DHL Employee Reviews

great job i miss working there.
Warehouse/marker-sorter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2017
I worked for loomis/dhl for over 12 year. I was good at my job. I should never have left. I would recommend anyone to apply for employment there. Great place to work.
Pros
great job. great pay. good benefits.
Cons
sometimes it's cold unloading trailers
it’s very professional and a very fun place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2017
It is a very professional place and it’s a fun work place. It takes a lot of skills to work because it is very fast and it is heavy. I had to stop working for DHL because it is a 9AM -6PM job and i am in school from 8:15AM - 2:15 PM
Pros
Lunch at Any time as long as you get the job done
Cons
Long but flexible hours
Huge organization.
Trade Lane Manager France (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC2 November 2017
Successful organization that is now run by share holders that are only looking at revenue figures and are not considering the employees. Size of companies does have an impact in our business. unfortunately what was an asset in the past is not nowadays. Market/mentality have change.
Great company
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 October 2017
One big happy family. They do a lot of activity and employee engagement events and lots of gifts. Days could be long and challenging but they are rewarding. Lots of room to grow
Productive & efficient work environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region23 October 2017
I am very flexible in terms of schedule. I'm very willing to extend my time if required by the situations. I learned a lot to be flexible in all level of personality, different work environment, different demands of work attitude & principles. I learned to be fair in all judgement & be helpful to share your knowledge to improve the skills of your staff. I have learned to adapt the work environment & culture swiftly. Any workplace there is always a hard & good times. That's always a great challenge but when you able to train, coach, & nurture your people nothing impossible that you will surpassed every problem & issues.
Pros
Free meal
Really good inviorment
Warehouse Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 October 2017
Doing delivers and dealing with coustomers day to day. Working out side in harsh weather and working with differnt wight variables. Worked 1w hours a day.
job is good just have an issue on salary
Casepicker (Former Employee) –  philippines4 October 2017
the job is more great.. workplace is fun.. lots of lifting heavy load required .. it is a team effort kind of work.. with the help of team leaders and supervisor we always hit the target transactions to be loaded in every shift. its just the salary is not that high so all we can do is to ask for overtime
Pros
free meal when hit target
great place to work
Payroll Coordinator/Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2017
DHL/Loomis was a great place to work until it was bought out. We were all like family and took great pride in the work that we did, from the lowest clerk to management
Pros
fast paced, interesting
Cons
stressful
pretty ordinary
Warehouse lead hand (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2017
working for DHL was a pretty ordinary kind of job, show up and do ur shift and go home with a pay cheque. Not the biggest pay outs but enough to supplement my primary full time job as a carpenter.
Fast paced workplace
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 September 2017
It takes a while for one to get acquainted with the task before he can appreciate it. Operating a clamp with various products needs a lot of training before one can get used to it, because every product requires a different clamping technique. Once you get used to it, you will start to enjoy the work, however you have to be safe and quick at the same time.
Pros
Free Lunches on occasions
Cons
The products are delicate. It needs special treatment.
Great place.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 September 2017
DHL was great in the sense that you could set up your delivery run the way you best seen fit. The only bad thing was when they combined runs a few people lost there jobs and had to to take a wedge decrease. But all in all was a great inviroment and awesome people to work with.
multi cultural mosaic
Warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 August 2017
good to have different people from different countries. Learned how to do ticketing & labeling properly. management is very good.during the lunch time having fun.
Productive and fun to work.
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
This company is a good place to work. You can learn more things about the company. The operation manager are good for everybody.
In this company you can get training for other departments whenever you are willing for the cross training.
Pros
Free barbeque for all the staffs every three months
Cons
sometimes long hours for work
Fun place to work but senior management does favouritism
Inventory Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 August 2017
Too much stress at work due to nosy nature of senior management and not giving your space to work and explore. Very less growth opportunities and too much favouritism with very less job security
Fun Working space
Casual Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 August 2017
The work place is amazing, i would stay there and all my life, but since i have a better paying job, i work there as a casual. a day at work is clock in at your start time, sort mail, pack mail, clean mail, clean the warehouse and always having a good time there.
Pros
Everyone is Cool
Cons
Less hours
Overall one of the best places I worked for
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2017
I absolutely loved working here. The management and corporate culture were fantastic in how they encouraged people to be a team, help each other and truly satisfy the customer. I highly recommend.
I was only a student trainne
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2017
• Working hard to meet all weekly targets set by supervisors
• Ensuring packaging and dispatch of stock was conducted on time
• Keeping and maintaining accurate stock records
• Assisting with monthly stock taking
Pros
Everything was good. it was a part time job.
productive all the time no time for breaks
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
Start early in the morning and check waybills manifest and error shipments and shipments not delivered,communicating with drivers and customers on their shipments.Very little support from management,when you make a mistake that's when management showed up
Pros
very little time to breath
Cons
long hours not rewarded
Perfect enviroment to develop skillsets
Operations supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2017
Awesome place to work for. Centric culture allows you to develop and grow within the company
They develop people from within
1. Growth: We give our employees a diverse range of opportunities to develop professionally and personally.

2. Impact: We empower our employees to contribute their ideas and skills and influence the success of the company.

3. Pride: We give our employees the opportunity to be a part of an organization that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.
great work place
Lead hand for unload sort (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 July 2017
-punch in punch out
-various packing methods,D.G. mail sorting, interact with co-workers, clients, and employer
-management like the army
-fun family work culture
-mannual labour
-pay is great
Pros
great benifits
Cons
hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.