DHL Employee Reviews

Good company, great team not very good compensation
SR. INVENTORY CONTOL (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 3, 2016
Great team
Good benefits
For the work you do is not very well compensated, but it is good company to work for
It has good benefits
Associates are not being developed as they should
Pros
People
Cons
Compensation
Do not apply to this company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 1, 2016
DHL express in Brampton presents the impression to their employees that they are professional and care but don't be fooled. The issue begins with their inconsistent and incompetent trainer and management who instead of providing proper answer leave you if you are having an issue with a customer to sink or swim. The sad things they know they have inconsitent training but do nothing to fix it. When you are there you are just a number. Dont be fooledby how much money they have generated you wouldnt believe the unprofessional and gross short cuts the take that hurts the employee and customerTheir management is so unprofessional alot of micromanagement and they are, management, really good liars convincing you that you ve done a great job but turn around and blame you for things out of your control. If you're considering to apply for this run for the hills . Note there was a last review on this site that said the same thing but since I have worked here everything about them being unprofessional is true
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
climent controle warrhouse
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 31, 2016
start work at 7 am. get out at 3 pm.
I learn new things everyday.
my managers are very nice.
most of my co-workers are fun to work with.
quarter close is the busiest we get a lot of over time.
the people that make you laugh.
Dhl
Account Manager Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 15, 2016
a lot has changed in the last few years, but it was a typical 7 day work week, with clients calling you on weekends, and all hours of the night. Very stressful position when you manage major accounts spending millions of dollars.
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2016
i loved this job too. at this job i learned the city of Edmonton and also i worked with a good supervisor and the hardest part of the job was work with bad temperature.
Customer service/ on the phone/ 70-80 calls a day.
Brokerage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 1, 2014
Handling 70-80 calls a day on an average. Calls can be regarding invoice copies, breakdown of duties and taxes or genaral complaints.
I have learned a great deal of patience and handling difficult customers , escalting important issues.
Management is the company is not very motivating due to its being a unionized envioronment so whether you work very hard or just what is required , doesnt matter to them.
Pros
salary, job security. unionized.
Cons
management, training, growth oppurtunity.
always on the go and constantly busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ONFebruary 6, 2016
lots of multitasking and area knowledge of the vehicles packages, loaded 6 vehicles in a night,

hardest part is working in the cold and being so bulked in layers hard to move around in a safe fast pace
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sort comes really quick
At DHL Cayman we give back
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2016
It was a great pleasure working at DHL Cayman , we have a great team the pull togather to make the impossible happen.
i really love the fact that i doing what i love along with meeting my customers.
Pros
free lunch and uniforms
Cons
Get in office early and work late
Great place to work with great benefits
Warehouse personnel (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 11, 2012
There were times when I had to work hard especially when the trucks came from the Toronto depot and needed to be unloaded. Other than that it was a good job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
limited hours
Good company
Implant/Export Executive in Oil & Gas Department (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Free ZoneAugust 26, 2015
DHL was a good company for me but since I was not getting promoted due to company's internal politics so had to switch to achieve more in life and carrier.
Independent but fun
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 5, 2014
I was always on the road, between 6 to 10 hours a day, delivering parcels. I learned how to manage my time better and how to plan breaks and lunches and when to sacrifice them. I learned when to tell my employer too much freight is an issue and how to manage weather and traffic.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with long drives in between cities in nasty weather. I had to learn to dress for the occasion and plan detours a lot of the time.

The most enjoyable part was how I get to spend so much time alone. Listen to my own music, reflect on the day. It is nice to work and be able to do it on your own sometimes.
Pros
independence, wage, co-workers
Cons
long hours (10 -12 hr shifts)
The Worst Company Ever
Courier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 21, 2015
Let's put it this way:
One Christmas season we had many issues with packages going missing. When asking management how we should explain it to the customer , they said" We don't Care, Say whatever to make them happy." And now the Burnaby call centre is shut down. I wonder why?
Cons
everything, i would never ship anything with dhl
As a driver, you will serve DHL customers via a daily route, in your truck or van.
Warehouse Worker and Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCApril 4, 2015
Both on the road as well as at customers’ doors, as a DHL driver, you are the calling card for DHL. This means treating customers with respect, and ensuring that your vehicle is in tip-top shape at all times. As a DHL driver, you thus play an important role, in a job which offers a great deal of freedom but also a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
More hours
Great pleace to work. Competitive wages and great Management team
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2013
Hours were typically Monday to Friday 8:00-4:30 with optional overtime.
I learned all functions of working in the warehouse through the cross training offered. I even received my Forklift license all paid by the company.
Co-Workers were easy to deal with and were easy to work with.
The job was very enjoyable and I learned alot really quickly thats why i was promoted to Supervisor after only a year of being with the company.
Pros
competitive wages and flexable shifts
Cons
contract with vendor was short
At DHL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 13, 2014
DHL taught me how crucial professionalism in customer service reflects on a company. I was fortunate to be in a position that allowed me to communicate to people from all positions from cashiers to executive members. It grounded me to the person that I am today who enjoys working with people. It also enhanced my skills exceedingly.
Great work place and fun environment and awsome co-workers
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2013
I really had hard time to decide to leave my company as the work environment is friendly and we organized many fun event during all the year. I will be missing all my co-workers with whom I had very special relationship and specially my Ops Director with whom I really enjoyed working with during all the last 5 years.
My job was stressful, I was reponsible of all purchasing, negociations, bid evaluation, as well as the financial reports...)
The hardest part was that I had to work every Sundays to submit all my weekly and monthly reporting on a timely manner.
Pros
friendly work environment fun work place
Cons
working on sunday
Productive in work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 7, 2013
Answered Incoming Calls for High Call Volume Center
• Responded to Customer Inquiries and Complaints
• Provided information on shipments as necessary
• Scheduled picks up, rate quotes, transit times and resolved customer issues
team work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  saskatoon, SaskatchewanMay 5, 2014
Work was fast pace. Time management was very important. As it was a lot of team work it was wise to be good to the fellow employees to gain their trust and support for tasks.
Pros
lead hand was partial towards old employees and did not take time to teach new employees
Cons
new employees had to learn everything by him/herself.short breaks
Nice place to work
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Worked Nights didn't get much interaction with management or co workers on the road Driving truck
Pros
fair place to work at
Cons
worked nights on weekends
great environment to work in very friendly
organized routes, delivery, driver (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJuly 5, 2012
everyday going to work, was a new route, new people to meet and make them happy. You learn how to be more organized, efficient and well coordinated. Going in to work meeting with your co-worker with a smile and great environment. Hardest part is must be very quick know what you need, choosing the quickest route in a short time.
everyday going to work delivering packages to happy costumers is the best thing