DHL Employee Reviews

interesting to learn how a courier company works
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 April 2016
Waiting for the trucks to come in from Calgary, Winnipeg and Edmonton, was always fun.Testing yourself against the clock for unloading a truck became the real challenge.
Pros
The learning curve was intense but enjoyable
Cons
some of the other people you came into contact with could leave a bad taste in your mouth.
satisfactory
skilled worker (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 April 2016
Loomis Express we are supplying couriers to the customers and residents. Our company pick up and delivering shipments for DHL in Fort McMurray
Competitive fun work environment
Lead Qualifier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2016
Overall good company to work for. Fun environment when meeting sales quotas.People you work with are great, some managers are great and always there to help you.
Good company, great team not very good compensation
SR. INVENTORY CONTOL (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2016
Great team
Good benefits
For the work you do is not very well compensated, but it is good company to work for
It has good benefits
Associates are not being developed as they should
Pros
People
Cons
Compensation
always on the go and constantly busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON6 February 2016
lots of multitasking and area knowledge of the vehicles packages, loaded 6 vehicles in a night,

hardest part is working in the cold and being so bulked in layers hard to move around in a safe fast pace
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sort comes really quick
Good Place to Work
Team Leader - Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2016
Great People to work with
Very Friendly Coworkers and Management
Typical Day involves interactions with customers and liaising with the network towards locating shipments and resolving customer complaints
Hardest part of the job - When you are helpless and have to say No to a customer.
Being Productive - You get to learn something new everyday if you are willing
The more you give; the more you get back is what I've found.
At DHL Cayman we give back
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2016
It was a great pleasure working at DHL Cayman , we have a great team the pull togather to make the impossible happen.
i really love the fact that i doing what i love along with meeting my customers.
Pros
free lunch and uniforms
Cons
Get in office early and work late
Best supervisor I've ever worked for
Customs Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 November 2015
DHL is a high volume brokerage in Windsor. Fun environment, but requires dilligence and urgency due to volume of work. Our breaks and lunch is pretty flexible, a nice perk.
The peers and management were good to work with in collections
Collection Clerk, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2015
Down sizing forced me into customer service having the public call in and verbally abuse you constantly every day. I looked for and found a position myself that appealed to me.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
10 - 6pm
Fun work place
Senior Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuwait1 October 2015
Excellent customer service. Great orientation and teaching programs. Very professional. Time is of the utmost importance. Taught on multi-tasking very efficiently. Working successfully under pressure of customer demands was key and strongly helped to excel with that.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Control Room & Hub Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 September 2015
Tenure at DHL express taught me a lot about the courier service industry and logistics, my overall experience was a good one.
Good company
Implant/Export Executive in Oil & Gas Department (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Free Zone26 August 2015
DHL was a good company for me but since I was not getting promoted due to company's internal politics so had to switch to achieve more in life and carrier.
operations management, dispatch, collections, customer servuce, aircraft operations
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 August 2015
105 employee crew including drivers, warehouse, back office under my team of 2 supervisors and one manager.
All aspects of warehouse operation
Union and non union environment
Designated Trainer in Warehouse, dangerous good, aircraft operations, screening and xray
Driver dispatch
Time restraints and aircraft ops would be the hardest part but also the most exciting parts of the job.
Excellent team and crew.
Pros
Excellent team and people
Customs Rater
Customs Rater (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 August 2015
The workplace environment is very immature and the shifts were hard to manage sleep because I was required to work both days and midnights in the same week.
Pros
Nice Manager
Cons
No stability
long days hard work go home tired
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  calgary8 July 2015
great place to work always friendly and fast paced. always busy and always go home tired and feeling good.
during peak period long days turn in overtime everyday witch can be draining./
Cons
unionized
Good company
Customer service and sales representative (Current Employee) –  brampton, ontario30 April 2015
Customer service and sales representative for inbound service inquires. Proactively managed customer expectations through verify shipment details for customers
As a driver, you will serve DHL customers via a daily route, in your truck or van.
Warehouse Worker and Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC4 April 2015
Both on the road as well as at customers’ doors, as a DHL driver, you are the calling card for DHL. This means treating customers with respect, and ensuring that your vehicle is in tip-top shape at all times. As a DHL driver, you thus play an important role, in a job which offers a great deal of freedom but also a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
More hours
What makes this position so attractive is the freedom and variety of the job, and the job security and great employment conditions that only a large e
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC30 March 2015
As a driver, one should know how to find the fastest route for delivering your cargo on time, safe and problem-free. But there is more to it than that: as a driver, one should also know how to load your truck or van the smartest way possible, enabling to work as efficiently as possible.
The Worst Company Ever
Courier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2015
Let's put it this way:
One Christmas season we had many issues with packages going missing. When asking management how we should explain it to the customer , they said" We don't Care, Say whatever to make them happy." And now the Burnaby call centre is shut down. I wonder why?
Pros
Cons
Everything, I would never ship anything with DHL
Growing Company
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 February 2015
Fast paced work environment; opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge if willing.
Excellent group of co-workers always willing to lend a helping had with their knowledge and experience.
Good benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.