DDB Property Management Limited is a well-established and reputable company with proven stability and success in the City of Vaughan. We are looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join our growing team for their commercial, industrial and retail portfolio. This position is a newly created position due to the business demands of our growing portfolio.
We are looking for an ambitious hard working individual that wants to grow in his/her career. The successful applicant will report directly to the Property Manager. The primary function of the position is to assist in overseeing the day to day operation of our portfolio consisting of industrial, retail and commercial properties.
- To assist the Property Manager in the collection of monthly rents, delivery of letters and posting of any notices.
- To be able to travel to a number of properties to regularly conduct site inspections, arrange and oversee all repairs and general maintenance issues related to the properties.
- To ensure that any contractors assigned to undertake specific landscaping, snow removal and any other maintenance repairs are on the property at their assigned time and date and executing their responsibilities as required.
- To conduct weekly testing of emergency fire pumps and diesel/gas generators.
- To ensure the highest standards as it pertains to sanitation, safety and aesthetics.
- To present themselves in a professional manner along with strong communication skills, positive attitude, good problem solving skills and valid drivers license required. Applicant should have their own tools.
- To plan, schedule and execute a preventative maintenance schedule for all assigned properties.
- To be available 24 hours a day in the event of an emergency.
- Other administrative and technical duties as required.
General Skills and Requirements:
- Good understanding and experience in construction and maintenance.
- Ability to read and comprehend building drawings would be a plus.
- Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical systems would be a plus.
- Valid Ontario drivers license is a must. A vehicle will be provided by DDB.
- Good set of tools would be a plus.
- A cellular phone will be provided by DDB.
- Good administrative and computer skills would be a plus.
- Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience and skills.