DCM Inc. is a construction management company managing the execution of a conglomerate of affiliated construction contractors. We are currently executing several major projects, and are continuing to expand our presence throughout Canada.
We are looking for skilled and dynamic employees to help us build a variety of competencies.
Functions and duties:
- Recruitment and selection of new employees
- Develop and execute recruiting plans
- Prepare and post job advertisements for required trades positions.
- Sort and screen resumes and applications; assess potential candidates; perform reference checks; verify trade certification, confirm pre-employment drug testing results and act as a point of contact for new hires.
- Ensure the recruitment process and procedures are being consistently followed.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of recruitment strategies determined by team (career fairs, web campaigns, etc.).
- Upload resumes and profiles into the Applicant Tracking System and attach them to approved requisitions.
- Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping.
- Maintain employee records and resume databases
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of demand.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- 1-2 years recruitment and customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- High School Diploma; equivalency considered
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience would be considered an asset
- Human resources certification is an asset
Skills and Particularities:
- Strong sense of initiative and self –motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic and team-oriented
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Ability to produce quality work with very little guidance
- Close attention to detail and can work well under pressure and with other departments across the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on accuracy