Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

good
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  silver spring mdJanuary 6, 2015
CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD/DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS Silver Spring, MarylandAugust 2000-November 2008
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant
Picked up, delivered and processed mail for over 1,500 Discovery employees
Processed express mail for Express Mail, FedEx, UPS and DHL
Worked on loading dock, driving forklifts, shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, dumping trash and
cleaning the building
Manually entered all incoming mail via computerized mail processing software, as well as maintained detail record of
all incoming/outgoing packages for tracking purposes via MS Excel Spreadsheet
Received, processed, sorted and accurately delivered incoming mail according to Departmental/Employee destination
Trained new hires on all hardware equipment and software processes
Responded to inquiries from mail and shipping recipients via phone, email and/or fax
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Atmosphere and Fun place to work
Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2014
If you enjoy going to work and not knowing what your day will bring than working in property management is the job for you. I personally enjoy not having the same routine everyday and having the interactions with the 5000 employees we serve is a fun and exciting part of my job.
Fast paced & requires attention to detail
Senior Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 1, 2014
Daily review payables & receivables, monthly prepare financial reports for owners. I've learned a great deal about checks and balances. The management team is very good to work with. Hardest part of the job is remembering all the little extra things that need to be done. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with other people.
Pros
easy dress code
Cons
work space is tight
Good
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Agra, UPJune 20, 2012
Good working culture, but tremendous work pressure.
Very co-operative management
Productive Workplace
Sr. Brokerage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Cushman & Wakefield was a great place to get started in Commercial Real Estate when I did not have any knowledge about it starting out. Large company with plenty of resources. It is a very big company and I prefer a smaller less corporate company.
work at cushman and wakefield
contract Marketing Specialist / Graphic designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 1, 2013
work here was very slow, but when i did receive work it was things i liked to do such as: marketing and graphic design. You do not receive much feedback and if you are new to the company the people will barely even talk to you. Most enjoyable part was when i had work to do. The management is not great. I got laid off without even a days notice.
Pros
holiday party
Cons
slow most of the time, the people who work there are not nice
Tenant satisfaction is number one, A happy tenant is a satisfied tenant. Organized, energetic and reliable. Enjoy what I do.
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AzApril 9, 2015
walk bldg, roof parking lot test cooling tower water repair heat pumps, lighting restrooms tenent spaces check BMS daily and repair hvac as needed. Check solar production and solar power system, Order parts supplies. Repair just about anything in the building.
Pros
Like learning new things
Cons
Can't think of any
Some Pros, some Bozos
Agent for Verizon (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
C&W has slipped lately. Most management are bumbling through and become defensive when suggestions are made.

Just my experience....your mileage may vary.
Marketing Specialist by Day...
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
A typical day consist of working alongside a talented team of marketing professionals and real estate brokers to produce quality content that is both informative and pleasing to the eye.

Daily meeting with different brokers (teams) to help them adjust their marketing strategy on an industry, client and individual basis to showcase each teams strengths.

Graphic Design and Branding for our Agency Leasing team where I create logo, color pallet, font choice and overall design of the current project.

Event invitations, brochures, collateral, and photography for event.

