Cummins Western Canada Employee Reviews

Busy Environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 26, 2015
Very structured environment, and can be very busy.

It's a very large company so you can feel a bit like only a number depending on who your Branch Manager is.
Pros
International Company with great opportunities.
Cons
A lot of decisions not made at Branch Level
Developmental Opportunities
OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 25, 2015
- Excellent environment to grow within an established corporate structure
- Cummins recognizes performance and employee contributions
productive and positive work environment.
Work Experiance at Cummins Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCOctober 12, 2015
Working at Cummins as a work experience student was an absolute treat. all of the employees and management staff are unbelievable!
good to work outside and meet customers
feild service generator technition (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 11, 2015
start at shop at 7:30 am , down load work orders and cust contact info , load required parts and supplies , travel to site , perform duties and inform cust of results , fill in electronic data for office to bill and send to customer . Co-workers were great and supported each other well. Long hours most days were getting hard . Was nice to meet people and solve their problems .
Pros
was the site boss and meeting people
Cons
long hours and bad weather
Former employee
Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  BCJuly 21, 2015
Totally inept management. Was belittled and put down almost daily, to the point of being put on anti-depressants. This progressively ruined me, to the point of termination.

Decent salary in a union environment, though nobody knows why we were Operating Engineers, when we don't operate any equipment.
Pros
Clean, well kept facility
Cons
Many. Soooo many.
being only temp was great
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 11, 2015
Just great people to work with them. It was a very busy environment, I enjoyed that. I was always busy in one way or another. Never a dual moment
Good work environment
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 24, 2015
while working at cummins western canada they had a very good work environment. All of the co-workers i had would always help me out if i need a hand or if i didn't understand something
great place to work
SERVICE WRITER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2014
Cummins is a Great company and it's a big company. everybody is really friendly
Pros
good benifit and pesion and great working hours
Cons
too far from home
The reality
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJune 16, 2014
Western Cummins Canada, there's been so many turn overs of employees name tags should be required.
Pros
there are none
Cons
there are many
CWC
Heavy Duty Engine Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 16, 2014
Big crew of field techs, management could use help.. Learned on my own, onboarding was just not there at all. Small shop that grew really bigger in a year. Still has issues, but still good place to work.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
management sucks
Forced to chase irrelevant metrics instead of being productive.
Field Service Supervisor - Power Generation (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 11, 2013
The people I worked with were, for the most part, pretty good. Like any workplace there was the usual politics & backstabbing but overall not too bad. Our so called manager never did anything to promote team spirit and actively sought to drive wedges between departments. His lack of leadership & even competence was on display every day.
Every month we were forced to audit some failed metric from the previous month with little or no explanation as to it's relevance. Any criticism or questioning of the metric is met with indignation;
"How dare you question the Great Oz!" was the perception. I got the impression that nobody really knew what the answers were but didn't want to admit it.

All in all, a pretty disappointing experience after great hype.
Pros
got to leave early to read with my son's class weekly
Cons
poor leadership, average wages but 24/7 availability expectation.