- Knowledge of emerging products and services of Cisco.
- Knowledge of standard network protocols: standard wiring, Ethernet / IP technologies, routing protocols EIGRP, BGP and MPLS.
Indeed - 10 months ago