DHX Media – Halifax is an award-winning animation studio, which has produced over 200 half hours of original children’s shows. We are also proud to employ a team of more than 100 of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers. We are looking for an HR Manager to join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our team! The HR Manager will work with the studio department heads, producers and key personnel to maintain and develop internal and external employee relations, create and implement recruitment strategies, and lead HR driven programs and initiatives.
We are looking for someone with a passion for people, who takes initiative and possesses extremely strong organizational skills.
- Create and track offer letters/contracts to provide effective HR administrative support;
- Maintain, organize and update employee database, departmental spreadsheets and files;
- Liaise with producers, accountants, crew, schools and industry to ensure recruitment and retention goals are met;
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process (including creating and posting job ads, screening of incoming resumes, acting as an initial point of contact for applicants and conducting reference checks);
- Educate staff about the company’s employee benefit plan;
- Administer employee benefits plan and assist with claims as required;
- Coordinate and conduct new hire orientations and tours;
- Communicate and ensure application of new and existing policies and procedures;
- Coordinate Health and Safety committee;
- Planning of studio events and social activities;
- Implementation of human resources goals and projects;
- Other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist role;
- Post secondary education in Human Resources and/or Business, with a CHRP designation or work towards it preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, managing several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff;
- Proven conflict management and resolution skills;
- Discretion in handling confidential matters;
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy;
- Knowledge of animation or entertainment industry is an asset;
- Fun with a great sense of humour!
Applicants should include Cover Letter, Resume & Salary Expectations. Please include where found job posting.
Indeed - 15 months ago
DHX Media (www.dhxmedia.com) is a leader in the creation, production and licensing of family entertainment rights. DHX Media owns, markets...