End User Support Specialist
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who are willing help ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. Our mission is to integrate new discoveries in physics and computer science into new breakthrough approaches to computation. Through this journey we have generated a strong patent portfolio, including 105 granted US patents. This portfolio helps protect our leadership position in commercial quantum computing. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave Two system, is built around a novel superconducting quantum processor. D-Wave Two systems are currently in use by on-line customers and by customers in the field.
The main objective of the D-Wave IT team is to provide top notch support service to all D-Wave employees. The end user support specialist provides first level IT support to both office based and remote employees.
- Providing excellent and timely end user IT support, both locally and remotely.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the machine level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- IP phone and cell phone troubleshooting and maintenance.
- New employee IT orientation and training in person and over the phone.
- Perform special projects/duties as needed.
- A relevant diploma and/or certification or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting enterprise Linux systems such as RHEL, Fedora, and UBUNTU as well as Microsoft Windows based operating systems
- 2-4 years’ experience in a technical support capacity.
- OSX and i0S operating system support desired.
- Experience with IT trouble ticketing systems such as JIRA or Remedy.
- Strong customer service skills with excellent communication (verbal and written).
- An eagerness to learn and ability to seek out answers and escalate when necessary.
- The flexibility to occasionally work evening and weekend hours when required.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
Interested applicants should apply directly on our website at http://www.dwavesys.com/careers Your resume will be kept on file for future opportunities if not selected.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.