POSTING NUMBER: WW121218-09
CLASSIFICATION: Nurse Practitioner (Nurse C)
HOURS OF WORK: Field Hours
POSITION STATUS: Full Time – Multi Site
FACILITY/AGENCY: Regional Float Position (Eastend, SK- Wolf Willow Health Centre – Base)
DEPARTMENT: Primary Health Care
RATE OF PAY: $46.70 to $55.85 per hour
START DATE: Immediate
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Primary Health Care, the Nurse Practitioner will provide primary health care services to the community, which includes health promotion and protection, disease and injury prevention, provision of supportive and instructive treatment, and emergency services. Perform health care management, pharmacotherapeutics and therapeutic interventions. Utilize and synthesize from multiple sources appropriate health assessment and differential diagnosis of client/patient status. Assess need for ordering an interpreting appropriate laboratory, radiology and ultrasound diagnostic tests. Work in conjunction with the client, family and health providers to develop and implement holistic treatment, interventions and support, including prenatal support for at risk youth. Facilitate a case management model of clinical care. Assist individuals, families and communities to increase their knowledge, control and influence of health determinants in the maintenance and improvement of their health status. Work with health care, community and intersectoral partners to improve the health of at risk youth. Support and assist in the development/implementation of quality initiatives to benefit service delivery models.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is preferred. Certificate in Advanced Clinical Nursing or Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate required.
- Current registration with the SRNA and registered or eligible for RN(NP) registration with the SRNA.
- Three (3) years full-time experience working as a RN in acute care or primary care, including community planning, community development and health promotion.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support Level “C”
- Knowledge of addictions theory and interventions strategies involving drugs, alcohol or tobacco
- Knowledge and skill in assessment, treatment and education related to sexual health.
- Responsible decision-making and critical thinking abilities. Leadership, confidence and autonomy.
- Organization capacity to plan, implement and evaluate multiple assessments, projects and deadlines
- Teaching educational and Facilitation Skills. Strong communication and public relation skills.
- Valid driver’s license
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSTING WILL EXPIRE ON May 3, 2013 - 1100 hours
THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE: INCENTIVES:
In addition to an excellent benefits package and strong community advantages, the Cypress Health Region also offers assistance in locating spousal employment opportunities. Our incentive package includes RELOCATION FUNDING OF UP TO $5,000. Contact us today for a relocation information package!