Operations Lead, Processor Development
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it takes to ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special.
D-Wave is working to radically change what it is possible to do with computers. Our mission is to integrate new discoveries in physics and computer science into new breakthrough approaches to computation. We are committed to commercializing quantum computers. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave Two, is built around a novel type of superconducting quantum processor. D-Wave Two systems are currently in use by on-line customers and by customers in the field such as NASA & Google.
The Operations Lead will play a key role within D-Wave’s processor development group, overseeing the production and commercialization aspects of our core technology – the world’s first quantum information processor. Responsibilities and oversight comprise:
- Management of the infrastructure and hardware projects that fall within the purview of the processor group
- Provide and track the full life-cycle management of the processor system software including prototype, maturation, test and product release
- High-level tracking and management of software and hardware products
- Maintaining quantum processor product inventory against corporate targets
- Facilitating communication of requirements and activities with the engineering team
- Supporting overall project management and processor operations for major processor development projects, including resource coordination and budgeting
- Facilitating communication with the fabrication team including oversight of deliverables and schedule
- BSc or BASc degree or equivalent experience with specialization in physics, or mechanical or systems engineering, or practical equivalent background
- 5 years of R&D project leadership and project management experience
- 5 years of professional software development experience including software design, code and test, maintenance, and support
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing project requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable making high level decisions with significant impact/consequences
- Able to delegate effectively
- Able to foster and support a positive, creative, and innovative work environment
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary and complex projects
- Preference given to candidates with CMP or equivalent management training
- Previous experience programming device drivers and interfacing to electronics
- Experience with software development in LISP and Matlab an asset
- Experience with development of embedded software and hardware systems
- Experience with the MS Project and Office Suite or equivalent
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it...