Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it takes to ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special.
D-Wave is working to radically change what it is possible to do with computers. Our mission is to integrate new discoveries in physics and computer science into new breakthrough approaches to computation. We are committed to commercializing quantum computers. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave Two, is built around a novel type of superconducting quantum processor. D-Wave Two systems are currently in use by on-line customers and by customers in the field such as NASA & Google.
The new Director of FP&A will be responsible for all aspects of financial planning for the organization. He/she is responsible for the timely delivery of accurate financial plans and reports.
- Work with CFO and VP Finance on forecasting, budgeting, and cost management
- Compare actual results to budget and prior year and provide commentary on variances.
- Develops, interprets, and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Creates and improves detailed financial models to determine present and future financial performance.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Performs and facilitates the Annual Budget Process as well as monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Coordinating financial planning processes including annual and mid-year budgets and monthly forecasts
- Preparing, consolidating and reviewing monthly financial reports for revenue, margin and cash flows including analysis of variances and trends
- Monitoring financial status of key programs including revenue, billings, costs to complete and net asset positions
- Liaising with business operational management to assess financial metrics, reporting needs, and requirements
- Providing ad hoc reports and financial analyses for management
- Assisting with special projects as required
- 6+ years’ progressive FP&A experience within the technology sector, with at least 4 years in a leadership capacity.
- A degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, and/or an MBA, coupled with an accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, and/or CFA)
- Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, evolving, high-growth, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Expert level knowledge of financial modeling.
- Experience working within businesses that operate within Canada, US, Europe, and Asia is a great asset.
- Previous hands-on exposure to Salesforce, NetSuite, or other cloud-based systems is an asset.
- Proven track record of effectively working independently as well as collaboratively within a group and across functional departments.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision and delivery to deadline.
- Experience with a public company would be an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- A focus on customer service and a passion for accuracy.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard