DHL
1,432 reviews

DHL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
was pleasure to work at DHL
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Ellesmere Port, ENGOctober 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at DHL and I learned a lot while I was there, Team management was understanding and I enjoyed every minute I spent there. it was the most enjoyable job.
PRODUCTIVE
WAREHOUSE OPERATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), South-West Penang Island, M07October 27, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: shortbreaks, lunch and healthcare
I LEARNED SO MUCH EXPERIENCED HERE.
OVERALL I REALLY ENJOY WHILE I WORKED HERE
productive and fun work place
warhouse operative (Former Employee), warringtonOctober 26, 2014
Pros: break every 2 hours
Cons: cold environment
driving a llop pick targets set by the company in a freezing below 0 degrees environment . i learnt to drive a llop and achieve the target set by the company and to work quick and safely the hardest part of the job was trying to adjust to the cold.
Project Manager /Buyer II (Former Employee), Plantation, FLOctober 23, 2014
• Managed relationships with business partners, incumbents and internal team with the overall goal of ongoing success and drive.
an enjoyable place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), coventryOctober 23, 2014
was an enjoyable place to work but was not very stable due to loackage work at certain parts of the year
Not alot of advancement
Supply Chain coordinator (Former Employee), chicagoOctober 20, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: commute, work structure
Long commute
alot of data entry - continuously updating system
Office Administrative & Maneger Assistant (Former Employee), SyriaOctober 20, 2014
Packaging products
Checking address and labelling parcels
Computer works involved Data input
Mailing items to the main office ready for dispatch
Following all company procedures including confidentiality and health & safety
Highly Professional
Finance (Current Employee), SingaporeOctober 19, 2014
DHL Supply Chain is a professional environment to work in. Very committed to good work and consistently improving to keep up. Good place to develop core skills. Great place to be for a longer term career in logistics.
Fast pace environment with limited downtown
Floor Support/Sorter (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: management
You work with a variety of people. And you get to work on your people skills. Management is not great. I learned how to work without supervision and how to work as a team.
Operations / Quality Manager / Military Leader
Sr Operation Mgr/Eastern Region Quality Mgr (Current Employee), Elkridge, MDOctober 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, creativity
Cons: high number of temporary labor workforce.
* A highly skilled and versatile manager who serves simultaneously in three roles: Senior Operations Manager and Eastern Region Quality Assurance Manager for DHL Global Mail and Psychological Operations Team Leader for the United States Army (Reserve).
* Oversees all terminal functions, strategic directions and execution of the terminal’s objectives – more... and profitability. Strong leadership and in-depth knowledge of operations enabled terminal to reduce Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) unit cost by 9.3 percent in a year by improving methods and procedures for manual sorting and data entry while increasing usage of automation equipment.
* As Quality Manager, improved terminal quality through implementation of Crawl, Walk, Run and best practices training for staff. Engaged employees to seek out problems in performance and quality not seen by management to develop buy-in process for all employees.
* As Psychological Operations Team Leader, planned and executed over 100 combat Psychological Operations missions in Regional Command East and South Afghanistan during very dynamic fighting season. Honorable Discharge.
* U.S. citizen, Secret clearance, eligible for Veteran’s Preference, willing to travel 100%. – less
Good
Project Manager (Former Employee), Plantation, FLOctober 16, 2014
Good management style, responsibility id key to success
n.a
Another number.
Packer (Former Employee), Doncaster, ENGOctober 15, 2014
Pros: the pay.
The same routine over and over again and you werent treated like an individual but just a number that they could replace at any moment in time.

I enjoyed the friends I made there but that's the only part.
dhl banbury
quality control technician (Former Employee), Banbury, ENGOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good manager
Cons: statistically inspecting heavy animal product
every day was different, but the same as we knew what product was due in and when, always knew what product needed to be released and turned round within the working day, I learned a lot about drugs, management were supportive the immediate office manager was one of the best mangers I had ever been employed by, he was very supportive and helpful, the – more... office environment was one of hard work due to working with each other and being supportive of each other, I most enjoyed working alongside my co-workers as there was a good working atmosphere – less
Fun place to work in
Truck Driver/Courier (Former Employee), Inwood, NYOctober 14, 2014
i loved it everyone was fun and i had great time working there
Great team spirit commited to meeting targets happy workforce
Warehouse Colleague (Former Employee), BedfordOctober 13, 2014
Pros: subsidised meals sports and social club discount on goods
Working in various areas of the operation goods in receipts from u k and global suppliers sea freight air freight despatch picking packing f l t driving use of electronic scanners in all areas working a two shift system 06-00 to 1400 14-00 to 22-00 alternating each week
I was trained as a banks man to assist delivery drivers from time to time especially – more... in our busy Christmas period October to December
I was trained to drive an high bay Reach Truck with camera on mast
I have had in past years considerable management/Supervisory experience being part of a team setting up a new operation within a warehouse environment to ensure good space utilisation and an effective and efficient operation being a I s o registered operation adhering to procedures and work instructions I always promoted safe working practices also team awareness I always worked hands on as this keeps you in touch with what is going on in respect of moral a happy work force is a productive workforce and that is what I like and have always promoted this
The hardest part of my job has always been meeting targets and deadlines within a realistic time scales keeping the good record of 0 fails
The most satisfying/enjoyable part of the job is when all targets and deadline are met as this give a great sense of achievement and the team can leave work with the knowledge – less
mediocre
Repacking Operator (Former Employee), doncasterOctober 12, 2014
Cons: must have pacience
if they would pay you on time it would be a good place to work,also must have a lot of pacience A LOT
good job. lots of work but enjoyable
Courier/Guard/Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good pay, safe vehicles, good binifits.
Cons: long hours at times, short pickup windows vs deliveries.
From unloading trucks and sorting the packages to delivering and picking up of packages there was a since of dedication from the employees and management.
It was a pleasure working with the customers helping them with their international paperwork to insure that their packages arrived at their destination in a timely manor.
dhl
Stock Controller (Former Employee), doncaster,thorneOctober 9, 2014
well i come in the morning .go on the computer check if there is empty pickfaces and get a print out .then i get a scanner gun sign for it and head down on the shop floor section were i control wat stock comes in and put into different locations .well biggest think in my job is there is lack of comunacation between staff .well my co workers i get on – more... really well with .the hardest part of my job when i get told last minute on things .is being my own boss . – less
Environment was ok, seems like operation was haphazard.
Aircraft engineering coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: locating information
Worked engineering modifications to the aircraft.
Learned more how to research and follow FAA rules and regulations.
Management was haphazard.
Coworkers were ok to work with.
Hardest part of this job was locating information.
Learned to deal with getting a job done in a rather mismanaged operation.
Hours can be a bit long but other than that, great job
HGV Class 1 driver (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
Job starts with checking your tractor unit over checking for defects and/or any problems. Collect paperwork for your job run from office. Find and check over trailer and load. Drive to store and help unload stock and reload salvage and empty cages to return to depot.
Hardest part of the job is not really knowing what time you will finish your day.

About DHL

DHL is the global market leader of the international express and logistics industry, specialising in providing innovative and – Read more