CWD Employee Reviews

Stressful, long, and not worth it
Prefer not to say or ill be next (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 June 2016
The company boasts about work life balance, however this happens rarely. You are expected to work nights, weekends, and overtime, they don't "say it" but it gets hit home in your "huddles" and "one on ones"

The focus is always what you are doing wrong and never what you are doing well. Managers in this company do not train on anything, its expected for you to know or self learn without any guidance.

BODs are difficult to deal with. Coworkers are friendly however also stressed to the max. Company fires people and never replaces them. Claims the company is doing less with more but that is at the sacrifice of all the other employees. Tasks just get piled on to other team members until they either quit or get fired for not meeting deadlines, or not being a good fit.

Its sink or swim in this company and not many make it to shore.
Great Place to Start your Career
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  4080 Montrose Road5 June 2015
Great place, awesome co-workers, working environment is very professional, inspiring and enjoyable. Very happy that I have started my career with this company. Most enjoyable part is every month there is an event and lunch party and company benefits. Management is very helpful, I never had any issue with them.
Pros
Working atmosphere, benefits, fixed hours, huge company
Cons
decision making process
Very nice workplace that provides its employees with amazing experience
Operations assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 October 2015
Had an amazing experience working there. CWD is a good team that gave me a lot of opportunities for my future career. I learnt a lot about organization, its culture and operations.
Not a good place to work for.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nigara Falls, ON28 June 2013
I worked here for a short period of time. I was an assistant. The way this company works is with a family at the top and employees below. They do claim to have 100+ employees. They do not, at most it has 50 employees. This company sets a person up to fail. Due to the high turn around and why you see jobs posted all the time. It looks good on paper but on the inside it is many people mainly the managing directors throwing people under the bus to ensure they look good. People do not stay longer then 6months to a year due to the work ethic. It's unfortunate because there are some great people who are stuck in a bad environment and could thrive and be appericated for the hard work they do.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, mad management, high turn over
Great, forward thinking company, positive and team oriented
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 June 2015
Great overall environment
Everyone geniunely tries to work together to "make it happen"
Company provided training
Good benefits - department lunches, contests, and employee recognition
Owners have strong sense of business longevity and work to ensure success as they take the responsiblity of ensuring jobs and growth for their workforce seriously
Lots of room for growth - promote from within
Company working hard to reduce employee turnover rate
Great on-boarding process
Pros
Lots! The company offers well for the Niagara region.
Cons
Very fast paced environment
bad management
customer service (Former Employee) –  niagara falls28 April 2014
They have huge turn over and know how to play the system. Put you on contract for 3 months then extend the contract, no benefits paid. Then they don't like the answers given in an exit interview and tell you to leave right away. My personal metrics were better than most there and it made no difference. I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy!
Pros
great peers, great hours
Cons
bad management, no accountability and no quality assurance
Constant surveillance and difficult management
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 September 2015
Just a terrible place to work! Management is suspicious and doesn't take suggestions well. Weird start hours that hurt the hourly employees because the owners and managers couldn't get in to open the building on time. Forget it!
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
working here at all!
Uninspiring senior management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 July 2014
The company is run by a family of four, with the two brothers constantly fighting against one another. They completely demean one another and it reflects in the attitudes of the employees. The structure of the company does not make sense and either limits you to one brand or requires you to work on all nine. There is no time to relax or enjoy your time there as they stress the fact they're paying you to do a job, which is seen in the structure of the work day: show up at 8:15 am, work with no breaks until lunch, which can only be taken between 11 and 2, and if you miss that time frame you're SOL. They provide the bare minimum in compensation, benefits and support. They are afraid of change or experimenting with new ideas, unless it's going to make them money right away. No creativity is allowed. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM. It's best to see this company fail.
Pros
I got to quit
Cons
I worked there
This company is one of the best places I have ever worked at!
Junior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls Ontario Canada5 June 2015
This is a great place to work at for an entry - mid level corporate atmosphere. They have made a great shift into bettering relationships with employees, and bettering their products, and process of implementation.
Pros
Free lunches, corporate events, family events, great compensations, great manager to employee relationships, young colture, free swag, education plan
Cons
8:15 start
Great place. room for advancement
Operations (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls ON7 June 2015
Great moral among happy team members
You can approach BOD at any given time, being personal or business
They offer discounts on products we sell
They sponsor team events, lunches, family picnics
They are open to suggestions, can be critical or positive
Move for advancement if interested and suits your needs
Cons
Need to start thinking about profit sharing since we do so well and meet our goals
not worth time go to another place of employment
csr (Former Employee) –  niagara falls15 June 2013
waste of time to apply. Not worth the process with phone interview.
hr is a joke managers are out of professionalism. Too much expected improper training niahara falls location has too much overturn before 90 days are up so you wont get benefits unreal how the staff is treated
Pros
waste of time
Cons
waste of time too much overturn hr is a joke
Productive and fun
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2014
As a line operator for a glass company, i really enjoyed working there. The shift was flexible which allowed me to continue my part time school.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
low salary
high turnover...don't waster your time
buyer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls22 July 2013
This place advertises positions constantly like a call centre would. They are not a large company so one would think the turnover wouldn't be so high. Discussed this company with an employment agency when I was looking for work and was told not to waste my time. Their interview process is very lengthy and in spanned out stages and sometimes never completed at all. Staff is friendly enough but overall not a great place to work.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
very high turnover
NAIONAL PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 December 2013
Company changed hands and re structured with changes in the C level
Great Place
marketing (Former Employee) –  niagara falls13 November 2012
Good people and smart leadership. Can be an inspiring environment if you choose it.