DHL Employee Reviews

always on the go and constantly busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON6 February 2016
lots of multitasking and area knowledge of the vehicles packages, loaded 6 vehicles in a night,

hardest part is working in the cold and being so bulked in layers hard to move around in a safe fast pace
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sort comes really quick
Good Place to Work
Team Leader - Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2016
Great People to work with
Very Friendly Coworkers and Management
Typical Day involves interactions with customers and liaising with the network towards locating shipments and resolving customer complaints
Hardest part of the job - When you are helpless and have to say No to a customer.
Being Productive - You get to learn something new everyday if you are willing
The more you give; the more you get back is what I've found.
At DHL Cayman we give back
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2016
It was a great pleasure working at DHL Cayman , we have a great team the pull togather to make the impossible happen.
i really love the fact that i doing what i love along with meeting my customers.
Pros
free lunch and uniforms
Cons
Get in office early and work late
Best supervisor I've ever worked for
Customs Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 November 2015
DHL is a high volume brokerage in Windsor. Fun environment, but requires dilligence and urgency due to volume of work. Our breaks and lunch is pretty flexible, a nice perk.
The peers and management were good to work with in collections
Collection Clerk, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2015
Down sizing forced me into customer service having the public call in and verbally abuse you constantly every day. I looked for and found a position myself that appealed to me.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
10 - 6pm
Fun work place
Senior Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuwait1 October 2015
Excellent customer service. Great orientation and teaching programs. Very professional. Time is of the utmost importance. Taught on multi-tasking very efficiently. Working successfully under pressure of customer demands was key and strongly helped to excel with that.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Control Room & Hub Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 September 2015
Tenure at DHL express taught me a lot about the courier service industry and logistics, my overall experience was a good one.
Good company
Implant/Export Executive in Oil & Gas Department (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Free Zone26 August 2015
DHL was a good company for me but since I was not getting promoted due to company's internal politics so had to switch to achieve more in life and carrier.
operations management, dispatch, collections, customer servuce, aircraft operations
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 August 2015
105 employee crew including drivers, warehouse, back office under my team of 2 supervisors and one manager.
All aspects of warehouse operation
Union and non union environment
Designated Trainer in Warehouse, dangerous good, aircraft operations, screening and xray
Driver dispatch
Time restraints and aircraft ops would be the hardest part but also the most exciting parts of the job.
Excellent team and crew.
Pros
Excellent team and people
Customs Rater
Customs Rater (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 August 2015
The workplace environment is very immature and the shifts were hard to manage sleep because I was required to work both days and midnights in the same week.
Pros
Nice Manager
Cons
No stability
long days hard work go home tired
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  calgary8 July 2015
great place to work always friendly and fast paced. always busy and always go home tired and feeling good.
during peak period long days turn in overtime everyday witch can be draining./
Cons
unionized
Good company
Customer service and sales representative (Current Employee) –  brampton, ontario30 April 2015
Customer service and sales representative for inbound service inquires. Proactively managed customer expectations through verify shipment details for customers
As a driver, you will serve DHL customers via a daily route, in your truck or van.
Warehouse Worker and Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC4 April 2015
Both on the road as well as at customers’ doors, as a DHL driver, you are the calling card for DHL. This means treating customers with respect, and ensuring that your vehicle is in tip-top shape at all times. As a DHL driver, you thus play an important role, in a job which offers a great deal of freedom but also a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
More hours
What makes this position so attractive is the freedom and variety of the job, and the job security and great employment conditions that only a large e
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC30 March 2015
As a driver, one should know how to find the fastest route for delivering your cargo on time, safe and problem-free. But there is more to it than that: as a driver, one should also know how to load your truck or van the smartest way possible, enabling to work as efficiently as possible.
The Worst Company Ever
Courier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2015
Let's put it this way:
One Christmas season we had many issues with packages going missing. When asking management how we should explain it to the customer , they said" We don't Care, Say whatever to make them happy." And now the Burnaby call centre is shut down. I wonder why?
Pros
Cons
Everything, I would never ship anything with DHL
Growing Company
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 February 2015
Fast paced work environment; opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge if willing.
Excellent group of co-workers always willing to lend a helping had with their knowledge and experience.
Good benefits.
Nice place to work
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 January 2015
Worked Nights didn't get much interaction with management or co workers on the road Driving truck
Pros
Fair Place to work at
Cons
worked nights on weekends
Great team
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dorval28 January 2015
Great work environment. Culture is wonderful as well. If you have good co-workers, your job becomes that much more fun.

On the down side, the pay was never great. It was pretty dusty and a bit unclean. But thats just due to the nature of the industry.
Productive workplace, unprofessional superviors, unrealistic probation period
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton ON24 January 2015
I have been working for DHL Express- Brampton for 5 months during my time there I've had some good and bad experience working there. Overall DHL as a company believes as long as they feed their employees with a few recreational events then everything okay. Its sad to say but during my training which was 6 weeks I believed that DHL was a very honest company who cares about their employees well being and how they are treated. Unfortunately that's not the case, because I personally have dealt with few supervisors who were unprofessional, demising towards their employees, racist, negative, and weren't willing to assist temp agents when help was need. Also they would not speak english around employees, yell while agents were on the phone, disrespectful and condescending. Training was poor and hardly taught us anything useful when handling customers over the phone, most information was wrong and was corrected when we would make mistakes giving customers wrong information. They have the most unrealistic hiring procedures. So personally I would not work for this company again I thought being a unionized company that once I was hired on I would've been treated fairly. But from speaking with other employees and my own personal experience, DHL treat temp agents with no respect at all.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, horrible supervisors, temp agents treated unfairly
Good job
Driver/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 January 2015
good place to work. I enjoy he clients and people I work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.