Culligan Water Employee Reviews in Canada

Terrible organization
CSR (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMarch 15, 2016
I didn't work at Culligan long. A month and a half. In the first week I noticed how bad the company is run. I'd never work somewhere so unorganized. The owners daughter can yell at you and put you down and that is ok because it's the owners daughter. They don't properly train you and pass blame to anyone they can. After working there a month I was about to go on stress leave when wrongfully dismissed due to other people's unintelligence. I wouldn't work for them again between the terrible pay and hours being critized and put down it's not work the pain or the headache you go home with.
Cons
Customer Service Representative assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2016
The only good thing about this company is very few who work there. The good ones make going to work there very easy. The others well.... No matter how many times you bring it to a supervisors attention they still continue to work there even tho they should have been fired months before.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Everything else
fort mcmurray location
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 8, 2016
unorganized, the fort mcmurray location doesn't let you have a life at home, but if the supervisors want to go on break.. they push there work load onto the drivers. very pore communication between office and drivers
Pros
free water
Cons
supervisor pushs his work onto everone else and adds runs to people that he doesnt like
free water
Service Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 3, 2016
Great place to work. if you are willing to work really hard then you will fit in. very stressful and very fast pace. management try their best to help out staff members and will do bbqs to keep the moral up
Pros
staff
typical work day
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 21, 2016
serious work environment. tight dead lines. lots of jokes and laughs well your working hard to make the deadlines posted everyday. not for the faint of heart.
Great!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Interactive senior management. Growth potential for those who put forth the effort and are willing to learn.
Flexible hours, employer paid benefits.
decent place to learn
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  cambridge onOctober 13, 2015
Culligan Water is a great place to learn and develop but not a place for a rewarding career. this is a great place to come from but not to venture towards for anyone serious about their career.
Drinking Water Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioOctober 7, 2015
Poor management... too much role playing and time in the office. Manager loved to hear himself talk. 50 to 60 doors a day is way to much to expect. Especially when you are training half the day.
Very heavy lifting but overall a good job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONOctober 22, 2015
My typical day consisting of sorting the deliveries and loading the truck, deliver the water to the days customers, when I returned to the shop I unloaded the truck, took inventory. At the end of each day had to do the counts for the days work and submit to my manager via email.
Thumbs up for corporate - thumbs down for franchise
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 23, 2014
Way too much to do and no time to do it in. Little to no appreciation for hard work. Problems with staff retention can be traced back to not investing enough time and money where it's needed.
Co-workers are a real plus as are middle management, but you are always watching your back. I lost track of how many people I saw get fired or quit.
Not all branches are equal, other locations have fantastic support. Everyone, ultimately, has to dance to the tune of the current ownership. They seems either too focused on the bottom line on this month's balance sheet, or are clueless in managing different business models. Working here is like winning a ticket for the Titanic - looks good, but you know how it's going to end.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
clueless company direction
I really enjoyed working at Culligan. It seemed more like a family.
Account Adjustment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 23, 2015
I worked here for 12 years and enjoyed every minute of it. The atmosphere was quite relaxed. My managers/supervisors were the best. My co-workers were like my family.
Great Place
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 20, 2015
This is a great place to work with a very tight staff. I have been with this company for over two years and have had a great experience.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton ONApril 27, 2015
Culligan was a good learning process for my career but not where I would like to continue my work progression. Culligan is a local water company and I provided customer service for customers. I changed water filtration systems, and proceeded customers in their check-outs when paying for their water.
Great job
Independent residential sales representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener ONFebruary 7, 2013
I really enjoyed this job. You worked y9our own hours and were paid for how hard you worked. I was paid well. The only negative is that its all based on self motivation
Pros
work your own schedule
Cons
no job security
Great management team with a solid founadtion in sales.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 10, 2013
The workday always starts with a team meeting led by Supervisor. Daily goals are set and yesterdays goals are discussed. Goals are realistic and time manageable. The hardest part of the job was making a sale because not everyone wants to have soft water.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Fun co-workers, fun job, excellent salary.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaAugust 31, 2012
All Staff were super friendly, and helpful. Management was always there to listen to any concerns, resolve issues with all employees.
Co-workers were encouraging and had a positive attitude to make a enjoyable workplace. I have gained valuable knowledge/experience from working with Culligan, such as customer service, time managment skills, Forklift/truck driving experience, Inventory Control, and much more.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  calgary,abApril 25, 2015
not much room to move up, somewhat unorganized , great people , can get very busy . same thing over and over again . not a job if you don't want to answer phones all the time
Pros
good people
Cons
hours
Looking for work closer to my family in Oshawa
Warehouse Hand, Load (Current Employee) –  McMurray, ONMarch 20, 2015
I like this job but want to come back home to Oshawa . Ft. McMurray is just too far from my family .

I work in a warehouse , loading and unloading trucks .
Great Company
Materials Handler (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 18, 2013
One of the best companies you would ever work for. The community is the best and the people work hard. Managers are great !
Pros
great comapny
Cons
few hours
Busy and challenging place to work
Sales Coordinator, Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ENGJanuary 21, 2013
Doing up reports first thing in the morning, answering phones and directing calls or helping customers with their billing. I learned how to solve many different problem situations. The hardest part of my job was to make sure all contracts were filled out properly and that they got keyed properly. Co workers were a lot of fun to be with.