Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

Just not a good place to be
Senior Managing Director (Current Employee) –  NY, NYJune 8, 2013
Corporate work environment is horrible - the smallest cubicles seen in corporate NYC; loud office enviroment; no privacy; executives berating employees; 12 hour days year round, much of the year 6-7 days per week; finance executive team; horrible systems; indecisiveness; CxO has no relevant real world, current day experience; CxO only values those who adhere to his schedule and work unheard of hours year-round; Hx non-existent from an employee point of view. Overall just not a good place to work.
Pros
very little - compensation is decent, however you will work long hours
Cons
work environment; leadership
Good if you're in sales, otherwise.....beware
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2013
Politics run rampant at this firm, though it wasn't always that way. People have left or have been driven out in droves due to poor management, lack of trust, long hours, little recognition and mean-spirited attitudes promulgated by people who shouldn't be managing others. It's a shame since under the former leadership, it was a great company to work for; one that cared about its employees and valued the contributions they made. Not the case anymore; everyone is expendable. Stay away....far, far away.
Pros
great if you're a salesperson
Cons
poor management, cut-throat approach to people, no work-life balance.
productive , experience and able to train anyone
american sugar (Current Employee) –  yonkers nyDecember 1, 2013
I look on how to ,increase effective use on better production can be preformed by changing operation , high or low ,steam or energy demands ,without increasing cost or decreasing production, at the same time with safe operation on overall .
Pros
love to share previous, work related experience
Cons
hate to waste time on short coming rewards or effective method of production, will fix a perment not temp. patch
Fun, busy, customer orientated
Facilities Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  SwindonApril 25, 2013
A typicle day consists of dealing with our client's request such as arranging couriers to deliver legal documents to shipping laptops to staff across the country.

Being organised, flexible and creative is a big positive as each day brings its own challanges such as shipping an unusual item for the client or tracking down an archiving box that has long been stored away.

We all have a lot of fun working as a team and often rely on each other for ideas on how to support our client. We also work alongside other contrators that provide our client with services such as catering, cleaning and security.
Pros
pension, private heathcare, 28 days holiday
Cons
no career progression
A very good work place.
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2012
A typical day at work was to meet the clients needs by way of work orders. I have learned working with clients even if the situation is the same working with different clients means different approaches to resolves issues. I had a good line of communication with management and resources to complete the job. My co-workers was a good support system. The hardest part of the job was having to respond to calls no matter what time of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is client satisfaction.
Pros
traveling from site to site.
Cons
traveling from site to site.
Busy marketing department
Creative Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Portman Square, London W1A 3BGDecember 18, 2012
Managing the implementation of a global brand refresh.
I have learned about global Real Estate, conversing with the USA, Europe and Asia.
Reinforced my knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and its marketing applications.
Liaised and organised an small design department, two designers and a brand manager, within the marketing department.
The hardest part of the job is co-ordinating a boisterous US team with an Asia/Pacific faction who are less concerned with brand integrity.
I love being seeing the decisions and designs we have created being appreciated in distant countries.
Pros
successful corporate backing
Cons
design is nor core activity
work at cushman and wakefield
contract Marketing Specialist / Graphic designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 1, 2013
work here was very slow, but when i did receive work it was things i liked to do such as: marketing and graphic design. You do not receive much feedback and if you are new to the company the people will barely even talk to you. Most enjoyable part was when i had work to do. The management is not great. I got laid off without even a days notice.
Pros
holiday party
Cons
slow most of the time, the people who work there are not nice
Productive workplace
Research Analyst/Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  ShanghaiNovember 20, 2012
I am in the investment & capital markets department. Inside the department, there are seller and buyer representatives, financial analyst. We look for both buyers and sellers of commercial properties, hotels, lands, retail malls for a brokerage deal. Profit and loss analysis, deal analysis etc. will be done by the financial analyst.
Got all my training in Yardi from C & W with their weekly training program.
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2014
Performed all the functions of a Senior Property Accountant such as banker reconciliation, arrears reporting, preparation of monthly financials. Review. approve and post all Invoices. Review, approve and post all cash receipts. A typical day for me at work would be reconcile GL cash balances with the bank statements and prepare a cash position for ownership, analysis and generating lease abstracts from Yardi. Review arrears report and report delinquent balances to Asst. Property Manager. I was fortunate to work with some great folks, who were helpful and friendly. When two co-workers had left the company, my work load tripled, since I was handling their responsibilities as well. I would say working with some of my co-workers was the most enjoyable part of my work.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
constant tenant calls
Cushman & Wakefield is an employee cohesive organization
Executive Assistant to Vice Chairman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2014
My day at C&W were very busy, my position involved a lot of multi tasking i.e. answering telephones, scheduling meetings, liaising with executives, clients and employees. C&W was a great place the environment was very upbeat and teamwork oriented.
Pros
great healthcare benefits
great company to work for
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MANovember 24, 2014
always busy... hands on
management was great
co workers fun
hardest part of the job being 5 places at once
the people i work with and culture is great

