Working as part of the Global IT team, the Desk Side Support Analyst is responsible for the ongoing support of Local Office Systems providing Second Line support for IT related issues including application support for core applications.
Responsibilities will include providing desk side and remote support, administration, installations & moves etc providing 2nd line support, in response to incidents and requests escalated from the Global IT Service Desk (GSD).
They will follow the C&W incident, change, configuration and project management processes to agreed Service Level Targets. This may require occasional travel to other offices in support of the C&W IT infrastructure.
- To provide exceptional technical support to end users in a Windows based computer environment for all hardware and software requirements, such as: desktops, laptops, mobile devices, phones, printers and all other peripherals
- To ensure adherence to IT Processes and Standards to meet client expectations and that all decisions are based on the IT Strategy
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining asset lists for the CW IT Infrastructure
- Ensuring that procurement, upgrade, cascade, refresh and decommissioning of infrastructure assets occur in a timely and efficient manner
- Order, Manage, Monitor and Maintain a stock of IT equipment
- Responsible for server room and data centre management, including power requirements, temperature monitoring and tape handling
- Create and distribute training materials for existing and new systems, and provide training sessions when appropriate
Desk Side Support Responsibilities
- Remote Support – Provide remote technical support to, but not limited to all C&W offices across Canada. Travel will be required at times between full and satellite offices.
- PC Support – Installation, setup, configuration of PC hardware – installation of any peripheral devices as necessary – continued support of same at all times and training as necessary
- Mobile Device Support – Setup and configuration of mobile phones and tablets and continued support for the devices at all times
- Multi Function Printer and Fax Support – Installation, setup and configuration of all printers, scanners and fax machines – [every effort is made to have all printers connected to the C&W network for standardization] – continued support of same at all times.
- Software Support – Installation, setup and configuration for many types of licensed software – including, but not limited to: MS Windows, MS Office (incl. Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc), Blackberry Desktop Manager, Citrix Program Neighborhood, Argus, Maximizer, ACT, Salesforce, Adobe Acrobat, Backup Exec) – first-level training on some of these products.
- LAN Support – Local Office intra-office cabling – First-level support/’Hands-on’ support for Switches, Hubs and Routers situated on-site.
- Active Directory – User account and group maintenance
- Server Support – Local Office file and print and backup servers
- Backup Tape Handling – Insert, replace and handle backup tapes based on daily and weekly backup schedules. Ship tapes to offsite facilities and document tape handling based on auditing procedures.
- Phone Support – Add or change hardware as required including support, training, configuration, maintenance, liaising with 3rd parties to resolve issues.
- Administration – maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of Hardware and Software installed in the office.
- Meeting Assistance – Assist with setting up computers, TV and/or projector and Internet access for presentations. Connect boardrooms, computers and phones to video, audio and web conferences.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors, external contractors, project team members and internal staff to ensure that C&W IT standards are met in hardware, software and policies and procedures.
- Other Tasks as Assigned by Management and requests escalated by the Global Service Desk.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC and server operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including Cisco switches and Routers.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware, software and networking issues as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities and projects/initiatives simultaneous in a high-pressure environment and escalating where appropriate to the Regional Service Manager
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Cushman & Wakefield is the world’s largest privately‐held commercial real estate services firm. The company advises and...