Culligan Water Employee Reviews

Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2017
Was a good place to work for until the Calgary Branch Manager took over and started threatening employees by bullying them and treating them like children. Then he would take all the credit for the work you have done and make himself look like the hero to get himself farther ahead and get a new shiney truck out of the deal.
Pros
great group of coworkers
Cons
Shady Managment
good people/ really hard work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 May 2017
good people, friendly envoirnment, the work is just very very hard. makes doing physical activity out side of work challenging. in busy season almost impossible
Great place to work!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 May 2017
I answered the phones and emails.
Assisted customers with purchases and help them carry water to their cars.
Management was friendly
Hardest part of the job is that it wasn't busy all of the time.
My most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. I enjoy interacting with people.
not fun place to work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 April 2017
all i can write is stay away from this company.i enjoyed a physical job and was making more sales than other senior drivers.general manager has called me to the office and terminated my employment for childish reason.they cutting in routes.but within 2 hours they posted job offer here.you have to sleep your way up if you want to advance.specially in brantford location.if you decide it to apply in brantford culligan,watch out
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Hard work but good pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 March 2017
Pays very well, including benefits. Got fired for being sick for 2 days, company hired new employee when i returned from sick leave. unfairly fired and now compensated.
Pros
Free coffee, Good Atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, Heavy Lifting
Very poor management!!!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2017
Edmonton's management is a joke!! DO NOT...and I repeat...DO NOT apply for a position there. There is extreme favouritism and extreme lack of communication.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
the only good thing to say about the company is they have some very nice customers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 February 2017
Customers can be very nice and helpful or complete and call and complain about you for no good reason.
Company does not stand up for there drivers
Managment gets mad at you for doing your job, always have something to complain about what you're doing wrong, there is no right with them. Even when you get more customer compliments that call in and say how wonderful you are you get in trouble. terrible pay they will only give you half the commision rate they claimed they would pay you. extremely high turnover rate. There fleet is extremely outdated and overworked terrible condition. replaces old trucks with the absolute cheapest. does not fix there trucks even when unsafe because they dont want to pay for them. i have talked to 2 ex employees and they have worse things to say than i do. Company treats there employees like garbage. Kingston is way better and bigger. Better trucks and 50 more than belleville and treats there employees like they should.
Pros
free water bottles when working
Cons
never have a set end time. some days are 12 hours some are 3 hours
Proffessional work place, great staff, lots of work made days go fast
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
I enjoyed my time at Culligan water, It was unfortunate when about 10 of us got laid off the same day. The work load was large but made my days go fast. It was difficult sitting at a desk for 8 hours as I am used to working in Food and Beverage ( on my feet all day) . I am an active person with lots of energy.
Pros
free water cooler aftr 3 months, free coffee/tea ( full benefits with sunlife)
Cons
sitting at a desk for 8 hours straight
Terribly unorganized and overrated
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 January 2017
Don't waste your time in applying to culligan they will break your back or knees with the amount of workload.
Unsafe
They expect you to devote life to manually delivering over priced salt and water.
Lots of stairs.
Its 75% manual labour 25% driving.
If you address an issue to management it goes unheard and ignored.
Pros
Cons
long hours, under paid
Great place to Work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
Fun place to work as we are all like family and will be lifetime friends. I have changed roles many times over my time here. I have went from CSR to service coordinator and the warehouse/inventory supervisor and now office/inventory supervisor.
Pros
life time friends
Cons
cannot advance
Service Technician
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2016
Great job, always doing something new every day, working with your hands. Customers alwys trying to get free/discounted parts or labour on equipment..
Pros
had a work truck
Cons
on call every other week
Warehouse work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 October 2016
Decent pace to work, worked on the machines and loading water. The company was sold to new owners and work was cut down, leaving lot's of employees being laid off.
Na
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
i scheduled all the service techs, for daily and weekly jobs, maintained the tech calendars daily to ensure the routing was done correctly, I spoke to Customers to book the time the the Tech to come out and to get better details of work needed to be completed.
benefits
Cons
Management, Lack of communication, no advancement opportunities
Fast paced, good family like workplace environment
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 September 2016
Culligan of Sudbury was a great place to work. The staff are very nice and treat you like you are family.

It's a fast paced business that let's you meet a lot of new faces and interact with customers on a regular basis.
Pros
Good paying job
Cons
Hard to catch up on deliveries if taken time off for holidays
culligan is great , Caissen the current franchize owner is terrible
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
toxic environment ,no support ,treated like dirt, other drivers are a great bunch of guys, trucks are ok, work is good, work only Monday to Friday, 7 am to 4pm
typical work day
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 August 2016
serious work environment. tight dead lines. lots of jokes and laughs well your working hard to make the deadlines posted everyday. not for the faint of heart.
fort mcmurray location
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 August 2016
unorganized, the fort mcmurray location doesn't let you have a life at home, but if the supervisors want to go on break.. they push there work load onto the drivers. very pore communication between office and drivers
Pros
free water
Cons
supervisor pushs his work onto everone else and adds runs to people that he doesnt like
Customer Service Representative assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2016
The only good thing about this company is very few who work there. The good ones make going to work there very easy. The others well.... No matter how many times you bring it to a supervisors attention they still continue to work there even tho they should have been fired months before.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Everything else
free water
Service Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2016
Great place to work. if you are willing to work really hard then you will fit in. very stressful and very fast pace. management try their best to help out staff members and will do bbqs to keep the moral up
Pros
staff
Terrible organization
CSR (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 March 2016
I didn't work at Culligan long. A month and a half. In the first week I noticed how bad the company is run. I'd never work somewhere so unorganized. The owners daughter can yell at you and put you down and that is ok because it's the owners daughter. They don't properly train you and pass blame to anyone they can. After working there a month I was about to go on stress leave when wrongfully dismissed due to other people's unintelligence. I wouldn't work for them again between the terrible pay and hours being critized and put down it's not work the pain or the headache you go home with.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culligan Water. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7