Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work-Life Balance is Out of Balance
Financial Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2015
I really enjoyed the work I did, and the professionals I worked with, but there was a very bad, uncorrected problem with work-life balance.
Nice Area
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angels CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Learning daily
Cons: Expensive Healthcare
Enjoyed assisting co-workers and tenants and meeting with vendors. The daily challenge was keeping tenants happy which was done by addressing their concerns in a timely manner.
Productive work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Working here was a really good start for me. My co-workers were a joy to work with. I did administrative duties at this company.
A comfortable enviroment to work
Desk Services Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: Summer Fridays off
Busy at the front desk
Learned about the elevators work and parts to replace when out of service
Great people to work with
the hardest part of the job was to make sure that everyone was satisfied with the service
Everyone worked together as a team
Cushman and Wakefield
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2015
Pros: The leadership!
Cons: Third party management
This is a great place to work. The upper management team is top notch. THey really care about their employees. I really hate to leave but such is the life of third party management. It is always up to the property owners not the management company.
An ok place to work.
Watch Engineer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2015
An ok place to work, co workers, and management are good. No room for growth. Overtime is available and the company is not afraid to spend money to complete work assignments.
I love my job, but....
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good insurance, good pay, right location for me
Cons: lack of trust by home office, no advancement opportunity
I love what i do on a daily basis managing construction projects, but the systems they use are antiquated with very little automation of processes. It seems that new processes are put in place each day which change other processes that know one new existed.

Home office management is involved in every decision which really slows down every activity. My last issue is that there is no room for advancement within the organization unless you want to move.
Toxic work environment, unbalanced schedule.
Building Engineer/ Tier 4 data center (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: stress and work schedule
My co-workers are terrific however, upper management is the exact opposite. Management uses intimidation and harassment tactics, creating very toxic and stressful work environment. Hardest part of job is, morning pass down and meetings due to tactics used by management. My schedule is Wednesday thru Saturday 11pm til 7am wed. 7pm til 3am thurs. 7pm til 7am fri & Sat.
Tenant satisfaction is number one, A happy tenant is a satisfied tenant. Organized, energetic and reliable. Enjoy what I do.
Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AzApril 9, 2015
Pros: Like learning new things
Cons: Can't think of any
walk bldg, roof parking lot test cooling tower water repair heat pumps, lighting restrooms tenent spaces check BMS daily and repair hvac as needed. Check solar production and solar power system, Order parts supplies. Repair just about anything in the building.
good
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant (Former Employee), silver spring mdJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD/DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS Silver Spring, MarylandAugust 2000-November 2008
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant
Picked up, delivered and processed mail for over 1,500 Discovery employees
Processed express mail for Express Mail, FedEx, UPS and DHL
Worked on loading dock, driving forklifts, shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, dumping trash and
cleaning the building
Manually entered all incoming mail via computerized mail processing software, as well as maintained detail record of
all incoming/outgoing packages for tracking purposes via MS Excel Spreadsheet
Received, processed, sorted and accurately delivered incoming mail according to Departmental/Employee destination
Trained new hires on all hardware equipment and software processes
Responded to inquiries from mail and shipping recipients via phone, email and/or fax
Good Experience
Facility Executive (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRFebruary 7, 2015
Good career oportunity. Learned a lot in facility management at this site, how to work, coordinate with the b.u and company.
Cushman & Wakefield
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 9, 2015
More than enough work to do.

Learned about the commercial real estate brokerage business.

My immediate management was a handful.

Made many new friends

Holding an administrative title in a sales driven company - Hardest

Personal accomplishments - Most enjoyable
Career could be exciting but it depends on immediate team
India - Senior Project Engineer (MEP Manager) (Former Employee), MumbaiNovember 15, 2014
Definitely could offer you an exciting career, by the virtue of project management field it operates in. Lot of opportunities to learn as an individual.

Management really needs to realize the flaws and work on basics.
Productive Workplace
Sr. Brokerage Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Cushman & Wakefield was a great place to get started in Commercial Real Estate when I did not have any knowledge about it starting out. Large company with plenty of resources. It is a very big company and I prefer a smaller less corporate company.
Great place with wonderful people
Brokerage Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Lack of training
Very challenging environment full of young professions. Hardest part was generating business with lack of training from a managerial level. Best part was the freedom to create your own schedule.
Great work environment, fun co-workers, a kind and welcoming community
GIS Technician I Intern (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: all you can drink free pop.
The task at was always different based on the needs of the brokers. This kept the job fun and interesting. I learned a lot about how to work with a wide variety of requests. I also learned how to better organize my time and apply my self to get multiple jobs done. The management here is wonderful, very nice and always willing to answer questions and help. Co-workers are kind and again, very nice. The office is very friendly with everyone. The hardest part of the job was the learning the process that they go through to keep everything organized. Once that was understood, it was smooth sailing.
review
Handyman (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: none
As a handyman, I assisted in anything that was needed in the building, from fixing minor electrical problems, to changing light fixtures, painting, marinating a neat and professional appearance front of house as well as back of house. I assisted in other stores when needed.
Marketing Specialist by Day...
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: never the same
Cons: sometimes very structured as the subject matter is real estate
A typical day consist of working alongside a talented team of marketing professionals and real estate brokers to produce quality content that is both informative and pleasing to the eye.

Daily meeting with different brokers (teams) to help them adjust their marketing strategy on an industry, client and individual basis to showcase each teams strengths.

Graphic Design and Branding for our Agency Leasing team where I create logo, color pallet, font choice and overall design of the current project.

Event invitations, brochures, collateral, and photography for event.

I am the kind of person that is not going to let my title define my position and seek to learn and grow daily with any and all task that are presented to me.
Fun, busy, customer orientated
Facilities Co-ordinator (Current Employee), SwindonApril 25, 2013
Pros: pension, private heathcare, 28 days holiday
Cons: no career progression
A typicle day consists of dealing with our client's request such as arranging couriers to deliver legal documents to shipping laptops to staff across the country.

Being organised, flexible and creative is a big positive as each day brings its own challanges such as shipping an unusual item for the client or tracking down an archiving box that has long been stored away.

We all have a lot of fun working as a team and often rely on each other for ideas on how to support our client. We also work alongside other contrators that provide our client with services such as catering, cleaning and security.
good
Projects Engineer in Projects Managements (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 30, 2014
 Looking after the execution of 5 to 6 Screens multiplex from initial stage.
 Coordinate with consultant, client/developer and main contractors & monitor their performance in view of project schedule.
 Ensure effective management and discipline to ensure safe execution of the project.
Implementing QA/ QC procedures, Total Quality Management principles and checks.
 Conducting audits to ensure adherence to quality and safety norms across the entire course of project execution.
 Networking with Consultants, Contractors, Clients to ascertain technical specifications, construction related essentials, based on the prevalent rules.
 Supervise all site activities including providing technical inputs for methodologies of installation and commissioning of Equipment & Systems.
 Leading, mentoring & monitoring the performance of the team to ensure efficiency in process operations & meeting of individual & group targets.
 Involved in planning, supervising & execution of various services like Electrical, HVAC, Fire Fighting, Plumbing, Fire Alarm, Security System,
Headquarters