DHL
1,231 reviews

DHL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good team, high energy environment
Team Leader (Former Employee), CrickMay 29, 2014
A good day would be a busy day; high volumes and demanding deadlines kept the team and myself motivated daily.

Management have always been co-operative, and open minded. In some cases going the extra mile to keep employees happy and motivated.

Hardest part of the job; when a small number of employees are not as motivated as the rest, this could cause – more... minor stress amongst the team as the deadlines could be tight and required everyone to work at the same pace.

Most enjoyable part; meeting deadlines, a strong team all on the same wavelength and the drive to complete the job, camaraderie amongst employees. – less
Demanding and Progressive
Senior Financial Accountant (Global Mail UK) (Current Employee), Ipswich, ENGMay 29, 2014
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: long hours
DHL is a very fluid company constantly changing which makes working for the company very demanding but also extremely interesting.
There is no such thing as a typical day at work as you can guarantee that what ever you may have planned to achieve that day will change due to the demands of the buisness and it business partners - life is never boring.
Staff – more... at DHL are friendly welcoming and knowledgeable, which is management lead.
Hardest part of the job would be the extremely tight month end reporting deadlines for the monthly financials to Germany, and the most enjoyable is the involvement within the various projects and the opportunities to always learn something new. – less
Fast Paced
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), doncasterMay 28, 2014
Pros: salary and holidays
Cons: communication
My standard working day consisted of Reach Truck work for a period of a 8 hour or a 12 hour shift, putting pallets away or pallet picking for customers such as Asda and Sainsburys.
good people,
picker (Current Employee), swindonMay 28, 2014
Pros: good employer
Cons: nights
you just get to do your work with minimal supervison.
easy job just pick orders with a llop and a scanner then put the cage/pallet to which ever gate it needs to go to.
Individual work/Scheduling
Courier (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: long breaks and customer service
Cons: long work day
This job helped build stronger Customer Service skills. Stronger teamwork skills with morning mail sorts. Stronger decision making skills from scheduling deliveries and pick-ups based on traffic and routing.
Good company to work for
Triage (Former Employee), Coventry, ENGMay 27, 2014
Good company to work for, good management

good blokes

good job
Meeting People All Over The City
Courier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 26, 2014
I loved getting the opportunity to meet customers at their homes to provide their packages in an efficient manner. Each day brought a new challenge, but each day was as enjoyable as it could get.
Easy going workplace with friendly staff
Deliveries (Former Employee), CEMay 26, 2014
I enjoy working with DHL in shannon, the managers are very helpfull and the staff are friendly. Everyone works together in an easy going workplace reaching delivery deadlines.
productive work space
Sales Manager (Former Employee), BelgradeMay 24, 2014
Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
· Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
· Manage all marketing needs of the key clients
· Make recommendation and improve company’s sales policy and increase profit
I liked feeding information in the laptop i had been provided with.
Tallying Clerk/ Store keeper (Former Employee), NairobiMay 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch and transport to and from work and frequent appraisals.
Cons: long working hours and sometimes distraction from off duties.
Reported on duty early in the morning and took over duties from my opposite shift colleague after a thorough stock take. Interacted with different groups of people as cleaners, fork lift operators, truck drivers and loaders within the warehouse. My management team was overwhelmingly at hand for any queries, support and consultation.
brilliant place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Upton, ENGMay 22, 2014
Pros: good working relationship
busey and fast
fork lift truck operating
managment brilliant
co workers brilliant
no hard parts
something new every day
nasty people in charge
Warehouse (Former Employee), Peterborough, ENGMay 21, 2014
Cons: nasty people, bad hours
dhl Debenhams Peterborough, bad news, horrible people in charge
Fun place to work
Sorter (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAMay 14, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: short lunches, temporary job
Overall DHL is a great and easy job to do. Co-workers were nice and it was a fun environment to work in and at. The hours are long and the pay wasn't so good and also it is temporary job.
High Pressure Enviornment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMay 14, 2014
Pros: great teammates
Cons: call center management was often given directives contrary to quality initiatives.
This was a high pressure environment for representatives in the call center. As a Quality Assurance Specialist, the environment was very different and positive due both to my manager and the Team she had assembled. Everyone was committed to quality in all aspects and we had the support when needed to share it with the call center management teams.
Productive and fun workplace
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), CoventryMay 14, 2014
Working as part of a team in a busy gas industry environment processing, cleaning and then imputing data. Accurately entering the assets names , types and quantities of. Keeping the intergrity of the stock inside the warehouse.

Duties:
Ensuring report tables and listings accurately reflect data within a database.
Entering data accurately onto computerised – more... databases & Excel spreadsheets.
Locate and correct data entry errors.
Lifting of files and boxes containing paper records.
Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
Ensuring documents meet required quality standards.
Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating and auditing data.
Handling inbound telephone queries from colleagues / clients regarding data .
Data manipulation in Excel spreadsheets.
Occasionally carrying out various administration tasks like, photocopying, filing. Reviewing validation output and performing specified manual checks on the data to ensure consistency and completeness. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I use to love working there cause you were basically your own boss. Once you leave in your truck to deliver your packages you didn't have to worry about anything. I just hate that the job went out of business.
They told me nothing
Van Driver - Tyres (Former Employee), DHL Pirelli - Barton Under NeedewoodMay 13, 2014
Pros: straightforward easy to understand job
Cons: poor management attitude
I eventually found out that I was no longer welcome at the DHL site. The only problem with this revelation was that they had told everyone else involved except me. This would not have been so bad if DHL or the agency had had the balls to tell me to my face instead of using the fact that I was an agency worker and felt it necessary to treat me like the – more... stuff that goes down your toilet ...
I really liked the job, not everyone treated me with contempt and I made numerous efforts to be more useful and productive to DHL.
Maybe I shouldn't have bothered because I ended up with less than nothing.
As for the job, It wasn't difficult to learn. It was made difficult by the petty attitude of some of the staff I had to work with.
As for what I learned, it is had to remain clam about it. An indication of the general atmosphere was that that DHL Pirelli had become a sad and miserable place to work at. Shame. – less
Great Work environment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), BelfastMay 13, 2014
Pros: work colleagues
Cons: long hours
Ensure all customer orders were dealt with extremely quckly and despatched swiftly.

Customer connection and cummunication skills

Co workers were extremely positive throughout my employment

most enjoyable part of employment within Land of Leather Warehouse, was interacting with work colleague and getting involved on a daily basis.
Multi client warehousing in the pharmaceutical industry
Quality Manager and RP (Current Employee), OxfordshireMay 6, 2014
Pros: varied day to day challenges
Cons: organisation too big and complex
A busy environment maintaining compliance to Good Distribution Practice regulations.
DHL is a good company
Invoicing / Import Customs Affairs Clerk (Current Employee), OR TamboMay 6, 2014
Pros: communication
Cons: long hours
 Capturing, raised, print and push it to Ador.
 Invoice and send the order to dispatch.
 Handle the short and oversupply queries.
 Prepare daily spreadsheet for daily orders received.
 Released orders that are on hold.
 Mark monthly bank statement for particular accounts.
 Balancing of the Reconciliation in Great Plain.
 Correction of vat and – more... duplication invoices.
 Apply journals in Great plain.
 Balancing of the journal in excel. – less

About DHL

DHL is the global market leader of the international express and logistics industry, specialising in providing innovative and – Read more