DHL Employee Reviews

Working at DHL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2018
I believe that DHL is an amazing company. They treat their employees amazing and they make sure that everyone is heard and you feel comfortable. Although some of the clients on the phone can be incredibly annoying, the overall work experience is a good one.
Shipping freight domestically and internationally
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2018
- Answering customer calls, tracing lost packages.
- Hardest part of the job, relaying bad news to customers.
- Most enjoyable, assisting customers will requests. Made everyday different.
Good company
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2018
Learned how to deal with customers for a strong shipping company. people were fun to work with. Customers were tough but can be very nice once in a while
great company
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this company and learned a great deal.

My knowledge for the shipping industry was amazing and I did gain a vast amount of knowledge
Operations are questionable.
Packer/Locater (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2017
They have been bought out by Bass Pro Shop. The system is incapable of handling the volume. The operation is severely flawed. As I am on contract, I have nothing to say about job security.
Pros
Most people are professional and helpful
Cons
Everybody wants to play boss. Management is questionable.
Fun, flexible and dynamic
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Gemeente Heemskerk30 November 2017
Working at DHL is fun if you don't want to be tied down in an office. You just drive around and deliver packages and meet a lot of people. But if all the packages you deliver aren't of any weight, you won't be earning that much.
Pros
flexible and dynamic
Cons
low salary
Fast passed job
Leadhand/warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 November 2017
fast passed job with a relatively heavy work load. Shift work which includes night shift and weekends. Lots of computer work and forklift/order picking. Must be able to lift at least 50 lb. Mostly indoor work in a comfortable environment.
great job i miss working there.
Warehouse/marker-sorter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2017
I worked for loomis/dhl for over 12 year. I was good at my job. I should never have left. I would recommend anyone to apply for employment there. Great place to work.
Pros
great job. great pay. good benefits.
Cons
sometimes it's cold unloading trailers
it’s very professional and a very fun place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2017
It is a very professional place and it’s a fun work place. It takes a lot of skills to work because it is very fast and it is heavy. I had to stop working for DHL because it is a 9AM -6PM job and i am in school from 8:15AM - 2:15 PM
Pros
Lunch at Any time as long as you get the job done
Cons
Long but flexible hours
Huge organization.
Trade Lane Manager France (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC2 November 2017
Successful organization that is now run by share holders that are only looking at revenue figures and are not considering the employees. Size of companies does have an impact in our business. unfortunately what was an asset in the past is not nowadays. Market/mentality have change.
Great company
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 October 2017
One big happy family. They do a lot of activity and employee engagement events and lots of gifts. Days could be long and challenging but they are rewarding. Lots of room to grow
Productive & efficient work environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region23 October 2017
I am very flexible in terms of schedule. I'm very willing to extend my time if required by the situations. I learned a lot to be flexible in all level of personality, different work environment, different demands of work attitude & principles. I learned to be fair in all judgement & be helpful to share your knowledge to improve the skills of your staff. I have learned to adapt the work environment & culture swiftly. Any workplace there is always a hard & good times. That's always a great challenge but when you able to train, coach, & nurture your people nothing impossible that you will surpassed every problem & issues.
Pros
Free meal
Really good inviorment
Warehouse Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 October 2017
Doing delivers and dealing with coustomers day to day. Working out side in harsh weather and working with differnt wight variables. Worked 1w hours a day.
job is good just have an issue on salary
Casepicker (Former Employee) –  philippines4 October 2017
the job is more great.. workplace is fun.. lots of lifting heavy load required .. it is a team effort kind of work.. with the help of team leaders and supervisor we always hit the target transactions to be loaded in every shift. its just the salary is not that high so all we can do is to ask for overtime
Pros
free meal when hit target
great place to work
Payroll Coordinator/Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2017
DHL/Loomis was a great place to work until it was bought out. We were all like family and took great pride in the work that we did, from the lowest clerk to management
Pros
fast paced, interesting
Cons
stressful
pretty ordinary
Warehouse lead hand (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2017
working for DHL was a pretty ordinary kind of job, show up and do ur shift and go home with a pay cheque. Not the biggest pay outs but enough to supplement my primary full time job as a carpenter.
Fast paced workplace
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 September 2017
It takes a while for one to get acquainted with the task before he can appreciate it. Operating a clamp with various products needs a lot of training before one can get used to it, because every product requires a different clamping technique. Once you get used to it, you will start to enjoy the work, however you have to be safe and quick at the same time.
Pros
Free Lunches on occasions
Cons
The products are delicate. It needs special treatment.
Great place.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 September 2017
DHL was great in the sense that you could set up your delivery run the way you best seen fit. The only bad thing was when they combined runs a few people lost there jobs and had to to take a wedge decrease. But all in all was a great inviroment and awesome people to work with.
multi cultural mosaic
Warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 August 2017
good to have different people from different countries. Learned how to do ticketing & labeling properly. management is very good.during the lunch time having fun.
Productive and fun to work.
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
This company is a good place to work. You can learn more things about the company. The operation manager are good for everybody.
In this company you can get training for other departments whenever you are willing for the cross training.
Pros
Free barbeque for all the staffs every three months
Cons
sometimes long hours for work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

53K