Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

Great Team Building
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 8, 2015
There were a lot of team building activities which, overall made the everyday vibe a great one. Working closely with my colleagues helped when brainstorm sessions, or problem solving needs would arise. Everyone had the same common goal and was eager to help each team member meet it. The company is family oriented, something that is very important to me. They are flexible and understanding of life situations and more than willing to offer a helping hand. I was honored to witness some of the selfless acts done by my fellow co workers in times of need for others, not only in our company, but in the community. One of the best things this company offered was one VTO day per year. A paid day for volunteering.
Pros
Benefits, team building events, location.
Cons
Inability to use creativity at the particular property I was at.
Great Work/Life Balance
Lease Analyst/ Lease Administration (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
Great benefits, good job security. The best company I have worked for when it comes to Work/Life Balance.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that it constantly challenged me and I was learning new things on a daily basis. I worked for this company for three years and only left because I had to take care of my family.

I honestly didn't care much for my co-workers, which was ok to me as I was always busy and I kept it to myself.
The hardest part was to learn the systems/database- the company needs a more structured way of training new people- I had to learn everything on my own and ask a lot of questions. If you are not a quick learner/self taught, this is not a job for you.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance and Benefits
Cons
No space for advancement. No training- you learn it on your own by reading the protocol
Good culture
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, INMarch 11, 2016
Good culture and a nice place to work. Good learning and good people. over all a nice place to work . Good management and a healthy work life balance. Recommended place to work
Leader in the industry
Operations Manager - 8 Properties (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 1, 2015
Proud to have worked for C&W. They strive to be the premier management company. Leader in the Los Angeles area, known for their reputation. Good benefits and salary.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Resources
Fast paced and a great learning environment.
Project Designer (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 19, 2015
Growing comnpany. Great place to learn processes and understand lease language in relation to design and construction, vendor management and establishing relationships with clients.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Compensation
Wide aspects in PMC works
WSH Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 23, 2016
The fitout job was with client named DuPont. DuPont believes in premium safety standard for "NO ACCIDENT". It proves a lot from other mainstream jobscope. It present a high value in FELT Leadership to eliminate safety hazards on job spots.Focus on High Risk Activities - that would not any chance of potential hazards and danger to workers and resources.
Pros
have a "Lunch over Chopsticks" session weekly to brainstorm safety and daily site risks etc.
Cons
Long hours and on weekends and holidays
A growing company with great people and culture
Director of Digital Marketing - Americas (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Interesting, challenging work, supportive management and a good work/life balance . A lot of talented people to team and collaborate with.
Pros
Good benefits and PTO policy
An excellent balance between work life and other activities. Very friendly and comfortable environment to work in.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  GurgaonJune 12, 2016
Everything is great at this organisation work place, co-worker, management. Working here is great experience and opportunity to work in. a typical day here is work loaded. the most enjoyable part of this job is the location and friendly attitude of people.
Pros
Cab service
Cons
hectic work schedule
Difficult but rewarding work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 29, 2015
In brokerage you are usually placed within a brokerage team. One's experience is highly dependent on your team leaders. An Associate's main role is to develop new business. This includes learning the market, walking buildings with prospective clients, doing research on companies in your market, networking and a lot of cold-calling to generate new meetings and clients.

It is certainly a very cut-throat environment where most do not succeed. But there is a lot of upside. I think the best thing about the job is that you learn a lot very quickly and that you get a lot of exposure to C-Level executives in a wide range of industries.
Pros
High-income potential
Cons
Your income is highly dependent on the clients you generate
Productive team oriented environment
Executive Assistant to President (Current Employee) –  York, NEAugust 24, 2016
Working in a fast paced team oriented environment built on trust. Colleagues focus on accomplishing their work while offering their services to help others.
Global Real Estate Firm Based in NY
Senior Associate/Transaction Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasAugust 14, 2015
Excellent company, fabulous coworkers and outstanding market leader. Fun environment with monthly celebrations coordinated by the Fun Committee. Great perks and benefits in a Class AA environment.
Pros
Countless
Hard work, time management skills where key.
Commercial Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 9, 2016
Being a majority commission position, these is where a man learns that if you slack or your attention waiver to the most minute detail...you may not eat.
Very bad work life balance
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MumbaiOctober 20, 2015
A place where in the politics comes directly from the top management, just dumping work on their subordinates and not being considerate. Low levels of appreciation and unnecessary bundling of things which are not work related.
Cons
Poor management, poor department head, bad culture, very poor work life balance
Just not a good place to be
Senior Managing Director (Current Employee) –  NY, NYJune 8, 2013
Corporate work environment is horrible - the smallest cubicles seen in corporate NYC; loud office enviroment; no privacy; executives berating employees; 12 hour days year round, much of the year 6-7 days per week; finance executive team; horrible systems; indecisiveness; CxO has no relevant real world, current day experience; CxO only values those who adhere to his schedule and work unheard of hours year-round; Hx non-existent from an employee point of view. Overall just not a good place to work.
Pros
very little - compensation is decent, however you will work long hours
Cons
work environment; leadership
Safe Place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon TyneMay 24, 2016
Monday-Friday, Great Locations, Lovely staff, good hours, beautiful building, great links to public transport, close to the city centre
Great company, good benefits, poor management
Lease Analyst/ Lease Administration (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2014
C&W is a great company with very good benefits, but poor management. All the managers are good at product knowledge but lack on people's skills and HR training. What kept me in the company longer was the fact that C&W offers great benefits and competitive salary. A few of the managers/Seniors don't even have a College Degree. No matter how good a company is, if you work under bad management, most likely people will not stay too long.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
extremely poor management
Plenty of work, little satisfaction
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2014
For the assistant chief engineer there is very varied work. It included snow shoveling, plumbing (clogs and repairs), electrical repairs, some carpentry, Fire Alarm systems with HVAC being a major part. There's also a lot of office and computer work - reporting, graphing, PO's and automated EMS system. The engineering team was very collegial and good to get along with. Management was mistrusting and hard to convince to spend needed moneys.
Pros
very friendly work team, decent benefits for long term
Cons
no appreciation for accomplishments or efforts.
Productive workpace
Project coordinator (Current Employee) –  MumbaiMay 3, 2015
Provided an environmnet to gain knowledge on project management.Multi national company which provides oppurtunities to gain experience on large scale projects.
Pros
salary benifits
Cons
more projects required to sustain employee strength
Dealing with client on a face to face basis was a plus
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2013
Duties varies: Daily morning and afternoon routine was the set ups and ongoing coordination of conference rooms, to daily site to site moves. Maintain the site to the scope of my abilities, communicate with management on certain clients request. Communicate with co-workers when assistance was needed. Was not been able to comply with all of the client's request, (regulations). Being able to assist the client in all aspect of the request was what made my day, knowing I left my complete and the client happy.
benefits
Beware!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
Not a good place to work at least not the NYC office anyway. A lot of office politics, A LOT OF micro-management, demanding workload and expectations are too high, no work-life balance, most literally live in their cubicles. It's easy to feel like you are in an asylum. No job security. Horrible location. BUSY BUSY BUSY! Only good thing was the benefits and compensation.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
micro-cubes, working hours, poor office environment, politics