Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

Beware!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
Not a good place to work at least not the NYC office anyway. A lot of office politics, A LOT OF micro-management, demanding workload and expectations are too high, no work-life balance, most literally live in their cubicles. It's easy to feel like you are in an asylum. No job security. Horrible location. BUSY BUSY BUSY! Only good thing was the benefits and compensation.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
micro-cubes, working hours, poor office environment, politics
Good if you're in sales, otherwise.....beware
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2013
Politics run rampant at this firm, though it wasn't always that way. People have left or have been driven out in droves due to poor management, lack of trust, long hours, little recognition and mean-spirited attitudes promulgated by people who shouldn't be managing others. It's a shame since under the former leadership, it was a great company to work for; one that cared about its employees and valued the contributions they made. Not the case anymore; everyone is expendable. Stay away....far, far away.
Pros
great if you're a salesperson
Cons
poor management, cut-throat approach to people, no work-life balance.
A company committed to quality
Air Condition Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2015
The management at Cushman & Wakefield is committed to providing the highest level of service to the tenants in the building. I have gain a great amount of experience at this site, it's a fast pace critical equipment operation, you must be able to think quickly and act fast in order to solve unforeseen problems.
Pros
Lots of training and chiller plant operation, emergency backup system
No Job Security
Site Maintenance Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAOctober 20, 2015
Director of Operations and Account Director try and manage remotely and creates large communications gap. Upper management lacks the experience to operate remotely.
Pros
Great client
Cons
Upper management lacks experience
Great company, good benefits, poor management
Lease Analyst/ Lease Administration (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2014
C&W is a great company with very good benefits, but poor management. All the managers are good at product knowledge but lack on people's skills and HR training. What kept me in the company longer was the fact that C&W offers great benefits and competitive salary. A few of the managers/Seniors don't even have a College Degree. No matter how good a company is, if you work under bad management, most likely people will not stay too long.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
extremely poor management
Exciting, hands on and educational
DC 3rd Class Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2015
As a building engineer my job is to maintain the ventilation, heating, air conditioning and fire alarm systems to keep the building and people safe and comfortable. I monitor and control the operation of boilers, chillers, package units,condensers, pumps, cooling towers, water treatment system, filtration, generators, air compressors, state of the art building automation system (DDC and pneumatic) energy management system and other machinery. I am also responsible for repairing worn out equipment and replace broken parts, gaskets and belts. I regularly test and verify that equipment functions optimally and fix plumbing fixtures and locks.
Bureaucratic! All work and no play makes Upper Management very happy
Corporate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
STAY AWAY unless you like working for slave labor and get no recognition other than the bonus of working weekends with no comp time. Highly bureaucratic, old school culture from the 1950's. No room for an advancement if you don't play those political reindeer games. The working conditions are awful, literally a cattle corral.
Unless you are a broker or in sales, you are kept in a hole, far from the glitz of those who wine and dine. Steer away regardless of how much they offer b/c their pay scale based on qualifications is all a joke. Be prepared to be backstabbed with little training, poor systems, management guidance or support. If you stay within the box and clock your hours of 10 hour plus days, I guess that could be acceptable but there is no job security regardless of how well you do your job. While some employees work night and day and challenge processes and take on multiple roles, spreading you thin, others who do nothing are more highly regarded because they are hush hush and collect a paycheck.
Pros
uhhh, still thinking...does wearing a suit and tie year round count, don't think so, free cups to drink water or coffee out of
Cons
compensation, working hours, poor office environment, politics, bureaucratic, overall pessimistic culture, no career growth
Enterprise Architecture to be removed by DTZ
Sr. Technical Architect (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2015
I was assigned to write new IT Governance Practices for Cushman & Wakefield. At the same time they were purchased by DTZ. After months of workI was informed that they would be dissolving the Enterprise Architecture department, removing Cushman IT Legacy managers, and would not need an IT Governance Practices for a Global Real Estate company.
Global Real Estate Firm Based in NY
Senior Associate/Transaction Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasAugust 14, 2015
Excellent company, fabulous coworkers and outstanding market leader. Fun environment with monthly celebrations coordinated by the Fun Committee. Great perks and benefits in a Class AA environment.
Pros
Countless
good people to work with
Backup facilities tech (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 25, 2015
The employees were great to work with. The management was a little distant and hard to work with. It was very hard to advance in the company.
Productive workpace
Project coordinator (Current Employee) –  MumbaiMay 3, 2015
Provided an environmnet to gain knowledge on project management.Multi national company which provides oppurtunities to gain experience on large scale projects.
Pros
salary benifits
Cons
more projects required to sustain employee strength
A typical day at work
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2015
usually i enjoy to delegate my jobs to others like My Supervisors, i have 4 of them under my Supervision, they are the one who control all of the job need to be done on a daily basis time, we monitoring people to do their jobs on a safe way we can tell them, to be Assistant Manager make me feel great with others and try to do my best as i can on a daily assignments projects jobs arrives thru the work orders. The hardest work to do is a takes disciplynaries action thru the workers and tell them what they can do and can't do to behave themselves.
Pros
growing and development on the job site
Cons
Characteristics on the job behaviers
Great work environment
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Upper management is very supportive. Cushman & Wakefield offers a lot of opportunity for growth. Very positive and professional atmosphere.
Great place for experienced self starter
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2015
pros:
Entrepreneurial environment
Great Resources
Great people

Cons:
No Training
Business dominated by old guard
I would not recommend a new associate. You must be seasoned to succeed here.
I love my job, but....
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 9, 2014
I love what i do on a daily basis managing construction projects, but the systems they use are antiquated with very little automation of processes. It seems that new processes are put in place each day which change other processes that know one new existed.

Home office management is involved in every decision which really slows down every activity. My last issue is that there is no room for advancement within the organization unless you want to move.
Pros
good insurance, good pay, right location for me
Cons
lack of trust by home office, no advancement opportunity
Great working environment
Facility Manager WellPoint Properties Virginia (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the experienced team I had to work with. We accomplished many goals and reduced the budget by a considerate amount.
Beware, They say the right things but...
former corporate employee (Former Employee) –  ManhattanJune 5, 2012
Very hypocritical management at all levels. Be prepared to play politics where the best solutions that provide the greatest benefits will be ignored in favor of ego and personal agendas. Expect virtually no management support..
Pros
nice midtown location
Cons
brutal working conditions (micro cubes)
Plenty of work, little satisfaction
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2014
For the assistant chief engineer there is very varied work. It included snow shoveling, plumbing (clogs and repairs), electrical repairs, some carpentry, Fire Alarm systems with HVAC being a major part. There's also a lot of office and computer work - reporting, graphing, PO's and automated EMS system. The engineering team was very collegial and good to get along with. Management was mistrusting and hard to convince to spend needed moneys.
Pros
very friendly work team, decent benefits for long term
Cons
no appreciation for accomplishments or efforts.
Typical Brokerage Culture
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Very brokerage minded place - long hours, client focused, interesting work. Rumor is that it's falling apart right now.
No. This account didn't have that.
Senior Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 28, 2015
This was on the Citibank Account for the whole State of Texas. On the account for 9 years, between Citi and changing of Managing Agents.
Typical day - handling the upper management side with the client on any major Citibank branch issues.
Co-workers - working with the Facility Managers that reported up to me, making sure they were taking care of the day-to-day needs of the branches. Dealing with the vendors.

Hardest part of the job: when the budget didn't allow for me to take care of the client.

Most enjoyable part of job - finishing a day out, when I knew that I handled something that was needed for the client / branch.
Pros
Coming to a job that I loved each day.