DHL Employee Reviews

Probably the worst company I have ever worked for
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 October 2016
DHL Canada is a complete mess- as the biggest logistics company in the world you sure could not tell by working for the Canadain operations.

Supervisors are horrible, and if a good one is hired they move on pretty quick.

Just don't even bother!
climent controle warrhouse
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA31 August 2016
start work at 7 am. get out at 3 pm.
I learn new things everyday.
my managers are very nice.
most of my co-workers are fun to work with.
quarter close is the busiest we get a lot of over time.
the people that make you laugh.
Accepted Inbound mail from the us .. Shipped all over Canada
Mail processor (Former Employee) –  Windsor ont12 October 2016
Fun place to work got along with everyone and was always and interesting day.. Pay could be better along with no benefits at the time of my employment
Dhl
Account Manager Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 June 2016
a lot has changed in the last few years, but it was a typical 7 day work week, with clients calling you on weekends, and all hours of the night. Very stressful position when you manage major accounts spending millions of dollars.
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2016
i loved this job too. at this job i learned the city of Edmonton and also i worked with a good supervisor and the hardest part of the job was work with bad temperature.
Do not apply to this company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2016
DHL express in Brampton presents the impression to their employees that they are professional and care but don't be fooled. The issue begins with their inconsistent and incompetent trainer and management who instead of providing proper answer leave you if you are having an issue with a customer to sink or swim. The sad things they know they have inconsitent training but do nothing to fix it. When you are there you are just a number. Dont be fooledby how much money they have generated you wouldnt believe the unprofessional and gross short cuts the take that hurts the employee and customerTheir management is so unprofessional alot of micromanagement and they are, management, really good liars convincing you that you ve done a great job but turn around and blame you for things out of your control. If you're considering to apply for this run for the hills . Note there was a last review on this site that said the same thing but since I have worked here everything about them being unprofessional is true
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Good company, great team not very good compensation
SR. INVENTORY CONTOL (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2016
Great team
Good benefits
For the work you do is not very well compensated, but it is good company to work for
It has good benefits
Associates are not being developed as they should
Pros
People
Cons
Compensation
always on the go and constantly busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON6 February 2016
lots of multitasking and area knowledge of the vehicles packages, loaded 6 vehicles in a night,

hardest part is working in the cold and being so bulked in layers hard to move around in a safe fast pace
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sort comes really quick
At DHL Cayman we give back
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2016
It was a great pleasure working at DHL Cayman , we have a great team the pull togather to make the impossible happen.
i really love the fact that i doing what i love along with meeting my customers.
Pros
free lunch and uniforms
Cons
Get in office early and work late
As a driver, you will serve DHL customers via a daily route, in your truck or van.
Warehouse Worker and Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC4 April 2015
Both on the road as well as at customers’ doors, as a DHL driver, you are the calling card for DHL. This means treating customers with respect, and ensuring that your vehicle is in tip-top shape at all times. As a DHL driver, you thus play an important role, in a job which offers a great deal of freedom but also a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
More hours
Customer service/ on the phone/ 70-80 calls a day.
Brokerage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 December 2014
Handling 70-80 calls a day on an average. Calls can be regarding invoice copies, breakdown of duties and taxes or genaral complaints.
I have learned a great deal of patience and handling difficult customers , escalting important issues.
Management is the company is not very motivating due to its being a unionized envioronment so whether you work very hard or just what is required , doesnt matter to them.
Pros
Salary, job security. Unionized.
Cons
Management, Training, Growth oppurtunity.
The Worst Company Ever
Courier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2015
Let's put it this way:
One Christmas season we had many issues with packages going missing. When asking management how we should explain it to the customer , they said" We don't Care, Say whatever to make them happy." And now the Burnaby call centre is shut down. I wonder why?
Pros
Cons
Everything, I would never ship anything with DHL
Good company
Implant/Export Executive in Oil & Gas Department (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali Free Zone26 August 2015
DHL was a good company for me but since I was not getting promoted due to company's internal politics so had to switch to achieve more in life and carrier.
Independent but fun
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2014
I was always on the road, between 6 to 10 hours a day, delivering parcels. I learned how to manage my time better and how to plan breaks and lunches and when to sacrifice them. I learned when to tell my employer too much freight is an issue and how to manage weather and traffic.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with long drives in between cities in nasty weather. I had to learn to dress for the occasion and plan detours a lot of the time.

The most enjoyable part was how I get to spend so much time alone. Listen to my own music, reflect on the day. It is nice to work and be able to do it on your own sometimes.
Pros
Independence, wage, co-workers
Cons
Long hours (10 -12 hr shifts)
Great work place and fun environment and awsome co-workers
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2013
I really had hard time to decide to leave my company as the work environment is friendly and we organized many fun event during all the year. I will be missing all my co-workers with whom I had very special relationship and specially my Ops Director with whom I really enjoyed working with during all the last 5 years.
My job was stressful, I was reponsible of all purchasing, negociations, bid evaluation, as well as the financial reports...)
The hardest part was that I had to work every Sundays to submit all my weekly and monthly reporting on a timely manner.
Pros
friendly work environment fun work place
Cons
working on sunday
Great pleace to work. Competitive wages and great Management team
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2013
Hours were typically Monday to Friday 8:00-4:30 with optional overtime.
I learned all functions of working in the warehouse through the cross training offered. I even received my Forklift license all paid by the company.
Co-Workers were easy to deal with and were easy to work with.
The job was very enjoyable and I learned alot really quickly thats why i was promoted to Supervisor after only a year of being with the company.
Pros
Competitive wages and flexable shifts
Cons
Contract with Vendor was short
great environment to work in very friendly
organized routes, delivery, driver (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC5 July 2012
everyday going to work, was a new route, new people to meet and make them happy. You learn how to be more organized, efficient and well coordinated. Going in to work meeting with your co-worker with a smile and great environment. Hardest part is must be very quick know what you need, choosing the quickest route in a short time.
everyday going to work delivering packages to happy costumers is the best thing
At DHL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2014
DHL taught me how crucial professionalism in customer service reflects on a company. I was fortunate to be in a position that allowed me to communicate to people from all positions from cashiers to executive members. It grounded me to the person that I am today who enjoys working with people. It also enhanced my skills exceedingly.
team work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  saskatoon, Saskatchewan5 May 2014
Work was fast pace. Time management was very important. As it was a lot of team work it was wise to be good to the fellow employees to gain their trust and support for tasks.
Pros
lead hand was partial towards old employees and did not take time to teach new employees
Cons
new employees had to learn everything by him/herself.short breaks
Fast Paced Work Experience
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2014
My role as a customer service adviser was a good experience. I learned a lot about cordially answering the phone, also learning how to empathize with customers.

The hardest part about my job would have to be learning the right type of procedures will handling the calls.
Pros
full times hours
Cons
Stress