D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who are willing help ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. Our mission is to integrate new discoveries in physics and computer science into new breakthrough approaches to computation. Through this journey we have generated a strong patent portfolio, including 105 granted US patents. This portfolio helps protect our leadership position in commercial quantum computing. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave Two system, is built around a novel superconducting quantum processor. D-Wave Two systems are currently in use by on-line customers and by customers in the field.
The main objective of the D-Wave IT team is to provide top notch support service to all D-Wave employees. The Linux Support Specialist provides first level IT support to both office based and remote employees.
- Providing excellent and timely end user IT support, both locally and remotely, primarily to Linux users
- Perform hands-on fixes at the machine level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Telephone troubleshooting and maintenance.
- New employee IT orientation and training in person and over the phone.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships as required.
- Perform special projects/duties as needed.
- Experience supporting enterprise Linux systems such as RHEL, Fedora, and UBUNTU LTS
- 2-4 years’ experience in a technical support capacity.
- A relevant diploma and/or certification or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with the TCP/IP network stack on Linux.
- Experience with Samba, NFS, Fuse and other Linux based file sharing systems
- Experience with Linux based backup and recovery systems such as Bacula, Rsync
- Experience with Linux based log management systems such as syslog
- Experience with server based bare metal machine deployment (PXE, etc.)
- Familiar with supporting windows and OSX systems
- Strong customer service skills with excellent communication (verbal and written)
- An eagerness to learn and ability to seek out answers and escalate when necessary.
- The flexibility to occasionally work evening and weekend hours when required.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.
Indeed - 15 months ago
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it...