Too bad contract was lost otherwise i would continue working for cushion forever
Not a job for anyone looking to advance their career
Accountant (Current Employee) –  PiscatawayNovember 13, 2013
Under valued and not allowed by managment to advance or take on new projects. Management was the worst I've ever experienced. There is no communication to the staff and little or no training. Management changes their minds on things every day and will never put things in writing and then blame their employees.
Excellent place to work.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2013
The best part about the positions at Cushman and Wakefield is the site where I work. My direct managers are great. The salaries are not competitive so this company has an aggressive turn over rate.
The hardest part of the job is gettting your pay check other than that it is a great place beyond this.
Pros
great managers.
Cons
benefits and salaries.
good place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2015
I have a good time at work. I am left to myself and do not have any problems. I enjoy myself while working in my designated area of responsibilty
Nice company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San DiegoFebruary 7, 2014
I really liked working for this company. I was not impressed with the way Human Resources and the Property Management department were handled. If an employee has a serious harassment issue, HR does not do anything at all to defuse this problem.
Pros
nice people, great benefits
Cons
human resources, property management
Beware, They say the right things but...
former corporate employee (Former Employee) –  ManhattanJune 5, 2012
Very hypocritical management at all levels. Be prepared to play politics where the best solutions that provide the greatest benefits will be ignored in favor of ego and personal agendas. Expect virtually no management support..
Pros
nice midtown location
Cons
brutal working conditions (micro cubes)
The best and worst of my work day
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
My typical day at work is greeting guest, answering T-Metrics switchboard. Directing people to the appropriate places. The hardest part of my job is dealing with my co-workers being unprofessional. The best part of my job is interacting and meeting new people
Absolute atrocious account Director and slave labor style work account
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  NYMay 27, 2014
Beware - this is a network account - C&W has no say in what the network wants out of you or your hard work. Client is overdemanding, demeaning, highly unprofessional, ego driven and has no regard whatsoever for any C&W employee. Learning structure is deplorable and training is non-existant. C&W has no input or backbone whatsoever and will only take the network's side, irrespective of whether the network is right or wrong. They can't pay you enough money to work in this silo for the blood sucking they put you and your family through. The Director is clueless, always angry and verges on defiling his troops in front of the network client.
Pros
you get good vacation time - however, bring your network issued cell phone and lap top - they will be calling you and emailing you 7/24.
Cons
you're made to feel like a low-life contractor all the time. 60 - 70 hour work weeks, and no family life
hotel
Porter (Current Employee) –  NEW YORK, NYAugust 27, 2013
I currently work for the hotel. the hardest thing at work is doing the work load of two people because we are short on staff. The enjoyable part is seeing the guest come up to me and telling me that my services was the best. They even write letters to my manager stating how good of a worker and helpful i am..
Pros
learning experience
Cons
short breaks
Dog-eat-dog environment
Commercial Real Estate Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Ok place to work if on the right team. Colleagial atmosphere among brokerage staff most of the time. Hardest part of the job is competing for business.