Cymax is one of the fastest growing online furniture retailers with annual sales exceeding US $100 MN. With over 50,000 product SKUs, Cymax is a leader in online sales for all items home and office.
Our growth since our launch in 2004 has been exponential and our culture at Cymax is unique: every person plays a critical role.
The Online Retail Account Manager will support the Director of Merchandising with managing accounts, project management and driving overall performance of several merchandise department categories.
The position will require a seasoned account manager, who is not only proficient in sales, but also has a strong record of achieving a successful profit margin. The ideal candidate will be a proficient communicator that achieves results. With a strong capability to liaise with internal and external partners, seek out business opportunities and ensure a seamless integration in executing business strategies.
- Proven account management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance client and or partner relationships.
- An analytical thinker and problem solver
- Proficient in data analysis, with a strong ability to assess network partners in markets, in order to contribute to contractual company goals.
- Will leverage and enhance existing business relationships long-term, and identify advertising opportunities, which will cultivate business growth.
- Promotion and sales with company products in key markets, to facilitate sales and grow profit margins.
- Will ensure pro-active communication occurs on an ongoing basis between direct --business partners, and any relevant third parties resolving internal and external processes.
- Analyze market competition on a regular basis, to ensure company expectations in driving expected sales, margin, and service levels from business partners.
- Implement purchasing and sales agreements, including rebates, partner compliance policies, and procedures.
- Work closely with Merchandising Department, ensure product catalogs are up-to-date
- Ensure product pricing is competitive and accurate, where products displayed are generating expected returns in sales and profits.
- Proven track record of successfully negotiating vendor agreements, including areas of sales, margin and logistics. In short, to service and position the company to sell products efficiently and profitably.
- Will maintain professionalism and expertise, with a keen sense of ongoing current market trends and exciting new product ideas.
- Willing to attend market trade shows, to enhance company's presence in the retail market.
- Analysis of competitive pricing and the ability to take actions to increase gross profit margins.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
3-5 years, in online sales account management, and or equivalent experience.
Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing and or Commerce; and or Certificate of equivalency.
Familiarity with the merchandising planning cycle, vendor negotiation and agreements, setting margin and profitability goals; monitoring sales patterns and inventory flow
Finance background preferred, with understanding of P&L, balance sheets, income statements
Excellent problem solver with ability to make decisions critically and analytically
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
Ability to analyze data, report trends, and execute decisions in the best interest of the company
Persuasive communicator with a strong negotiation skills
An overall high achiever, with a positive attitude to exceed and meet goals on a daily basis
Goal oriented, self-starter with a strong background in business and sales management
Innovative thinker and problem solver, who can handle the pressures of a fast-paced work environment
Candidates, please send your resume and cover letter with 'Online Retail Account Manager' in the subject line. Please also include your salary expectations.
Cymax.com thanks all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those candidates whose skills and abilities meet the above criteria will be contacted.