DHL Employee Reviews

Fun enviorment
Trace Agent, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2016
Good management. Very caring about the staff
Great place for a person to learn about the working environment
Good incentives for employees which helps the compmnay be successful
warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 July 2016
split shift dividing parcels for delivery unloading trucks. management was not the greatest but i made do. most of my coworkers were good
the hardest part of the job was trying to divide the parcels and figure out which route the parcels went to
Considerablly good place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2016
Fast paced working shift, fun working culture and environment. Work load depend on seasons and festivals, very careful on safety and hazard goods training.
Dhl
Account Manager Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 June 2016
a lot has changed in the last few years, but it was a typical 7 day work week, with clients calling you on weekends, and all hours of the night. Very stressful position when you manage major accounts spending millions of dollars.
Do not apply to this company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2016
DHL express in Brampton presents the impression to their employees that they are professional and care but don't be fooled. The issue begins with their inconsistent and incompetent trainer and management who instead of providing proper answer leave you if you are having an issue with a customer to sink or swim. The sad things they know they have inconsitent training but do nothing to fix it. When you are there you are just a number. Dont be fooledby how much money they have generated you wouldnt believe the unprofessional and gross short cuts the take that hurts the employee and customerTheir management is so unprofessional alot of micromanagement and they are, management, really good liars convincing you that you ve done a great job but turn around and blame you for things out of your control. If you're considering to apply for this run for the hills . Note there was a last review on this site that said the same thing but since I have worked here everything about them being unprofessional is true
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Fun workplace.
Sales - International Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2016
A typical day at work involves: Making cold calls to businesses, calling warm leads. Following up with leads, emails and voicemail. We have daily targets to reach 90 calls and 10 Leads that are qualified.

At my time working at DHL Express, I have gained some great transferable sales skills. Have become very competitive with reaching sales goals. I have gained cold calling skills, great communication skills, and customer service skills.

The environment is great: Work hard, play hard. We get rewarded for reaching our sales targets.

Company has a great "First time buyers campaign" . Sales incentive make a great way to reach targets,
Pros
Commission, Great team.
interesting to learn how a courier company works
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 April 2016
Waiting for the trucks to come in from Calgary, Winnipeg and Edmonton, was always fun.Testing yourself against the clock for unloading a truck became the real challenge.
Pros
The learning curve was intense but enjoyable
Cons
some of the other people you came into contact with could leave a bad taste in your mouth.
satisfactory
skilled worker (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 April 2016
Loomis Express we are supplying couriers to the customers and residents. Our company pick up and delivering shipments for DHL in Fort McMurray
Competitive fun work environment
Lead Qualifier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2016
Overall good company to work for. Fun environment when meeting sales quotas.People you work with are great, some managers are great and always there to help you.
Good company, great team not very good compensation
SR. INVENTORY CONTOL (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2016
Great team
Good benefits
For the work you do is not very well compensated, but it is good company to work for
It has good benefits
Associates are not being developed as they should
Pros
People
Cons
Compensation
always on the go and constantly busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON6 February 2016
lots of multitasking and area knowledge of the vehicles packages, loaded 6 vehicles in a night,

hardest part is working in the cold and being so bulked in layers hard to move around in a safe fast pace
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sort comes really quick
Good Place to Work
Team Leader - Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2016
Great People to work with
Very Friendly Coworkers and Management
Typical Day involves interactions with customers and liaising with the network towards locating shipments and resolving customer complaints
Hardest part of the job - When you are helpless and have to say No to a customer.
Being Productive - You get to learn something new everyday if you are willing
The more you give; the more you get back is what I've found.
At DHL Cayman we give back
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2016
It was a great pleasure working at DHL Cayman , we have a great team the pull togather to make the impossible happen.
i really love the fact that i doing what i love along with meeting my customers.
Pros
free lunch and uniforms
Cons
Get in office early and work late
Best supervisor I've ever worked for
Customs Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 November 2015
DHL is a high volume brokerage in Windsor. Fun environment, but requires dilligence and urgency due to volume of work. Our breaks and lunch is pretty flexible, a nice perk.
The peers and management were good to work with in collections
Collection Clerk, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2015
Down sizing forced me into customer service having the public call in and verbally abuse you constantly every day. I looked for and found a position myself that appealed to me.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
10 - 6pm
Fun work place
Senior Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuwait1 October 2015
Excellent customer service. Great orientation and teaching programs. Very professional. Time is of the utmost importance. Taught on multi-tasking very efficiently. Working successfully under pressure of customer demands was key and strongly helped to excel with that.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Control Room & Hub Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 September 2015
Tenure at DHL express taught me a lot about the courier service industry and logistics, my overall experience was a good one.
Good company
Implant/Export Executive in Oil & Gas Department (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Free Zone26 August 2015
DHL was a good company for me but since I was not getting promoted due to company's internal politics so had to switch to achieve more in life and carrier.
operations management, dispatch, collections, customer servuce, aircraft operations
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 August 2015
105 employee crew including drivers, warehouse, back office under my team of 2 supervisors and one manager.
All aspects of warehouse operation
Union and non union environment
Designated Trainer in Warehouse, dangerous good, aircraft operations, screening and xray
Driver dispatch
Time restraints and aircraft ops would be the hardest part but also the most exciting parts of the job.
Excellent team and crew.
Pros
Excellent team and people
Customs Rater
Customs Rater (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 August 2015
The workplace environment is very immature and the shifts were hard to manage sleep because I was required to work both days and midnights in the same week.
Pros
Nice Manager
Cons
No stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval