Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

Wide aspects in PMC works
WSH Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 23, 2016
The fitout job was with client named DuPont. DuPont believes in premium safety standard for "NO ACCIDENT". It proves a lot from other mainstream jobscope. It present a high value in FELT Leadership to eliminate safety hazards on job spots.Focus on High Risk Activities - that would not any chance of potential hazards and danger to workers and resources.
Pros
have a "Lunch over Chopsticks" session weekly to brainstorm safety and daily site risks etc.
Cons
Long hours and on weekends and holidays
Office setting. Cubicle work environment.
Senior Transactions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2015
Cushman and Wakefield is a great company, and if I would have stayed in St. Louis, I would have stayed with the company. There is a company affiliated with the Cushman and Wakefield alliance, here in Austin, but unfortunately, there was no available position.
Pros
Flexibility, security.
Cons
Frustrating system with several road blocks and the inability to use creativity to solve problems.
Difficult but rewarding work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 29, 2015
In brokerage you are usually placed within a brokerage team. One's experience is highly dependent on your team leaders. An Associate's main role is to develop new business. This includes learning the market, walking buildings with prospective clients, doing research on companies in your market, networking and a lot of cold-calling to generate new meetings and clients.

It is certainly a very cut-throat environment where most do not succeed. But there is a lot of upside. I think the best thing about the job is that you learn a lot very quickly and that you get a lot of exposure to C-Level executives in a wide range of industries.
Pros
High-income potential
Cons
Your income is highly dependent on the clients you generate
Enterprise Architecture to be removed by DTZ
Sr. Technical Architect (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2015
I was assigned to write new IT Governance Practices for Cushman & Wakefield. At the same time they were purchased by DTZ. After months of workI was informed that they would be dissolving the Enterprise Architecture department, removing Cushman IT Legacy managers, and would not need an IT Governance Practices for a Global Real Estate company.
Excellent
Retail Asset Management Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENGNovember 26, 2015
I think that Cushman and Wakefield is a very positive environment to work in with an excellent management team heading up the office overall.

I work within in very close knit efficient team.
Pros
Excellent Management team, very supportive
Cons
Competitive environment in overall office environment
ice cream treats
Administrative Assistant - Temp (Former Employee) –  SAN FRANCISCO CAOctober 22, 2015
Good company to have worked for; worked with real estate brokers, assisting in bids and proposals documentations; Provided office support. Learned much about real estate property bids, management. lease, sales, so forth; Great group of co-workers. Fun, enjoyable experience working with and assisting the brokers; No hard part of the job.
Pros
Good job
NA
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  MDOctober 26, 2015
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant
Picked up, delivered and processed mail for over 1,500 Discovery employees
Processed express mail for Express Mail, FedEx, UPS and DHL
Worked on loading dock, driving forklifts, shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, dumping trash and
cleaning the building
Manually entered all incoming mail via computerized mail processing software, as well as maintained detail record of
all incoming/outgoing packages for tracking purposes via MS Excel Spreadsheet
Received, processed, sorted and accurately delivered incoming mail according to Departmental/Employee destination
Trained new hires on all hardware equipment and software processes
Responded to inquiries from mail and shipping recipients via phone, email and/or fax
Traveled to and managed different locations when needed
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Great Team Building
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 8, 2015
There were a lot of team building activities which, overall made the everyday vibe a great one. Working closely with my colleagues helped when brainstorm sessions, or problem solving needs would arise. Everyone had the same common goal and was eager to help each team member meet it. The company is family oriented, something that is very important to me. They are flexible and understanding of life situations and more than willing to offer a helping hand. I was honored to witness some of the selfless acts done by my fellow co workers in times of need for others, not only in our company, but in the community. One of the best things this company offered was one VTO day per year. A paid day for volunteering.
Pros
Benefits, team building events, location.
Cons
Inability to use creativity at the particular property I was at.
Good culture
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, INMarch 11, 2016
Good culture and a nice place to work. Good learning and good people. over all a nice place to work . Good management and a healthy work life balance. Recommended place to work
A typical day at work
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2015
usually i enjoy to delegate my jobs to others like My Supervisors, i have 4 of them under my Supervision, they are the one who control all of the job need to be done on a daily basis time, we monitoring people to do their jobs on a safe way we can tell them, to be Assistant Manager make me feel great with others and try to do my best as i can on a daily assignments projects jobs arrives thru the work orders. The hardest work to do is a takes disciplynaries action thru the workers and tell them what they can do and can't do to behave themselves.
Pros
growing and development on the job site
Cons
Characteristics on the job behaviers
Very bad work life balance
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MumbaiOctober 20, 2015
A place where in the politics comes directly from the top management, just dumping work on their subordinates and not being considerate. Low levels of appreciation and unnecessary bundling of things which are not work related.
Cons
Poor management, poor department head, bad culture, very poor work life balance
Safe Place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon TyneMay 24, 2016
Monday-Friday, Great Locations, Lovely staff, good hours, beautiful building, great links to public transport, close to the city centre
Great place for experienced self starter
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2015
pros:
Entrepreneurial environment
Great Resources
Great people

Cons:
No Training
Business dominated by old guard
I would not recommend a new associate. You must be seasoned to succeed here.
A company committed to quality
Air Condition Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2015
The management at Cushman & Wakefield is committed to providing the highest level of service to the tenants in the building. I have gain a great amount of experience at this site, it's a fast pace critical equipment operation, you must be able to think quickly and act fast in order to solve unforeseen problems.
Pros
Lots of training and chiller plant operation, emergency backup system
Very Best Company to work with
Senior Operations Manager - Facilities Management (Current Employee) –  BangaloreOctober 15, 2015
Very Best Company to work with. I have learn t lot of things while working. Very best culture.I have joined in junior position and now I manage one of the biggest portfolio. Company has given lot of opportunity to reach this level.
Office at The Pearl
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2015
It's a quiet environment. The office at the Pearl is nice. My co-workers are nice and everyone works really hard. Commercial brokers are independent contractors so it's not really a team environment. I like the work but am seeking something more challenging.
Pros
Nice Office
Cons
Traffic
Poorly managed with horrible pay
Senior Brokerage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 18, 2015
The managers need to provide more direction as well as structure for their respective departments. Pay is extremely low for the industry, and there is almost no room for growth.
Great working environment
Facility Manager WellPoint Properties Virginia (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the experienced team I had to work with. We accomplished many goals and reduced the budget by a considerate amount.
Fast paced and a great learning environment.
Project Designer (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 19, 2015
Growing comnpany. Great place to learn processes and understand lease language in relation to design and construction, vendor management and establishing relationships with clients.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Compensation
No Job Security
Site Maintenance Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAOctober 20, 2015
Director of Operations and Account Director try and manage remotely and creates large communications gap. Upper management lacks the experience to operate remotely.
Pros
Great client
Cons
Upper management lacks experience