DAVIDsTEA is looking for a Merchandise Planner
We’re a North American company headquartered in Montreal and Boston. After opening our first location on Toronto’s Queen Street in 2008, we grew to over 100 stores in under 5 years – not to mention a flourishing online business. Our company is made up of enthusiastic and passionate employees who strive to create an atmosphere that promotes creativity and entrepreneurial thinking.
About the role: Reporting to the Director of Analytics, Planning and Allocation, the Merchandise Planner will be responsible for developing monthly department and style plans that are in line with financial goals, forecasting performance, completing performance analysis and ensuring appropriate store inventory levels.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing appropriate sales, margins and inventory plans for assigned categories, in conjunction with the Buyers
- Updating and re-forecasting the business based on sales trends
- Preparing actionable reports and analysis
- Collaborating with the Buying department to develop and communicate product strategies
- Collaborating with the Buying and the Visual Merchandising departments on the development of presentation plans
- Providing allocation guidance and direction to ensure store inventory levels that support the overall merchandise plan
- 5-8 years of experience in retail merchandise planning and allocation
- Experience with merchandising, planning, allocation and replenishment systems (AX, JDA, Oracle, Just Enough, MMS)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in EXCEL
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work beyond standard office hours, when required