D+H Employee Reviews

Awful
Repayment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2016
Awful place to work for.. Abusive and uneducated management. They will have you work OT like there is no tomorrow and if not met, they will surely make it a lot harder for you to achieve your bonus. They have favoritism and they only work with people they are friends with.
Horrible place.
Account representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2015
I was working at Asset when they were purchased by D+H. Shortly afterwards the quality of the work atmosphere plummeted drastically.

Like many others have said on here, the management does have preferences to certain races.

The environment is toxic, the management is extremely abusive and they recently eliminated yearly raises in favor of an absurd commission structure.

I'll be working at paragon next week and won't ever look back.

Go ahead and join the company if you're desperate for a paycheck, but I wouldn't recommend working here long-term.
Pros
You'll get a lot of praise if you fit the prefered race and gender of management here.
Cons
Abusive management, no raises, little room for growth, terrible work-life balance.
Very bad place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 January 2016
Too much change. No direction. Poor advancement prospects. The company is trying to find it's way and just hasn't done so yet.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
A typical day at work
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 July 2015
D+H has a good employee culture where the atmosphere is somewhat airy and relaxed. There are always events that help celebrate events that occur (ie. Valentine's day candy grams, Para-olympics games week) and events that show that employees are appreciated for their service.

In many positions, the work hours are quite flexible and it's contains a good work-life balance for many who have families and children.
Pros
Employee appreciation days, flexible work hours, casual work days, employee events
Cons
Below market compensation; there is no proper direction from management
"Repayment Counselor"
"Repayment Counselor" (Former Employee) –  Mississauga6 May 2015
I worked here for roughly a year. If you are looking for a dead end job you found one. There is no room for advancement. There are agents that have been with the company for 10+ years doing the same job you will be doing on your first day. You will be hired by agency, then put on contract... THEN hired. You are looking at 1 - 1 1/2 years to get any benefits(If you make it that far). You get hired in classes of thirty, once you hit the floor you will see that class of 30 quickly fall to 5. 1 of you might make it in the end.

If you are not motivated, and want a redundant job that forces you to do the same thing over and over and OVER again for 8 hours. Its for you.
It's okay
Repayment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2015
Very good place for getting experience. Different departments are probably better than the call center. Good location. Good people environment.
great place to work
Inventory Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pickering, Ontario24 July 2015
loved my job and the folks I worked with, company very good place to work. Listened to employees and more importantly, followed through.
Pros
good management, pay and hours
Cons
industry is receding in area that I worked in so downsize occured
Productive and graceful working environment
Financial Accounting Officer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2014
New project on Data validation for analysis.
I have learn to think beyond criteria given.
Management encourage me for new creative idea.
Co-workers appreciate and give more opportunity to do creative things.
Trying to work for unknown expectations for new updates
Using creative ideas by applying finance as well as IT knowledge
Pros
n.a.
Cons
n.a.
Stay Away
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Saint John nb15 March 2013
Not many reviews from Saint John,NB so I thought I should warn people. A scanner operator makes minimum wage and is very degrading. Very repetitive as you are expected to scan an unlimited amount of coupons. You are expected to do this for hours on end very quickly. No matter how fast you get it is not fast enough. All this for minimum wage.
Pros
the day ends eventually
Cons
too many to list
Customer service
Repayment Counsellor (Current Employee) –  mississauga2 June 2015
Customer's satisfaction..
Good management
Good co-workers
Everyone is very helpful
Incentives are very good
Bonus is the motivation to work here
Pros
Incentives
Cons
reduce hours
Great place to work.
Bilingual service clerk (Current Employee) –  saint john, nb25 September 2012
My job was to answer any inquiries customers had about rebates for various products. I would answer phone calls and emails with information regarding rebates. Management was great. Had to learn to shrug the irate customers which were few.
N/A
Customer Service Centre (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 July 2014
A typical day would be taking 60 to 70 calls from all over the country regarding student disbursment & repayment of their loans. I would provide a resolution to student issues
Pros
It's a Job
Cons
No home & work life balance
Good environment to be in, lots of events to keep energy positive, lots to learn.
Credit Counselling Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 October 2014
Cons
no room to grow, salary
Every employee treated each other with respect.
MANAGER -, DISBURSEMENT SERVICES, EOS & PIR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2012
Loved the fast paced environment. Continuous learning and being part of project deliverables.
Team members were a big part of my family.
Not a very good place to work
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2013
Management is good
Very racist when comes to promoting individuals
Very tough to get the work done with the management
Pros
Commute was less
Cons
Great company with great employees.
Email Correspondence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2014
Work can be great when you have great employees. Many employees work very hard to achieve company goals and objectives.
Regular Financial Services Company
Transport Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2013
Regular working hours
Highly efficient supply chain IT system
Below Market Compensation
Not many perks or benefits
no comment
Senior Resolution Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON4 March 2013
I enjoyed my employment with this company due to their flexibility over the years and due to the proximity to my residence.
Consistence performer with lots of fun and exceeding expectation day by day.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2014
Being normal and punctual, I arrived at work place about 15-20 minutes earlier. Gone through latest information and notices. Updated self with yesterday performance review. Opened desired various screens and began with first call. Kept on taking call after call. I faced some systems related issues, taken help from team leader. By the end of last session of the day, a customer asked very different question, I had to ran to leader and manager later. Provided desired information to client.
Management was quite supportive as such all support was available all time.
I learnt that go through the information provided again and again, learn them by heart and give a minutes to yourself to find answer.You will have all answers.
Co- worker were fun loving as such each break provided new enthusiasm for next half.
Everything was made so simple but we forgot to make our notes.
Deliver the results, be a winner.
Pros
Process was made simple, so attending customer was child's play.
Cons
Information given were required to be collected from different place to complie
D+H
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2012
Nice company, but no room to advance.
Management is in the process of down sizing.

2.8