Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

Cushman & Wakefield
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 9, 2015
More than enough work to do.

Learned about the commercial real estate brokerage business.

My immediate management was a handful.

Made many new friends

Holding an administrative title in a sales driven company - Hardest

Personal accomplishments - Most enjoyable
I love my job, but....
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 9, 2014
I love what i do on a daily basis managing construction projects, but the systems they use are antiquated with very little automation of processes. It seems that new processes are put in place each day which change other processes that know one new existed.

Home office management is involved in every decision which really slows down every activity. My last issue is that there is no room for advancement within the organization unless you want to move.
Pros
good insurance, good pay, right location for me
Cons
lack of trust by home office, no advancement opportunity
Great company, good benefits, poor management
Lease Analyst/ Lease Administration (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2014
C&W is a great company with very good benefits, but poor management. All the managers are good at product knowledge but lack on people's skills and HR training. What kept me in the company longer was the fact that C&W offers great benefits and competitive salary. A few of the managers/Seniors don't even have a College Degree. No matter how good a company is, if you work under bad management, most likely people will not stay too long.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
extremely poor management
Fast paced & requires attention to detail
Senior Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 1, 2014
Daily review payables & receivables, monthly prepare financial reports for owners. I've learned a great deal about checks and balances. The management team is very good to work with. Hardest part of the job is remembering all the little extra things that need to be done. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with other people.
Pros
easy dress code
Cons
work space is tight
Fast-paced and Upbeat Commercial Real Estate Firm
Brokerage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 18, 2014
An industry leader with a stellar reputation, this long term assignment was never the same thing 2 days in a row. A challenging and rewarding opportunity creating marketing materials, editing proposals and assisting in the business development process. Key tasks also included scheduling travel, updating customer resource database, maintaining extensive logs, processing expense reports, and filling in with office operations staff when needed.
Marketing Specialist by Day...
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
A typical day consist of working alongside a talented team of marketing professionals and real estate brokers to produce quality content that is both informative and pleasing to the eye.

Daily meeting with different brokers (teams) to help them adjust their marketing strategy on an industry, client and individual basis to showcase each teams strengths.

Graphic Design and Branding for our Agency Leasing team where I create logo, color pallet, font choice and overall design of the current project.

Event invitations, brochures, collateral, and photography for event.

I am the kind of person that is not going to let my title define my position and seek to learn and grow daily with any and all task that are presented to me.
Pros
never the same
Cons
sometimes very structured as the subject matter is real estate
Property Manager
Property manager (Former Employee) –  New York , nyMarch 1, 2014
Well here are the facts:

