*Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Job Type: Contract*
DHX Media (Halifax) Ltd. is an award-winning animation studio, which has produced over 200 half hours of original children’s shows. We are also proud to employ a team of more than 100 of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers!
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounting Assistant. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting our Production Accountants, in order to accurately maintain our production financial records.
Responsibilities include assisting Production Accountants with:
- Payroll processing for in-house crew, cast and writers; including bundling and distribution of paychecks;
- Accounts payable (purchase orders, invoices, coding, approvals, auditing, posting, loan drawdown requests);
- Bank and loan reconciliations;
- Preparation of weekly production cost reports;
- Update and maintain various production related spreadsheets (labour tracking, working budgets, cash flows);
- Data entry and processing;
- GST and tax credit filings;
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Previous accounting experience (minimum of 2 years);
- Post-secondary education preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill;
- Advanced user of MS Excel;
- Knowledge of Vista and Simply is a plus;
- Works well under pressure; with exceptional multi-tasking and prioritizing skills;
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Outstanding work ethic; able to succeed and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in the film and television industry preferred.
- Production Controller
- Line Producer
- Studio Vice-President
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Indeed - 5 months ago
DHX Media (www.dhxmedia.com) is a leader in the creation, production and licensing of family entertainment rights. DHX Media owns, markets...