I am the kind of person that is not going to let my title define my position and seek to learn and grow daily with any and all task that are presented to me.
Pros
never the same
Cons
sometimes very structured as the subject matter is real estate
Insurance program was okay
Building Tech (Current Employee) –  Plano, TxMay 7, 2015
Check in with assistant chief engineer. Log in to computer based work order system and check open work orders. Speak to co-workers about any items that needed assistance. Assigned/delivered keys to approved personal and made all changes in key tracking system. Any master keys assigned had to have top security approval. Checked in the security office for the fire panel every morning for any problems and spoke to security about any items that needed my attention. Made repairs to any door hardware. This included framing, locks, pneumatic and hydraulic door closers. Replaced lamps and ballast as needed. Escorted fire marshal and fire system contractors for inspection of remodels of alarm and fire sprinkler system. Assisted with fire department courtesy visits. Took care of all other assigned duties.
Management was hostile at times and the lead tech would not assist in any way even when we were short handed. I asked for lock supplies for a remodel project to install building standard locks in the new legal departments office locks and was roughly rebuffed by the chief engineer that they were behind badge reader doors. Two days later I had to remove locks from less important offices to install in the legal department's office doors. Never replaced those locks. The lead tech snapped at me at the end of a weekly meeting in front everyone after I asked about a water fountain problem from the night before. I informed him by phone that night before that we did not have the parts. They had come in that day but I was not informed by the person who checked them in. He did not tell the chief
  more... engineer that I made the last contact which was a requirement. That did not go well for me.
My other co-workers where experienced and we worked well together.
Trying to work with the lead tech and the new management was frustrating in that they did not believe us when we relayed info to them.
The best part was the contract's employees would say how good we were and thanked us for our work. It was good to hear one of the top Ericsson security managers say they let the wrong person go. Yes, I did type that.
Pros
Decent insurance, good top Ericsson security group
Cons
No attaboys but they always had something about us not doing our jobs
Not a job for anyone looking to advance their career
Accountant (Current Employee) –  PiscatawayNovember 13, 2013
Under valued and not allowed by managment to advance or take on new projects. Management was the worst I've ever experienced. There is no communication to the staff and little or no training. Management changes their minds on things every day and will never put things in writing and then blame their employees.
Absolute atrocious account Director and slave labor style work account
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  NYMay 27, 2014
Beware - this is a network account - C&W has no say in what the network wants out of you or your hard work. Client is overdemanding, demeaning, highly unprofessional, ego driven and has no regard whatsoever for any C&W employee. Learning structure is deplorable and training is non-existant. C&W has no input or backbone whatsoever and will only take the network's side, irrespective of whether the network is right or wrong. They can't pay you enough money to work in this silo for the blood sucking they put you and your family through. The Director is clueless, always angry and verges on defiling his troops in front of the network client.
Pros
you get good vacation time - however, bring your network issued cell phone and lap top - they will be calling you and emailing you 7/24.
Cons
you're made to feel like a low-life contractor all the time. 60 - 70 hour work weeks, and no family life
Great place with wonderful people
Brokerage Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Very challenging environment full of young professions. Hardest part was generating business with lack of training from a managerial level. Best part was the freedom to create your own schedule.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of training
review
Handyman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
As a handyman, I assisted in anything that was needed in the building, from fixing minor electrical problems, to changing light fixtures, painting, marinating a neat and professional appearance front of house as well as back of house. I assisted in other stores when needed.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
Got all my training in Yardi from C & W with their weekly training program.
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2014
Performed all the functions of a Senior Property Accountant such as banker reconciliation, arrears reporting, preparation of monthly financials. Review. approve and post all Invoices. Review, approve and post all cash receipts. A typical day for me at work would be reconcile GL cash balances with the bank statements and prepare a cash position for ownership, analysis and generating lease abstracts from Yardi. Review arrears report and report delinquent balances to Asst. Property Manager. I was fortunate to work with some great folks, who were helpful and friendly. When two co-workers had left the company, my work load tripled, since I was handling their responsibilities as well. I would say working with some of my co-workers was the most enjoyable part of my work.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
constant tenant calls
Very loyal staff
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Cushman is absolutely the most loyal company I have ever worked for. The demand is INTENSE, work ethic is fantastic, and the management staff actually fosters a team spirit throughout the entire administrative staff.
Pros
team spirit, good hours, paid overtime
Enjoyable and beneficial work experience!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 21, 2014
I would typically come in and work the register. During that time I had constant interaction with customers and collected tickets. During close I would tidy up the work space and complete the daily paperwork.
I learned how to use an old fashion cash register. I also learned more customer service skills.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest parts were when it became slow. The shift could begin to drag on, but I learned ways to keep myself productive and keep busy.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know the different tenants and guest who would come through my gate. I also really enjoyed the team I was a part of.
Department was going thru a transition a challenge to get it to work
Brokers Compensation Supervisor/Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York City, NY.May 22, 2014
Having to hire a new staff the Brokers Compensation Dept. and implement new accounting procedures and accountability.
Pros
very challenging great learning experience.
EVERY DAY IS LEARNING EXPERIANCE FOR ME
Facilities Manager Specialist (Current Employee) –  57 Greens Farms rd Westport ,ct 06880June 11, 2012
I ENJOY COMING TO WORK EVERY DAY MY MANAGEMENT
IS FIRM BUT FAIR ,I LEARN SOMETING NEW EVERY DAY
I ENJOY WORKING WITH PEOPLE INTERAC WITH VENDORS
I LOVE MY JOB AN I DOIT WELL..
Pros
flexible scheled
Cons
n/a
Supportive Workplace
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2014
The people are smart and dedicated. There is a great work-life balance, and there is a flexible work from home policy.