Custom Components Employee Reviews

Small company with small departments, easy-to-work-in environment
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL11 February 2016
I would read blueprints and create AutoCAD drawings of our products based on the project details. These drawings would be sent to the customer, the contractor, and the architect. Once the drawings were approved, I would create "cut sheets" for the fabrication shop.

I learned plenty about architecture and architectural drawings. I enjoyed the process and was often required to work closely with the fabrication shop on the more custom orders. Upon leaving Custom Components I had a much better understanding and appreciation of architecture and machining processes.
It was a good experience with some outstanding people to work with in the company.
Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL17 December 2012
Every day was different. It depended on what was and wasn't shipping that day.I learned that there are many companies out there to ship with. I had to shop and compare on the shipping companies to find the lowest rate, with a certain degree of money sense.The management was in good condition, except for the communication. There needed to be more of it. the hardest part of my job was trying to learn all the parts and their item numbers in a very short time. what I enjoyed most about the company was the companionship from all the co workers that were working there. They were all down to earth with some fabulous ideas.
Pros
learning something new every day.
Cons
wish there was more communication.
Exciting place to work. Always something new to conquer.
Project Manager/Field Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX5 February 2013
I have learned a lot about highrise construction and the industry during my tenure here. There is always something new to learn and accomplish. The management team has always been supportive and accommodating. The general core of field employees have all stuck together and developed lasting relationships.

The hardest part of the job would be the traveling, and some of the heavy lifting of large glass.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the sense of accomplishment when you see the completed job. Getting to be part of something from start to finish is very fulfilling.
Good colleagues, but no growth opportunities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL16 August 2012
Good colleagues, but no growth opportunities. Project Management duties performed as per supervisors instructions. Less communication by senior management. No job security.
has good people to work with
machinist (Former Employee) –  houston tx.1 December 2011
Diversified CO. with poor benefits and good people. Job shop environment
All around great
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WI6 August 2013
I was devastated when I parted with this company. the familiar faces and people and the great benes and hours, the atmosphere was awesome. they take great care of their people
Pros
steady work
Cons
not affiliated nationwide

2.5