Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Job Type: Contract
DHX Media (Halifax) Ltd. is an award-winning animation studio, which has produced over 200 half hours of original children’s shows. We are also proud to employ a team of more than 100 of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers!
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounting Assistant . In this position, you will be responsible for assisting our Production Accountants, in order to accurately maintain our production financial records.
Responsibilities include assisting Production Accountants with:
- Payroll processing for in-house crew, cast and writers; including bundling and distribution of paychecks;
- Accounts payable (purchase orders, invoices, coding, approvals, auditing, posting, loan draw-down requests);
- Bank and loan reconciliations;
- Preparation of weekly production cost reports;
- Update and maintain various production related spreadsheets (labour tracking, working budgets, cash flows);
- Data entry and processing;
- GST and tax credit filings;
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Previous accounting experience (minimum of 2 years);
- Post-secondary education preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill;
- Advanced user of MS Excel;
- Knowledge of Vista and Simply is a plus;
- Works well under pressure; with exceptional multi-tasking and prioritizing skills;
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Outstanding work ethic; able to succeed and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in the film and television industry preferred.
- Production Controller
- Line Producer
- Studio Vice-President
Interested candidates must include their resume, cover letter, and salary expectations in application
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
DHX Media (www.dhxmedia.com) is a leader in the creation, production and licensing of family entertainment rights. DHX Media owns, markets...