DAVIDsTEA is looking for a Regional Operations Director
DAVIDsTEA (www.davidstea.com) is a North American company headquartered in Montreal and Boston, and growing like crazy. In less than five years, we’ve opened over 120 stores coast to coast, with plenty more to come. We’re best known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, modern design and, of course, our huge collection of world-class, exclusive teas and related products.
The objectives of this position are:
We are looking for a dynamic and fun individual who will be responsible for leading the sales growth, performance metrics, customer service standards and team member development for our Western Region. We expect the individual to be a motivating leader, with strong business acumen and a creative approach to people and business development. As a member of the senior leadership team, and reporting into the COO, this individual will manage 6-8 District Managers and ultimately be responsible for the success of over 50 stores.
- Promote and embody the company mission, vision and values, ensuring all team members in the region are committed to making tea fun and accessible to all.
- Direct all store operations within the region.
- Establish strategies to drive sales and improve productivity and efficiency in the management of labor and inventory.
- Create and oversee the region’s operations budget to meet company targets.
- Ensure store compliance with all policies and procedures and flawless execution of company programs and standards.
- Instill high levels of service and energy in stores where Tea Guides engage, guide and sell to our customers.
- Recommend sales strategies and community outreach initiatives based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Recruit, motivate and develop a team of District Managers.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of talent, at all levels of store operations, throughout the region.
- Oversee delivery and execution of core training and development plans for field.
- Provide ongoing coaching, direction and leadership to team.
- Ensure DAVIDsTEA is a fun and rewarding place to work.
- 7-10 years progressive experience managing in multi-unit retail or service organizations.
- Strong business acumen with skills in financial analysis and managing profit and loss.
- Marketing or market development experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Sales and service systems development and deployment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision making abilities.
- Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative and works well in a team environment.
Thank you for your interest in joining the fun, exciting team at DAVIDsTEA . We will get in touch if you've been selected for an interview. If you aren't contacted this time around, be sure to check out our Careers page at www.davidstea.com -- we update it all the time with new openings. We are growing fast, and new opportunities are always popping up!
DAVIDsTEA is a North American company with headquarters in Montreal, Canada. In less than seven years, we’ve opened over 190 stores coast to...