DCM Inc. is a construction management company managing the execution of a conglomerate of affiliated construction contractors. We are currently executing several major projects, and are continuing to expand our presence throughout Canada.
We are looking for skilled and dynamic employees to help us build a variety of competencies.
The Pipefitter will be responsible for the installation and repair of low/high pressure piping systems and their components. Through the use of blueprints and project specifications, the Pipefitter will construct and repair piping systems that carry water, steam chemicals and fuel. Other responsibilities will include the testing of systems once they are in place, troubleshooting and ensuring their ongoing functionality.
Functions and duties:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Select type and size of pipe required
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
- Involved in working with power tools and heavy equipment
Skills and Particularities:
- Pipeline experience a must
- Completion of formal Apprenticeship Program.
- Steamfitter – Pipefitter Red Seal Certificate preferred.
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others.
- Perform heavy maintenance work involving climbing, rigging, and exposure to high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems in accordance with all company safety procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrate practical problem solving ability. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Full time, Temporary
- 20 days on, 8 days off shift rotation
- Ability to lift and carry objects alone or as a team.
- Required to use power and hand tools to complete work.
- Frequently noisy working environment.
- Overtime as required.
- Accommodation and flights provided