DHL Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 January 2015
Worked Nights didn't get much interaction with management or co workers on the road Driving truck
Pros
Fair Place to work at
Cons
worked nights on weekends
Great team
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dorval28 January 2015
Great work environment. Culture is wonderful as well. If you have good co-workers, your job becomes that much more fun.

On the down side, the pay was never great. It was pretty dusty and a bit unclean. But thats just due to the nature of the industry.
Productive workplace, unprofessional superviors, unrealistic probation period
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton ON24 January 2015
I have been working for DHL Express- Brampton for 5 months during my time there I've had some good and bad experience working there. Overall DHL as a company believes as long as they feed their employees with a few recreational events then everything okay. Its sad to say but during my training which was 6 weeks I believed that DHL was a very honest company who cares about their employees well being and how they are treated. Unfortunately that's not the case, because I personally have dealt with few supervisors who were unprofessional, demising towards their employees, racist, negative, and weren't willing to assist temp agents when help was need. Also they would not speak english around employees, yell while agents were on the phone, disrespectful and condescending. Training was poor and hardly taught us anything useful when handling customers over the phone, most information was wrong and was corrected when we would make mistakes giving customers wrong information. They have the most unrealistic hiring procedures. So personally I would not work for this company again I thought being a unionized company that once I was hired on I would've been treated fairly. But from speaking with other employees and my own personal experience, DHL treat temp agents with no respect at all.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, horrible supervisors, temp agents treated unfairly
Good job
Driver/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 January 2015
good place to work. I enjoy he clients and people I work with.
At DHL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2014
DHL taught me how crucial professionalism in customer service reflects on a company. I was fortunate to be in a position that allowed me to communicate to people from all positions from cashiers to executive members. It grounded me to the person that I am today who enjoys working with people. It also enhanced my skills exceedingly.
Fun workplace
Exports (Current Employee) –  Brampton head office10 December 2014
Every day is a new day and a fun day, learing new things.

Co-workers are very freindly, happy and helpfull

The most enjoyable part of my job is that i always wake up happy and excited to go to work and talk to my co-workers.
Customer service/ on the phone/ 70-80 calls a day.
Brokerage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 December 2014
Handling 70-80 calls a day on an average. Calls can be regarding invoice copies, breakdown of duties and taxes or genaral complaints.
I have learned a great deal of patience and handling difficult customers , escalting important issues.
Management is the company is not very motivating due to its being a unionized envioronment so whether you work very hard or just what is required , doesnt matter to them.
Pros
Salary, job security. Unionized.
Cons
Management, Training, Growth oppurtunity.
Disorganized and not well managed.
Data processing and analysis (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2014
No organized system to get information to customer service reps. Files and information given multiple times and temps are continuously being blamed and having the finger pointed at them for issues that were not caused by them at all.
Good experiences
Représentante au Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC20 October 2014
It was my first real job in Canada and I was all excited about working out there. The atmosphere was good, and it made the days shorter. It was fine for a first experience in a foreign country.
not a bad place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC19 October 2014
not a bad place to work, great people to work with and easy going environment
Communication is the key to success
Team Lead-Certified International Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2014
• A typical day at work : Everyone can do a good job, not everyone choose to do it.
• What you learned : I learned that you get what you give, so be generous.
• Management : Everyone needs motivation, not everyone is able to give.
• Your co-workers : Making a good environment depends on everyone, starting with you.
• The hardest part of the job : The sky is the limit.
• The most enjoyable part of the job : The sky as no limit.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
Too far
A global organization with healthy work culture and strong business ethics
PRICING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MALAYSIA2 October 2014
I would highly recommend DHL Express as a very conducive workplace with high business ethics.

As a pricing manager I had a challenging job of balancing company profitability with revenue growth. It required me to have strong business sense and analytical thinking to work out win-win solutions while negotiating with sales personnel.

I received international exposure across DHL Express working with CEO's, business heads and sales managers which helped tremendously in my growth and experience.
Productive workplace
Assistant Runner (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 July 2014
delivering packages all day
experiencing hands on customer service
hardest: lifting boxes
best: meetinig new people
hands on Active Experience
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl NL23 July 2014
Delivering and receiving packages door after door no matter what kind of weather
Nice people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 July 2014
A typical day at work would be on the phone's assisting the customer's with their needs. I would input their orders and deliveries into the system and follow up with any customer's that needed further information which the front lines representatives did not have at the time of the original call.
The Manager's here were okay to work with. I have worked at a few different companies and I have to say that the management was the best.
The hardest part of my job were the hours, as I was not able to spend time with my small daughter.
The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with customer's on the phone.
Pros
The job was only 20 mins from my home
Cons
Management and Shift
Esprit d'entraide entre les collaborateurs
HR Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paris - Charles-de-Gaulle Airport, A815 June 2014
DHL a su garder l'esprit américain dans sa culture d'entreprise, permettant un dialogue et une approche plus libre au quotidien entre collaborateurs.
Great place to work but lacking staff appreciation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, On13 May 2014
A typical day at work for me involved answering over 60 inbound phone calls in a shift. I assisted customers with tracking their package and finding delivery solutions that worked best for them. I also helped to resovle any delivery issues and replied to general customer inquiries by email and telephone. I helped to created new and everlasting account customers to help generate revenue for the company. I learned all the many things that happen from the time you order your package to how it ends up at your front door as well as new customer service skills. My co- workers were all quite nice and extremely helpful. Management was a bit of a disappointment because they did not recognize all of the hard work we did on a daily basis. As well there was no employee appreciation. The hardest part of the job would be to listen to a customer tell you they urgently require their package within the same day and not being able to always get it to them on the same day. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be having great and memorable conversations with customers.
Pros
Free lunch, 3 breaks in a 8 hours shift
Cons
Lack or morale
team work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  saskatoon, Saskatchewan5 May 2014
Work was fast pace. Time management was very important. As it was a lot of team work it was wise to be good to the fellow employees to gain their trust and support for tasks.
Pros
lead hand was partial towards old employees and did not take time to teach new employees
Cons
new employees had to learn everything by him/herself.short breaks
Dhl
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2014
DHL Express is market leader in contract logistics, providing warehousing, managed transport and value added services. DHL Express Canada had annual sales of over 1 billion with distribution centers sorting and providing logistics for above 20,000 packages daily
Fast Paced Work Experience
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2014
My role as a customer service adviser was a good experience. I learned a lot about cordially answering the phone, also learning how to empathize with customers.

The hardest part about my job would have to be learning the right type of procedures will handling the calls.
Pros
full times hours
Cons
Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.