DHL Employee Reviews

Probably the worst company I have ever worked for
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 October 2016
DHL Canada is a complete mess- as the biggest logistics company in the world you sure could not tell by working for the Canadain operations.

Supervisors are horrible, and if a good one is hired they move on pretty quick.

Just don't even bother!
Accepted Inbound mail from the us .. Shipped all over Canada
Mail processor (Former Employee) –  Windsor ont12 October 2016
Fun place to work got along with everyone and was always and interesting day.. Pay could be better along with no benefits at the time of my employment
climent controle warrhouse
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA31 August 2016
start work at 7 am. get out at 3 pm.
I learn new things everyday.
my managers are very nice.
most of my co-workers are fun to work with.
quarter close is the busiest we get a lot of over time.
the people that make you laugh.
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2016
i loved this job too. at this job i learned the city of Edmonton and also i worked with a good supervisor and the hardest part of the job was work with bad temperature.
Dhl
Account Manager Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 June 2016
a lot has changed in the last few years, but it was a typical 7 day work week, with clients calling you on weekends, and all hours of the night. Very stressful position when you manage major accounts spending millions of dollars.
Do not apply to this company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2016
DHL express in Brampton presents the impression to their employees that they are professional and care but don't be fooled. The issue begins with their inconsistent and incompetent trainer and management who instead of providing proper answer leave you if you are having an issue with a customer to sink or swim. The sad things they know they have inconsitent training but do nothing to fix it. When you are there you are just a number. Dont be fooledby how much money they have generated you wouldnt believe the unprofessional and gross short cuts the take that hurts the employee and customerTheir management is so unprofessional alot of micromanagement and they are, management, really good liars convincing you that you ve done a great job but turn around and blame you for things out of your control. If you're considering to apply for this run for the hills . Note there was a last review on this site that said the same thing but since I have worked here everything about them being unprofessional is true
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Good company, great team not very good compensation
SR. INVENTORY CONTOL (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2016
Great team
Good benefits
For the work you do is not very well compensated, but it is good company to work for
It has good benefits
Associates are not being developed as they should
Pros
People
Cons
Compensation
always on the go and constantly busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON6 February 2016
lots of multitasking and area knowledge of the vehicles packages, loaded 6 vehicles in a night,

hardest part is working in the cold and being so bulked in layers hard to move around in a safe fast pace
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sort comes really quick
At DHL Cayman we give back
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2016
It was a great pleasure working at DHL Cayman , we have a great team the pull togather to make the impossible happen.
i really love the fact that i doing what i love along with meeting my customers.
Pros
free lunch and uniforms
Cons
Get in office early and work late
Good company
Implant/Export Executive in Oil & Gas Department (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Free Zone26 August 2015
DHL was a good company for me but since I was not getting promoted due to company's internal politics so had to switch to achieve more in life and carrier.
As a driver, you will serve DHL customers via a daily route, in your truck or van.
Warehouse Worker and Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC4 April 2015
Both on the road as well as at customers’ doors, as a DHL driver, you are the calling card for DHL. This means treating customers with respect, and ensuring that your vehicle is in tip-top shape at all times. As a DHL driver, you thus play an important role, in a job which offers a great deal of freedom but also a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
More hours
The Worst Company Ever
Courier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2015
Let's put it this way:
One Christmas season we had many issues with packages going missing. When asking management how we should explain it to the customer , they said" We don't Care, Say whatever to make them happy." And now the Burnaby call centre is shut down. I wonder why?
Pros
Cons
Everything, I would never ship anything with DHL
Nice place to work
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 January 2015
Worked Nights didn't get much interaction with management or co workers on the road Driving truck
Pros
Fair Place to work at
Cons
worked nights on weekends
At DHL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2014
DHL taught me how crucial professionalism in customer service reflects on a company. I was fortunate to be in a position that allowed me to communicate to people from all positions from cashiers to executive members. It grounded me to the person that I am today who enjoys working with people. It also enhanced my skills exceedingly.
Customer service/ on the phone/ 70-80 calls a day.
Brokerage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 December 2014
Handling 70-80 calls a day on an average. Calls can be regarding invoice copies, breakdown of duties and taxes or genaral complaints.
I have learned a great deal of patience and handling difficult customers , escalting important issues.
Management is the company is not very motivating due to its being a unionized envioronment so whether you work very hard or just what is required , doesnt matter to them.
Pros
Salary, job security. Unionized.
Cons
Management, Training, Growth oppurtunity.
Disorganized and not well managed.
Data processing and analysis (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2014
No organized system to get information to customer service reps. Files and information given multiple times and temps are continuously being blamed and having the finger pointed at them for issues that were not caused by them at all.
not a bad place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC19 October 2014
not a bad place to work, great people to work with and easy going environment
Productive workplace
Assistant Runner (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 July 2014
delivering packages all day
experiencing hands on customer service
hardest: lifting boxes
best: meetinig new people
hands on Active Experience
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl NL23 July 2014
Delivering and receiving packages door after door no matter what kind of weather
team work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  saskatoon, Saskatchewan5 May 2014
Work was fast pace. Time management was very important. As it was a lot of team work it was wise to be good to the fellow employees to gain their trust and support for tasks.
Pros
lead hand was partial towards old employees and did not take time to teach new employees
Cons
new employees had to learn everything by him/herself.short breaks