A well known and respected boutique law firm located in mid-town Toronto is looking to add to their office team.
They are currently seeking a legal assistant/law clerk with at least five years' experience in a litigation law firm environment—although litigation specializing in estates and elder law litigation would be fabulous!
Supporting a litigation team in providing litigation, mediation and dispute resolution of estate, trust, and capacity matters.
The successful candidate will handle a wide variety of law clerk duties and senior legal assistant duties including: taking a pro-active role in organizing and maintaining comprehensive legal files, drafting correspondence, assisting in the preparation of legal documentation; assisting with record-keeping, time-management and other issues related to the on-going administration of legal files and dealing with complex and sensitive issues.
Qualified applicants will have:
- a certificate or diploma from a recognized legal assistant or law clerk program;
- five + years of direct, practical experience and current knowledge of legal process and procedures;
- expert knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure as they relate to estate litigation;
- good time-management and organization skills;
- excellent communication skills—both written and oral;
- good interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction within a law firm environment;
- strong computer skills including Adobe and MS Office: Word, Outlook and Excel;
- PCLaw experience would be great.
- familiarity with estate litigation procedures; and
- the ability to carry out law firm practices and procedures.
This position requires a candidate with the ability to work well in a busy, multi-tasking practice; someone who is a self-starter with a keen attention to detail and the ability to hold matters in strict confidence.
For more information about the firm and the position or to apply for this position, please e-mail cover letter and resume in confidence.