We are looking for an experienced Hardware / FPGA Engineer to join our engineering team. The position is located in Ottawa, ON.
D-TA Systems provides network attached advanced sensor interface and processing solutions for a variety of demanding applications like Radar, Radio, Signal Intelligence, Sonar, etc. The position is an extremely challenging one and would allow the candidate to work on high speed ADC & DAC, latest FPGA technology implementing a diverse range of functionality: high speed data management, DSP, 10GbE network, high speed transceivers etc.
More information about us can be found at: www.d-ta.com
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
B.S., B.Eng or equivalent in Electrical Engineering with relevant FPGA and digital hardware design experience.
- Hardware design for complex products including high-speed (multi GHz) ADC, DAC, large FPGA, etc.
- Hands on FPGA design targeted at large FPGA devices
- VHDL design: DSP, Networking modules, data packing, Memory Controllers, high-speed transceivers etc.
- Testing & Debug of FPGA based products ensuring that the designed FPGA code works on the target board
- hands on debug of design.
- Taking ownership of specific products for start to finish
- Providing what-if answers to management
- Working with digital hardware engineer for product design
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Other relevant duties
Required experience & skills:
- Hands on high-speed hardware design including schematic capture and directing layout personnel
- Experience in low power, rugged, extended temperature design is an asset
- Hands on FPGA and digital hardware design experience (5+years)
- Experience with large FPGA devices (Xilinx Virtex 5 or Virtex 6 preferred) and implementing design that includes transceivers, memory controllers (QDR-II SRAM, DDR3, DDR2 etc), network interface chips (1/10 GbE), chipscope, etc.
- Experience with embedded micro controller in FPGA
- High speed FPGA design is absolutely essential
- Hands on hardware debugging skills with test equipment
- Excellent communications (written and oral) skills essential
- Innovative, inquisitive and independent thinking
- System testing experience including independent planning of test cases
- Hands on experience with relevant FPGA design, synthesis and simulation tool
- Some software experience (C / C++) especially test software
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Knowledge of high-speed ADC & DAC a plus
- Having gone through a product life-cycle a plus
- DSP knowledge and implementation of DSP algorithms in FPGA
- Analog Design
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Self starter and ability to learn new skills
- Customer support skills a plus
- Ability to take ownership of projects and multi-tasking
- Must be able to answer what ifs and have a positive can do attitude
- Must be eligible to work full time in Canada.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
D-TA Systems Inc. addresses the radio, radar, communications, sonar and test and measurement applications for the defense, aerospace and...