DHL Employee Reviews

Communication is the key to success
Team Lead-Certified International Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2014
• A typical day at work : Everyone can do a good job, not everyone choose to do it.
• What you learned : I learned that you get what you give, so be generous.
• Management : Everyone needs motivation, not everyone is able to give.
• Your co-workers : Making a good environment depends on everyone, starting with you.
• The hardest part of the job : The sky is the limit.
• The most enjoyable part of the job : The sky as no limit.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
Too far
A global organization with healthy work culture and strong business ethics
PRICING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MALAYSIA2 October 2014
I would highly recommend DHL Express as a very conducive workplace with high business ethics.

As a pricing manager I had a challenging job of balancing company profitability with revenue growth. It required me to have strong business sense and analytical thinking to work out win-win solutions while negotiating with sales personnel.

I received international exposure across DHL Express working with CEO's, business heads and sales managers which helped tremendously in my growth and experience.
Productive workplace
Assistant Runner (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 July 2014
delivering packages all day
experiencing hands on customer service
hardest: lifting boxes
best: meetinig new people
hands on Active Experience
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl NL23 July 2014
Delivering and receiving packages door after door no matter what kind of weather
Nice people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 July 2014
A typical day at work would be on the phone's assisting the customer's with their needs. I would input their orders and deliveries into the system and follow up with any customer's that needed further information which the front lines representatives did not have at the time of the original call.
The Manager's here were okay to work with. I have worked at a few different companies and I have to say that the management was the best.
The hardest part of my job were the hours, as I was not able to spend time with my small daughter.
The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with customer's on the phone.
Pros
The job was only 20 mins from my home
Cons
Management and Shift
Great place to work but lacking staff appreciation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, On13 May 2014
A typical day at work for me involved answering over 60 inbound phone calls in a shift. I assisted customers with tracking their package and finding delivery solutions that worked best for them. I also helped to resovle any delivery issues and replied to general customer inquiries by email and telephone. I helped to created new and everlasting account customers to help generate revenue for the company. I learned all the many things that happen from the time you order your package to how it ends up at your front door as well as new customer service skills. My co- workers were all quite nice and extremely helpful. Management was a bit of a disappointment because they did not recognize all of the hard work we did on a daily basis. As well there was no employee appreciation. The hardest part of the job would be to listen to a customer tell you they urgently require their package within the same day and not being able to always get it to them on the same day. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be having great and memorable conversations with customers.
Pros
Free lunch, 3 breaks in a 8 hours shift
Cons
Lack or morale
team work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  saskatoon, Saskatchewan5 May 2014
Work was fast pace. Time management was very important. As it was a lot of team work it was wise to be good to the fellow employees to gain their trust and support for tasks.
Pros
lead hand was partial towards old employees and did not take time to teach new employees
Cons
new employees had to learn everything by him/herself.short breaks
Dhl
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2014
DHL Express is market leader in contract logistics, providing warehousing, managed transport and value added services. DHL Express Canada had annual sales of over 1 billion with distribution centers sorting and providing logistics for above 20,000 packages daily
Fast Paced Work Experience
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2014
My role as a customer service adviser was a good experience. I learned a lot about cordially answering the phone, also learning how to empathize with customers.

The hardest part about my job would have to be learning the right type of procedures will handling the calls.
Pros
full times hours
Cons
Stress
Independent but fun
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2014
I was always on the road, between 6 to 10 hours a day, delivering parcels. I learned how to manage my time better and how to plan breaks and lunches and when to sacrifice them. I learned when to tell my employer too much freight is an issue and how to manage weather and traffic.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with long drives in between cities in nasty weather. I had to learn to dress for the occasion and plan detours a lot of the time.

The most enjoyable part was how I get to spend so much time alone. Listen to my own music, reflect on the day. It is nice to work and be able to do it on your own sometimes.
Pros
Independence, wage, co-workers
Cons
Long hours (10 -12 hr shifts)
Quite enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2014
Slow environment and not a lot coming in
Great people to work with
Pros
Alot of team building
Cons
Not enough work
Good Company
Warehouse Shipper/Reciever (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 January 2014
I enjoy working for DHL, it is a good company and has good value's, The only down fall is that there is no full time work within the company
Productive in work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2013
Answered Incoming Calls for High Call Volume Center
• Responded to Customer Inquiries and Complaints
• Provided information on shipments as necessary
• Scheduled picks up, rate quotes, transit times and resolved customer issues
Cons
Long Hours
Good at playing pingpong
Security Guard, X-Ray Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario22 November 2013
Learned how to work with different people and how to communicate with them.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Fair hours of Work
Great place to work. Would work for them again
Key Accounts Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2013
DHL was a great company to work for also, nothing bad to say, about them
Pros
Loved all my co workers
Cons
when the company sold to another company
Fun workplace
Network Control Agent (Former Employee) –  Philippines22 October 2013
Basically, typical work week starts by monitoring shipments and providing wide range of assistance. I have learned to manage my time well in this field. Hardest part of the job is adjusting to work schedules assigned but the most enjoyable is when I learned to be flexible enough to the assigned position.
Poor
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2013
Lost the customer service to shareholders.
Poor management when it comes to staffing.
Unloading trailers, cross docking, sorting and marking non cons.
good team to work with.
getting your full hours.
Going home safe at the end of the day/
Pros
Steady year round
Cons
always short staffed
very busy
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2013
very busy as a lot of calls came in per minute

learned true value of being a customer service rep
Pros
teamwork atmosphere
Cons
majorly robotic
Shift Spervisor
Hub Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2013
Organize the day to have the best productivity towards a goal for the month. Employee's to follow the direction to work in a safe environment. To reach the target at each day end. All employees go home safe.
Pros
Leave on time
Cons
More Challenge
Good environment workplace. Always learning and improving our skill and knowledge.
ASSISTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Port Louis, MU28 August 2013
Always learning and everyday is a challenge at work. Keeping the planning was the hardest part because there was situation whereby it was not expected.The will of co-workers and management to help and improve in our daily task and also working in coordination so that the company and the people shall benefit to all.
Pros
1 hour lunch time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.