D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it takes to ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special.
D-Wave is working to radically change what it is possible to do with computers. Our mission is to integrate new discoveries in physics and computer science into new breakthrough approaches to computation. We are committed to commercializing quantum computers. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave Two, is built around a novel type of superconducting quantum processor. D-Wave Two systems are currently in use by on-line customers and by customers in the field such as NASA & Google.
D-Wave is looking for a part-time contract 2D graphic artist/animator to create assets for a multi-browser game showcasing the D-Wave quantum computer. The Artist will work closely with the CTO group to develop initial concept art through to final in-game assets. The incumbent will apply their knowledge in the areas of 2D art and game design to create a visually dynamic and compelling game powered by the quantum system. Our ideal candidate has direct experience working on browser-based games.
- Create concept art and in-game assets, as well as graphics for the promotion of the game.
- Ability to carry through designs from concept to production.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Creative thinker who can contribute and comment on the design process as well as aid parts of production.
- Proficiency using Adobe Photoshop or equivalent 2D paint program
- Understanding of form, creation (low-poly modeling and texturing), and be well-versed in related tools: Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Outstanding graphic design skills.
- Be willing to periodically work onsite at D-Wave.
- Working knowledge of 3D programs a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.