1 several interviews
2 some what of a promise you " WILL" get the job
3 interview on several occasions with Cush staff and your a perfect candiate
4 meet with client and he ask one question that you did not have a answer for and everything you worked hard for crumbes.... Cush does not fight for you or nothing as it seems the client was not only mean and late to the interview he made a borderline Racist remark about the supers and porters.....
Pros
working with a reputable company
Cons
bad clients who don't care
Plenty of work, little satisfaction
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2014
For the assistant chief engineer there is very varied work. It included snow shoveling, plumbing (clogs and repairs), electrical repairs, some carpentry, Fire Alarm systems with HVAC being a major part. There's also a lot of office and computer work - reporting, graphing, PO's and automated EMS system. The engineering team was very collegial and good to get along with. Management was mistrusting and hard to convince to spend needed moneys.
Pros
very friendly work team, decent benefits for long term
Cons
no appreciation for accomplishments or efforts.
Love working for Cushman & Wakefield
State-Registered Appraiser Trainee (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 24, 2015
I have worked for C & W for four years now. They treat their employees exceptionally well. They have always been supportive of the work/life balance and I would highly recommend this company.
Dealing with client on a face to face basis was a plus
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2013
Duties varies: Daily morning and afternoon routine was the set ups and ongoing coordination of conference rooms, to daily site to site moves. Maintain the site to the scope of my abilities, communicate with management on certain clients request. Communicate with co-workers when assistance was needed. Was not been able to comply with all of the client's request, (regulations). Being able to assist the client in all aspect of the request was what made my day, knowing I left my complete and the client happy.
benefits
Just not a good place to be
Senior Managing Director (Current Employee) –  NY, NYJune 8, 2013
Corporate work environment is horrible - the smallest cubicles seen in corporate NYC; loud office enviroment; no privacy; executives berating employees; 12 hour days year round, much of the year 6-7 days per week; finance executive team; horrible systems; indecisiveness; CxO has no relevant real world, current day experience; CxO only values those who adhere to his schedule and work unheard of hours year-round; Hx non-existent from an employee point of view. Overall just not a good place to work.
Pros
very little - compensation is decent, however you will work long hours
Cons
work environment; leadership
Good if you're in sales, otherwise.....beware
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2013
Politics run rampant at this firm, though it wasn't always that way. People have left or have been driven out in droves due to poor management, lack of trust, long hours, little recognition and mean-spirited attitudes promulgated by people who shouldn't be managing others. It's a shame since under the former leadership, it was a great company to work for; one that cared about its employees and valued the contributions they made. Not the case anymore; everyone is expendable. Stay away....far, far away.
Pros
great if you're a salesperson
Cons
poor management, cut-throat approach to people, no work-life balance.
A very good work place.
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2012
A typical day at work was to meet the clients needs by way of work orders. I have learned working with clients even if the situation is the same working with different clients means different approaches to resolves issues. I had a good line of communication with management and resources to complete the job. My co-workers was a good support system. The hardest part of the job was having to respond to calls no matter what time of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is client satisfaction.
Pros
traveling from site to site.
Cons
traveling from site to site.
Busy marketing department
Creative Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Portman Square, London W1A 3BGDecember 18, 2012
Managing the implementation of a global brand refresh.
I have learned about global Real Estate, conversing with the USA, Europe and Asia.
Reinforced my knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and its marketing applications.
Liaised and organised an small design department, two designers and a brand manager, within the marketing department.
The hardest part of the job is co-ordinating a boisterous US team with an Asia/Pacific faction who are less concerned with brand integrity.
I love being seeing the decisions and designs we have created being appreciated in distant countries.
Pros
successful corporate backing
Cons
design is nor core activity
work at cushman and wakefield
contract Marketing Specialist / Graphic designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 1, 2013
work here was very slow, but when i did receive work it was things i liked to do such as: marketing and graphic design. You do not receive much feedback and if you are new to the company the people will barely even talk to you. Most enjoyable part was when i had work to do. The management is not great. I got laid off without even a days notice.
Pros
holiday party
Cons
slow most of the time, the people who work there are not nice
Fun, busy, customer orientated
Facilities Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  SwindonApril 25, 2013
A typicle day consists of dealing with our client's request such as arranging couriers to deliver legal documents to shipping laptops to staff across the country.

Being organised, flexible and creative is a big positive as each day brings its own challanges such as shipping an unusual item for the client or tracking down an archiving box that has long been stored away.

We all have a lot of fun working as a team and often rely on each other for ideas on how to support our client. We also work alongside other contrators that provide our client with services such as catering, cleaning and security.
Pros
pension, private heathcare, 28 days holiday
Cons
no career progression
productive , experience and able to train anyone
american sugar (Current Employee) –  yonkers nyDecember 1, 2013
I look on how to ,increase effective use on better production can be preformed by changing operation , high or low ,steam or energy demands ,without increasing cost or decreasing production, at the same time with safe operation on overall .
Pros
love to share previous, work related experience
Cons
hate to waste time on short coming rewards or effective method of production, will fix a perment not temp. patch
Beware!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
Not a good place to work at least not the NYC office anyway. A lot of office politics, A LOT OF micro-management, demanding workload and expectations are too high, no work-life balance, most literally live in their cubicles. It's easy to feel like you are in an asylum. No job security. Horrible location. BUSY BUSY BUSY! Only good thing was the benefits and compensation.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
micro-cubes, working hours, poor office environment, politics
Productive Workplace
Sr. Brokerage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Cushman & Wakefield was a great place to get started in Commercial Real Estate when I did not have any knowledge about it starting out. Large company with plenty of resources. It is a very big company and I prefer a smaller less corporate company.
Productive work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Working here was a really good start for me. My co-workers were a joy to work with. I did administrative duties at this company.