DHL Employee Reviews

long days hard work go home tired
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  calgary8 July 2015
great place to work always friendly and fast paced. always busy and always go home tired and feeling good.
during peak period long days turn in overtime everyday witch can be draining./
Cons
unionized
Good company
Customer service and sales representative (Current Employee) –  brampton, ontario30 April 2015
Customer service and sales representative for inbound service inquires. Proactively managed customer expectations through verify shipment details for customers
As a driver, you will serve DHL customers via a daily route, in your truck or van.
Warehouse Worker and Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC4 April 2015
Both on the road as well as at customers’ doors, as a DHL driver, you are the calling card for DHL. This means treating customers with respect, and ensuring that your vehicle is in tip-top shape at all times. As a DHL driver, you thus play an important role, in a job which offers a great deal of freedom but also a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
More hours
What makes this position so attractive is the freedom and variety of the job, and the job security and great employment conditions that only a large e
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC30 March 2015
As a driver, one should know how to find the fastest route for delivering your cargo on time, safe and problem-free. But there is more to it than that: as a driver, one should also know how to load your truck or van the smartest way possible, enabling to work as efficiently as possible.
The Worst Company Ever
Courier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2015
Let's put it this way:
One Christmas season we had many issues with packages going missing. When asking management how we should explain it to the customer , they said" We don't Care, Say whatever to make them happy." And now the Burnaby call centre is shut down. I wonder why?
Pros
Cons
Everything, I would never ship anything with DHL
Growing Company
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 February 2015
Fast paced work environment; opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge if willing.
Excellent group of co-workers always willing to lend a helping had with their knowledge and experience.
Good benefits.
Nice place to work
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 January 2015
Worked Nights didn't get much interaction with management or co workers on the road Driving truck
Pros
Fair Place to work at
Cons
worked nights on weekends
Great team
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dorval28 January 2015
Great work environment. Culture is wonderful as well. If you have good co-workers, your job becomes that much more fun.

On the down side, the pay was never great. It was pretty dusty and a bit unclean. But thats just due to the nature of the industry.
Productive workplace, unprofessional superviors, unrealistic probation period
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton ON24 January 2015
I have been working for DHL Express- Brampton for 5 months during my time there I've had some good and bad experience working there. Overall DHL as a company believes as long as they feed their employees with a few recreational events then everything okay. Its sad to say but during my training which was 6 weeks I believed that DHL was a very honest company who cares about their employees well being and how they are treated. Unfortunately that's not the case, because I personally have dealt with few supervisors who were unprofessional, demising towards their employees, racist, negative, and weren't willing to assist temp agents when help was need. Also they would not speak english around employees, yell while agents were on the phone, disrespectful and condescending. Training was poor and hardly taught us anything useful when handling customers over the phone, most information was wrong and was corrected when we would make mistakes giving customers wrong information. They have the most unrealistic hiring procedures. So personally I would not work for this company again I thought being a unionized company that once I was hired on I would've been treated fairly. But from speaking with other employees and my own personal experience, DHL treat temp agents with no respect at all.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, horrible supervisors, temp agents treated unfairly
Good job
Driver/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 January 2015
good place to work. I enjoy he clients and people I work with.
At DHL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2014
DHL taught me how crucial professionalism in customer service reflects on a company. I was fortunate to be in a position that allowed me to communicate to people from all positions from cashiers to executive members. It grounded me to the person that I am today who enjoys working with people. It also enhanced my skills exceedingly.
Fun workplace
Exports (Current Employee) –  Brampton head office10 December 2014
Every day is a new day and a fun day, learing new things.

Co-workers are very freindly, happy and helpfull

The most enjoyable part of my job is that i always wake up happy and excited to go to work and talk to my co-workers.
Customer service/ on the phone/ 70-80 calls a day.
Brokerage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 December 2014
Handling 70-80 calls a day on an average. Calls can be regarding invoice copies, breakdown of duties and taxes or genaral complaints.
I have learned a great deal of patience and handling difficult customers , escalting important issues.
Management is the company is not very motivating due to its being a unionized envioronment so whether you work very hard or just what is required , doesnt matter to them.
Pros
Salary, job security. Unionized.
Cons
Management, Training, Growth oppurtunity.
Disorganized and not well managed.
Data processing and analysis (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2014
No organized system to get information to customer service reps. Files and information given multiple times and temps are continuously being blamed and having the finger pointed at them for issues that were not caused by them at all.
Good experiences
Représentante au Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC20 October 2014
It was my first real job in Canada and I was all excited about working out there. The atmosphere was good, and it made the days shorter. It was fine for a first experience in a foreign country.
not a bad place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC19 October 2014
not a bad place to work, great people to work with and easy going environment
Communication is the key to success
Team Lead-Certified International Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2014
• A typical day at work : Everyone can do a good job, not everyone choose to do it.
• What you learned : I learned that you get what you give, so be generous.
• Management : Everyone needs motivation, not everyone is able to give.
• Your co-workers : Making a good environment depends on everyone, starting with you.
• The hardest part of the job : The sky is the limit.
• The most enjoyable part of the job : The sky as no limit.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
Too far
A global organization with healthy work culture and strong business ethics
PRICING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MALAYSIA2 October 2014
I would highly recommend DHL Express as a very conducive workplace with high business ethics.

As a pricing manager I had a challenging job of balancing company profitability with revenue growth. It required me to have strong business sense and analytical thinking to work out win-win solutions while negotiating with sales personnel.

I received international exposure across DHL Express working with CEO's, business heads and sales managers which helped tremendously in my growth and experience.
Productive workplace
Assistant Runner (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 July 2014
delivering packages all day
experiencing hands on customer service
hardest: lifting boxes
best: meetinig new people
hands on Active Experience
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl NL23 July 2014
Delivering and receiving packages door after door no matter what kind of weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.