National Money Mart is seeking a Senior Developer/Systems Analyst to be based in their Victoria, BC location. The Senior Developer / Systems Analyst serves as primary contact for any questions related to how the system works from both a business and technical perspective. The analyst partners with business liaisons to translate software requirements into technical specifications and partners with software developers and QA analysts to develop logical technical processes. The analyst also performs basic cost-benefit calculations, interdependency analysis, and prioritization exercises related to systems changes.
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for designing and developing web services based desktop client applications by using requirements analysis and design techniques. The Senior Developer will write code according to the design specifications. Additionally, the senior software developer partners with chief infrastructure and architectural heads to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. Agile and Waterfall)
- Experience with translating business requirements into system functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience with business and system process flow techniques using UML (e.g. Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Layer Diagrams)
- Able to write software code in a Desktop Client and Web Services environment using the following:
Software Languages: C# .Net, XML, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows
Server Types: Windows Server
Relational Databases: SQL Server 2008
WCF Web Services
WPF User Interfaces (XAML)
- In-depth understanding of iterative software development methodologies
- Proficient with object-oriented programming languages
- Modeling Techniques: Object Orientation analysis, UML (e.g. Use Cases, Activity Diagrams)
- Demonstrated experience writing software requirement specifications and test specifications
- Experience generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent experience
Number of Years’ Experience
5-10+ Years relevant experience
DFG offers several fishing-related programs designed to help people enjoy one of the nation's most popular outdoor sports.