Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

Decent work place
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HRMay 12, 2015
A good working environment but the work life balance not good.
Year on year growth is average.
maintaining work life balance most difficult.
Pros
Good educated & understanding peers
Great work environment, fun co-workers, a kind and welcoming community
GIS Technician I Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2014
The task at was always different based on the needs of the brokers. This kept the job fun and interesting. I learned a lot about how to work with a wide variety of requests. I also learned how to better organize my time and apply my self to get multiple jobs done. The management here is wonderful, very nice and always willing to answer questions and help. Co-workers are kind and again, very nice. The office is very friendly with everyone. The hardest part of the job was the learning the process that they go through to keep everything organized. Once that was understood, it was smooth sailing.
Pros
all you can drink free pop.
Enjoyable and beneficial work experience!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 21, 2014
I would typically come in and work the register. During that time I had constant interaction with customers and collected tickets. During close I would tidy up the work space and complete the daily paperwork.
I learned how to use an old fashion cash register. I also learned more customer service skills.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest parts were when it became slow. The shift could begin to drag on, but I learned ways to keep myself productive and keep busy.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know the different tenants and guest who would come through my gate. I also really enjoyed the team I was a part of.
good
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  silver spring mdJanuary 6, 2015
CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD/DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS Silver Spring, MarylandAugust 2000-November 2008
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant
Picked up, delivered and processed mail for over 1,500 Discovery employees
Processed express mail for Express Mail, FedEx, UPS and DHL
Worked on loading dock, driving forklifts, shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, dumping trash and
cleaning the building
Manually entered all incoming mail via computerized mail processing software, as well as maintained detail record of
all incoming/outgoing packages for tracking purposes via MS Excel Spreadsheet
Received, processed, sorted and accurately delivered incoming mail according to Departmental/Employee destination
Trained new hires on all hardware equipment and software processes
Responded to inquiries from mail and shipping recipients via phone, email and/or fax
Pros
na
Cons
na
Marketing Specialist by Day...
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
A typical day consist of working alongside a talented team of marketing professionals and real estate brokers to produce quality content that is both informative and pleasing to the eye.

Daily meeting with different brokers (teams) to help them adjust their marketing strategy on an industry, client and individual basis to showcase each teams strengths.

Graphic Design and Branding for our Agency Leasing team where I create logo, color pallet, font choice and overall design of the current project.

Event invitations, brochures, collateral, and photography for event.

I am the kind of person that is not going to let my title define my position and seek to learn and grow daily with any and all task that are presented to me.
Pros
never the same
Cons
sometimes very structured as the subject matter is real estate
I love my job, but....
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 9, 2014
I love what i do on a daily basis managing construction projects, but the systems they use are antiquated with very little automation of processes. It seems that new processes are put in place each day which change other processes that know one new existed.

Home office management is involved in every decision which really slows down every activity. My last issue is that there is no room for advancement within the organization unless you want to move.
Pros
good insurance, good pay, right location for me
Cons
lack of trust by home office, no advancement opportunity
SharePoint Migration Specialist
SharePoint Migration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
Migrated , edited and organized content and data from Microsoft Office to Sharepoint. I worked this job through a temp agency.
Pros
Great professional Workplace
Cons
Contract Position.
Fast paced & requires attention to detail
Senior Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 1, 2014
Daily review payables & receivables, monthly prepare financial reports for owners. I've learned a great deal about checks and balances. The management team is very good to work with. Hardest part of the job is remembering all the little extra things that need to be done. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with other people.
Pros
easy dress code
Cons
work space is tight
Great company, good benefits, poor management
Lease Analyst/ Lease Administration (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2014
C&W is a great company with very good benefits, but poor management. All the managers are good at product knowledge but lack on people's skills and HR training. What kept me in the company longer was the fact that C&W offers great benefits and competitive salary. A few of the managers/Seniors don't even have a College Degree. No matter how good a company is, if you work under bad management, most likely people will not stay too long.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
extremely poor management
Improvement Needed
Tenant Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CampbellFebruary 24, 2015
I consistently provide great customer service to tenants and vendors. I generate service request along with preparing contracts. Also, I ensure that COI's are sufficient and coordinate move-ins ,move-out, etc.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fast-paced and Upbeat Commercial Real Estate Firm
Brokerage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 18, 2014
An industry leader with a stellar reputation, this long term assignment was never the same thing 2 days in a row. A challenging and rewarding opportunity creating marketing materials, editing proposals and assisting in the business development process. Key tasks also included scheduling travel, updating customer resource database, maintaining extensive logs, processing expense reports, and filling in with office operations staff when needed.
An ok place to work.
Watch Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2015
An ok place to work, co workers, and management are good. No room for growth. Overtime is available and the company is not afraid to spend money to complete work assignments.
Different team structure then what I worked with in the past.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 31, 2014
generate 23 monthly accrual client medical office building financial statements
Post cash receipts
Initiate bank transfers
post invoices
select invoices for payment
post recurring monthly charges
review lease abstracts
assist tenant coordinators and property managers
supervise two staff accountants
maintain accrual and prepaid schedules
record bank transfers via journal entries
Pros
great insurance to choose from
Cons
not a team environment
Property Manager
Property manager (Former Employee) –  New York , nyMarch 1, 2014
Well here are the facts:

