DHL Global Forwarding

DHL Global Forwarding Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive workplace
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), BeijingJanuary 20, 2014
My daily work were preparing and archiving accounting vouchers to record the company’s business operations, and checking receipts of the company’s purchases and made copies of them in order to fill the original accounting vouchers. It was a warm workplace,and everyone was kind to me. For me, it was an unforgettable internship, as I learned how to use – more... my accounting knowledge in my real work. – less
Too process driven
Regional Human Resources Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Does not always treat employees with respect. Very process driven that does not always serve the business well.
Great place to work. Steady work was available
Customs Release Clerk (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 3, 2013
Pros: steady work till it shut down.
Cons: none i like doing interacting with people and fixing their problems.
Friendly and fun company to work for. They always gave rewards for job well done. You could obtain extra hours if you wanted overtime.
Steady work. Overtime available Company closed down and moved right out of the city of Sarnia.
Decent
C.C.S. Border Release Clerk (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 5, 2013
This is a decent company to work for. There's a few bad eggs that need to be sorted out, but the management has been doing so since my departure. Overall their pay is fair for the job you are doing.
Enjoyed working there
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: management
Always got my work done. The Co-workers we oh k to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job was vacation.
DHL is a great place to work nice coworkers and managment
Agent, Airfreight/Customer Service/Packing (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2014
Working for DHL is a good job but I had to move up the latter that's why i moved on.
Horrible Company
Control Tower (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 3, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: pay, management, hours, benefits, atmosphere (it's always freezing in there)
The management does not have a clue, the pay is low (unless you consider $12 an hour high) and the shifts are all hours. DON'T EVER EXPECT TO GET A RAISE.
Interesting field
Custom Broker Entry Writer (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: change is constant
Interesting field to learn new things. Great benefits and people to work with...............................................................................
Disorganized Corporation
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILMarch 17, 2014
Pros: 8 hour shifts including 3 breaks
Cons: disfunctional
I worked there as a temp for a temp to hire position and was told on 3 separate occasions I would be hired on. After 10 months I found permanent employment elsewhere. At the time I worked for DGF they were splitting their operations and brokerage departments, but it was very disorganized.
Ensure daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished (i.e. staffing, equipment, space). Accountable for the planning
Logistic Analyst Planner/WHSE Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 9, 2014
Responsibilities of 160,410.12 SQF square feet of warehouse operation with 62 Dock Doors ,Supervise 72 warehouse agents in different departments; Air Import/Export Gateway, Ocean,and Domestic Freight . Working with all agents to ensure that customer needs are met in a timely manner.

Provide customized logistics in the areas of supply chain management, – more... warehousing, distribution value added services, and lead logistics.
Maximise the performance of the Operation by directing daily, weekly and monthly activities in the operation with customer expectations and forecasts whilst maintaining budgetary control; providing leadership, motivation, training and development of the workforce "making DHL a great place to work". – less
The people at DHL are a great bunch of people to work with.
VP Customer Solutions OFR (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: stable, strong company.
Cons: very bureaucratic organization.
Since the company is going through an organizational and technological transformation, the typical day consisted of managing "change". My co-workers have endured so much change over the last few years but yet still maintained their focus to get the job done and take care of the customer. The hardest part of the job was trying to take care of current – more... business with existing tools but no funding to accommodate the needed changes while preparing for the new system and organization that was being implemented. The greatest part of the job was all of the places I've been around the world and the great people I've met. – less
nice place to work on it with a nice cafeteria but there is no applicable job description followed in the right way
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cairo, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Receiving mails & replying on it is my first thing in the morning.
I learned a lot from the e-learning program in all professional & personal catagories.
the management is not very well organised.
MULTINATIONAL ATMOSPHERE
Custom Clearance Coordinator (Former Employee), ISLAMABAD , PAKISTANFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: excellent work place
Cons: lack of communication with lower staff
I CAN ONLY SAY THAT I START MY CAREER WITH DHL AND DHL MAKE MY CAREER BRIGHT.
a great place to work and great contact people
air impoorts (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: half lunch
Cons: health care
every thing from bottom the top and people that I used to work are nice and good and I did enjoy it
Nice staff
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Irving, TexasJanuary 18, 2014
Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel at every moment of the day. Tracking and tracing shipments.
Energetic, productive work environment, very high paced.
Ocean Exports Agent (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 13, 2014
Company pays well below industry average, but the people are amazing!
Proactive and carrier evolution
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee), Hayes, UKDecember 12, 2013
Good company with lots of carrier evolution potentiel.
It is a Customer oriented company with massive cargo volumes.
Lost of diversity in shipment types and so full of challenges.
DHL welcomes hard workers and support them to grow in the company.
Productive place of employment
Import / Export Logistics Lead / Dell Operations (Current Employee), College Park, GADecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work includes shipping and receiving shipments. Overseeing transportation of shipments from cargo airport. I supervised a total of seven people and we operate in all areas of the warehouse.
Challenging and interesting job environment
Global Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Bonn, GermanyNovember 26, 2013
My current job is very challenging as I have to handle mutliple projects at the same time while sticking to tight deadlines set by our external customers. Besides that I have to coordinate many processes with internal customers. This combination makes it very interesting to work in this field of supply chain management.
My team is very open minded and – more... helps me a lot getting comfortable in this position.
In a very short time frame I have learned a lot about operational and commercial processes within DHL Global Forwarding, Freight. – less
global company
CONTROL TOWER SPECIALIST (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 23, 2013
Training and develop in the company.
Support from the stuff and scalation when it is necesary
Humanity

1 2 3 4 5

About DHL Global Forwarding

DHL Global Forwarding can arrange to keep cargo rolling through the land, sailing over the sea, or flying in the air. The company – Read more