Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cushman and Wakefield is an exciting company
Contractor (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 24, 2015
Cushman and Wakefield is an exciting company to work for. It kept things interesting with a wide variety of projects. There was always something new to learn and challenges to tackle.
Global Real Estate Firm Based in NY
Senior Associate/Transaction Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Countless
Excellent company, fabulous coworkers and outstanding market leader. Fun environment with monthly celebrations coordinated by the Fun Committee. Great perks and benefits in a Class AA environment.
productive building
Building Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2015
worked hard everyday doing pm's on all mechanical equipement also did basic plumbing, painting , electrical work. my was the start up guy so every morning i would start all chillers fans and pumps.
Focused workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaAugust 12, 2015
Pros: company events
Greeting people as they enter office
Keeping entrance of office clean and board up to date
Handling phone calls and directing to specified person
Maintaining files which included stationary, food coupons, meeting rooms, courier packages, housekeeping, housekeeping supplies
Scheduling meetings with clients
Booking venue for company events
Taking care of Travel Desk
Great use of applications to get work accomplished in the facilities management field.
Sr. Facility Manager, South Region-Anthem (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Independence, so I could accomplish my work within the policies, contract requirements, and established goals.
Cons: As with most companies since 2008, there was always a push to do more with less, especially in trying to meet corporate cost constraints.
Cushman & Wakefield had some excellent policies and excellent checks and balances. The processes and the systems for responding to customers' and management request were time saving and gave beneficial overviews of the work that was being accomplished (or not), so as a facility manager, I had information available to see what areas in which I needed to spend more time. The real estate, finance and work order applications were excellent. As a manager for a company that had a contract to maintain properties (leased and owned), I was able to work independently in my region knowing I had the backup and support of a central office.
Great Work/Life Balance
Lease Analyst/ Lease Administration (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Job Work/Life Balance and Benefits
Cons: No space for advancement. No training- you learn it on your own by reading the protocol
Great benefits, good job security. The best company I have worked for when it comes to Work/Life Balance.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that it constantly challenged me and I was learning new things on a daily basis. I worked for this company for three years and only left because I had to take care of my family.

I honestly didn't care much for my co-workers, which was ok to me as I was always busy and I kept it to myself.
The hardest part was to learn the systems/database- the company needs a more structured way of training new people- I had to learn everything on my own and ask a lot of questions. If you are not a quick learner/self taught, this is not a job for you.
learned a lot of things
Engineers Helper / locksmith / maintence (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Paid Rate
Cons: none
Start off with the packaging unit readings in the data center. learn HVAC work and bathroom repairs and facilities work request like furniture and door repairs my day s were always good because I knew my job.
good company going through change
Managing Director (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
Overall good firm, but lots of politics in some areas and who you know can make all the difference to success or failure.

If you are a broker you get everything, but management often times can't make decisions and wants to stay in the old boy network.
Huge corporation; however, depending on the account, management style, and job culture varies.
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CA and Concord, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: C&W prefers to hire from within; therefore, this allowed an employee to seek other opportunities within the company.
Cons: Very stressful environment, depending on the client, and account.
Very busy work days, allowing you to never be bored. Consistent change in project procedures, allowing new challenges & goals.
Productive work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Working here was a really good start for me. My co-workers were a joy to work with. I did administrative duties at this company.
Nice Area
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angels CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Learning daily
Cons: Expensive Healthcare
Enjoyed assisting co-workers and tenants and meeting with vendors. The daily challenge was keeping tenants happy which was done by addressing their concerns in a timely manner.
Exciting, hands on and educational
DC 3rd Class Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 8, 2015
As a building engineer my job is to maintain the ventilation, heating, air conditioning and fire alarm systems to keep the building and people safe and comfortable. I monitor and control the operation of boilers, chillers, package units,condensers, pumps, cooling towers, water treatment system, filtration, generators, air compressors, state of the art building automation system (DDC and pneumatic) energy management system and other machinery. I am also responsible for repairing worn out equipment and replace broken parts, gaskets and belts. I regularly test and verify that equipment functions optimally and fix plumbing fixtures and locks.
A comfortable enviroment to work
Desk Services Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: Summer Fridays off
Busy at the front desk
Learned about the elevators work and parts to replace when out of service
Great people to work with
the hardest part of the job was to make sure that everyone was satisfied with the service
Everyone worked together as a team
Decent work place
Project manager (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRMay 12, 2015
Pros: Good educated & understanding peers
A good working environment but the work life balance not good.
Year on year growth is average.
maintaining work life balance most difficult.
Insurance program was okay
Building Tech (Current Employee), Plano, TxMay 7, 2015
Pros: Decent insurance, good top Ericsson security group
Cons: No attaboys but they always had something about us not doing our jobs
Check in with assistant chief engineer. Log in to computer based work order system and check open work orders. Speak to co-workers about any items that needed assistance. Assigned/delivered keys to approved personal and made all changes in key tracking system. Any master keys assigned had to have top security approval. Checked in the security office for the fire panel every morning for any problems and spoke to security about any items that needed my attention. Made repairs to any door hardware. This included framing, locks, pneumatic and hydraulic door closers. Replaced lamps and ballast as needed. – more... Escorted fire marshal and fire system contractors for inspection of remodels of alarm and fire sprinkler system. Assisted with fire department courtesy visits. Took care of all other assigned duties.
Management was hostile at times and the lead tech would not assist in any way even when we were short handed. I asked for lock supplies for a remodel project to install building standard locks in the new legal departments office locks and was roughly rebuffed by the chief engineer that they were behind badge reader doors. Two days later I had to remove locks from less important offices to install in the legal department's office doors. Never replaced those locks. The lead tech snapped at me at the end of a weekly meeting in front everyone after I asked about a water fountain problem from the night before. I informed him by phone that night before that we did not have the parts. They had come in that day but I was not informed by the person who checked them in. He did not tell the chief engineer that I made the last contact which was a requirement. That did not go well for me.
My other co-workers where experienced and we worked well together.
Trying to work with the lead tech and the new management was frustrating in that they did not believe us when we relayed info to them.
The best part was the contract's employees would say how good we were and thanked us for our work. It was good to hear one of the top Ericsson security managers say they let the wrong person go. Yes, I did type that. – less
Work-Life Balance is Out of Balance
Financial Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2015
I really enjoyed the work I did, and the professionals I worked with, but there was a very bad, uncorrected problem with work-life balance.
Productive workpace
Project coordinator (Current Employee), MumbaiMay 3, 2015
Pros: salary benifits
Cons: more projects required to sustain employee strength
Provided an environmnet to gain knowledge on project management.Multi national company which provides oppurtunities to gain experience on large scale projects.
Great place with wonderful people
Brokerage Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Lack of training
Very challenging environment full of young professions. Hardest part was generating business with lack of training from a managerial level. Best part was the freedom to create your own schedule.
An ok place to work.
Watch Engineer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2015
An ok place to work, co workers, and management are good. No room for growth. Overtime is available and the company is not afraid to spend money to complete work assignments.
Love working for Cushman & Wakefield
State-Registered Appraiser Trainee (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 24, 2015
I have worked for C & W for four years now. They treat their employees exceptionally well. They have always been supportive of the work/life balance and I would highly recommend this company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman & Wakefield is the world’s largest privately‐held commercial real estate services firm. The company advises – Read more

Cushman and Wakefield Photos

My hair is shorter now & I believe looks more professsional.