1 several interviews
2 some what of a promise you " WILL" get the job
3 interview on several occasions with Cush staff and your a perfect candiate
4 meet with client and he ask one question that you did not have a answer for and everything you worked hard for crumbes.... Cush does not fight for you or nothing as it seems the client was not only mean and late to the interview he made a borderline Racist remark about the supers and porters.....
Pros
working with a reputable company
Cons
bad clients who don't care
Plenty of work, little satisfaction
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2014
For the assistant chief engineer there is very varied work. It included snow shoveling, plumbing (clogs and repairs), electrical repairs, some carpentry, Fire Alarm systems with HVAC being a major part. There's also a lot of office and computer work - reporting, graphing, PO's and automated EMS system. The engineering team was very collegial and good to get along with. Management was mistrusting and hard to convince to spend needed moneys.
Pros
very friendly work team, decent benefits for long term
Cons
no appreciation for accomplishments or efforts.
Work-Life Balance is Out of Balance
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2015
I really enjoyed the work I did, and the professionals I worked with, but there was a very bad, uncorrected problem with work-life balance.
Beware!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
Not a good place to work at least not the NYC office anyway. A lot of office politics, A LOT OF micro-management, demanding workload and expectations are too high, no work-life balance, most literally live in their cubicles. It's easy to feel like you are in an asylum. No job security. Horrible location. BUSY BUSY BUSY! Only good thing was the benefits and compensation.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
micro-cubes, working hours, poor office environment, politics
Dealing with client on a face to face basis was a plus
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2013
Duties varies: Daily morning and afternoon routine was the set ups and ongoing coordination of conference rooms, to daily site to site moves. Maintain the site to the scope of my abilities, communicate with management on certain clients request. Communicate with co-workers when assistance was needed. Was not been able to comply with all of the client's request, (regulations). Being able to assist the client in all aspect of the request was what made my day, knowing I left my complete and the client happy.
benefits
Just not a good place to be
Senior Managing Director (Current Employee) –  NY, NYJune 8, 2013
Corporate work environment is horrible - the smallest cubicles seen in corporate NYC; loud office enviroment; no privacy; executives berating employees; 12 hour days year round, much of the year 6-7 days per week; finance executive team; horrible systems; indecisiveness; CxO has no relevant real world, current day experience; CxO only values those who adhere to his schedule and work unheard of hours year-round; Hx non-existent from an employee point of view. Overall just not a good place to work.
Pros
very little - compensation is decent, however you will work long hours
Cons
work environment; leadership
Good if you're in sales, otherwise.....beware
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2013
Politics run rampant at this firm, though it wasn't always that way. People have left or have been driven out in droves due to poor management, lack of trust, long hours, little recognition and mean-spirited attitudes promulgated by people who shouldn't be managing others. It's a shame since under the former leadership, it was a great company to work for; one that cared about its employees and valued the contributions they made. Not the case anymore; everyone is expendable. Stay away....far, far away.
Pros
great if you're a salesperson
Cons
poor management, cut-throat approach to people, no work-life balance.