The Public Relations / Community Manager is responsible for written communications including web content, press releases, article and other written publications as needed as well as assisting with communication to all media outlets (print, broadcast, web, etc.) and management of written content and content for social media. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the coordination and management of special events with a supporting team assigned for events related projects.
- Writes for Agency and Clients as required.
- Coordinates events with Clients as required.
- Liases with media outlets to disseminate Agency/Client messaging
- Develop a target media list for each outreach
- Assists with the development of strategic and tactical public affairs plans, including crisis plans.
Directs a communication program that wins the support of opinion leaders (legislative, media, public )
- Weaves appropriate, consistent and strategically relevant messages into media conversations/interviews.
- Serves as a resource for Agency Clients to the media.
- Assists with creating and keeping an in depth mainstream and multicultural media list each area to maximize local coverage and creating relationships with members of the local media.
- Develops press releases including aspects of researching, writing and distribution and gets all required approvals per client policies and ensures distribution to the media in a timely manner with continuous follow up.
- Assists and implements all Agency related communications
- Monitors wires and local media activities and provide updates and clippings to clients
- Writes, Reviews, submits for approval, and revises written material to meet personal standards and satisfy needs of the hospitals.
- Conducts research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, utilizing credible resources.
- Responsible, along with the Writer/Web Design and Content Specialist for Social Media - -Management and for assisting to organize and implement social media plans in conjunction with client policies
- Monitors, maintains and develops on-line PR and marketing initiatives for existing web pages and future web development.
- Develops and implements social media strategies.
- Creating templates of approved website layout.
- BA in business or marketing, English, a deep contact list within the industry, creative thinking
- Requires at least 3 to 5 years of PR experience
- Demonstrated competency with word processing/Microsoft Word, Outlook and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of media, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Has to have excellent insight when it comes to digital marketing
- Energetic, driven and reliable people only need apply
Good luck to all applicants!