Job Title: Production Designer
Company: DHX Media (Halifax) Ltd.
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Job Type: Contract
CG production for DHX Media (Halifax) Ltd., seeks a talented Production Designer to create the visual direction for characters, props and sets. Strong working knowledge of Photoshop required. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high quality animation. This position must work in adherence to budget and schedule constraints while maintaining the show's overall look and mood.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create visual direction for characters, props and sets as required for use by various departments within the CG pipeline.
- Produce concept art either manually or/and digitally.
- Collaborate with Series Director and Department Heads to troubleshoot creative and technical issues as they arise.
- Create texture reference for use by Art Department.
- Work in adherence to budget and schedule constraints while maintaining the show's overall look and mood.
- Must be able to motivate and manage design assistants as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of Production Design experience, preferably within the CGI animated film industry.
- Completed post-secondary education in classical animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including, but not limited to, figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration.
- Advanced 2D skills in Photoshop, with 3D experience (preferably Maya).
- A strong understanding of the possibilities and limitations of CG animation.
- Ability to adapt working style to varying budget and schedule parameters.
- High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well.
- Must be able to generate technical drawings from approved concept art and create schematics and floor plans in which the Art Department can build characters and sets.
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player who is highly organized.
Candidates MUST be Canadian citizens or already have Landed Immigrant status in Canada.
This opportunity is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia and requires relocating to this city for the duration of the term.
Applications submitted without an online portfolio will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
DHX Media (www.dhxmedia.com) is a leader in the creation, production and licensing of family entertainment rights. DHX Media owns, markets...