Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

Poorly managed with horrible pay
Senior Brokerage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 18, 2015
The managers need to provide more direction as well as structure for their respective departments. Pay is extremely low for the industry, and there is almost no room for growth.
Fast paced and a great learning environment.
Project Designer (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 19, 2015
Growing comnpany. Great place to learn processes and understand lease language in relation to design and construction, vendor management and establishing relationships with clients.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Compensation
Focused workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, IndiaAugust 12, 2015
Greeting people as they enter office
Keeping entrance of office clean and board up to date
Handling phone calls and directing to specified person
Maintaining files which included stationary, food coupons, meeting rooms, courier packages, housekeeping, housekeeping supplies
Scheduling meetings with clients
Booking venue for company events
Taking care of Travel Desk
Pros
company events
No Job Security
Site Maintenance Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAOctober 20, 2015
Director of Operations and Account Director try and manage remotely and creates large communications gap. Upper management lacks the experience to operate remotely.
Pros
Great client
Cons
Upper management lacks experience
Leader in the industry
Operations Manager - 8 Properties (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 1, 2015
Proud to have worked for C&W. They strive to be the premier management company. Leader in the Los Angeles area, known for their reputation. Good benefits and salary.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Resources
Professional Services
senior vice president (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2015
Commercial real estate services firm, growing through mergers and acquisitions. Vast expansion of services, talent and locations. Challenging and exciting opportunities.
Pros
Big Firm
Cons
Too Big Firm
Successful company offers successful personal growth
Project Manager ● (Gartner) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 27, 2015
Cushman and Wakefield offers to their employees the chance to gain professional experience and grow personally. The team members found great motivation to meet their goals and objectives by their managers. I am grateful for the opportunity I was given.
Great Work/Life Balance
Lease Analyst/ Lease Administration (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
Great benefits, good job security. The best company I have worked for when it comes to Work/Life Balance.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that it constantly challenged me and I was learning new things on a daily basis. I worked for this company for three years and only left because I had to take care of my family.

I honestly didn't care much for my co-workers, which was ok to me as I was always busy and I kept it to myself.
The hardest part was to learn the systems/database- the company needs a more structured way of training new people- I had to learn everything on my own and ask a lot of questions. If you are not a quick learner/self taught, this is not a job for you.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance and Benefits
Cons
No space for advancement. No training- you learn it on your own by reading the protocol
Work enviroment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York metropolitan areaOctober 13, 2015
Meeting with the client (Verizon), coordinating work actives, site visits, correspondence, negotiating change orders, reviewing project financial data
Pros
Consistent contact with the client
Cons
Corporate protocols
Great Work Environment
EXECUTIVE SECURITY / CHAUFFEUR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
This is a fast pace organization with a cross section of very talented people. The work place is very comfortable. All are very repectful.
ample career advancement opportunities
Facility Manager - Citibank Account (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 29, 2015
CW is a great company to work for with many cross function opportunities to move to other client accounts to expand career.
Exciting, hands on and educational
DC 3rd Class Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2015
As a building engineer my job is to maintain the ventilation, heating, air conditioning and fire alarm systems to keep the building and people safe and comfortable. I monitor and control the operation of boilers, chillers, package units,condensers, pumps, cooling towers, water treatment system, filtration, generators, air compressors, state of the art building automation system (DDC and pneumatic) energy management system and other machinery. I am also responsible for repairing worn out equipment and replace broken parts, gaskets and belts. I regularly test and verify that equipment functions optimally and fix plumbing fixtures and locks.
Good place to work, lots of matrixed opportunity
Director Americas PMO (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 20, 2015
Especially with the merger with DTZ, now one of the "big 3" in the field! Very good people and opportunities. I would definitely recommend.
A growing company with great people and culture
Director of Digital Marketing - Americas (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Interesting, challenging work, supportive management and a good work/life balance . A lot of talented people to team and collaborate with.
Pros
Good benefits and PTO policy
Global Real Estate Firm Based in NY
Senior Associate/Transaction Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasAugust 14, 2015
Excellent company, fabulous coworkers and outstanding market leader. Fun environment with monthly celebrations coordinated by the Fun Committee. Great perks and benefits in a Class AA environment.
Pros
Countless
A good place to work
Regional Manager West India Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  MumbaiSeptember 5, 2015
the company does have the brand value to elevate the current value of every individual..and has the agility to be more diversified and can be the company of choice for employees.
Great use of applications to get work accomplished in the facilities management field.
Sr. Facility Manager, South Region-Anthem (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 10, 2015
Cushman & Wakefield had some excellent policies and excellent checks and balances. The processes and the systems for responding to customers' and management request were time saving and gave beneficial overviews of the work that was being accomplished (or not), so as a facility manager, I had information available to see what areas in which I needed to spend more time. The real estate, finance and work order applications were excellent. As a manager for a company that had a contract to maintain properties (leased and owned), I was able to work independently in my region knowing I had the backup and support of a central office.
Pros
Independence, so I could accomplish my work within the policies, contract requirements, and established goals.
Cons
As with most companies since 2008, there was always a push to do more with less, especially in trying to meet corporate cost constraints.
good company going through change
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
Overall good firm, but lots of politics in some areas and who you know can make all the difference to success or failure.

If you are a broker you get everything, but management often times can't make decisions and wants to stay in the old boy network.
Cushman and Wakefield is an exciting company
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 24, 2015
Cushman and Wakefield is an exciting company to work for. It kept things interesting with a wide variety of projects. There was always something new to learn and challenges to tackle.
learned a lot of things
Engineers Helper / locksmith / maintence (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
Start off with the packaging unit readings in the data center. learn HVAC work and bathroom repairs and facilities work request like furniture and door repairs my day s were always good because I knew my job.
Pros
Paid Rate