Culligan International

Culligan International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Produtive
Sales (Former Employee), Paso Robles, CAMay 3, 2013
Pros: ..
Cons: ...
it was just for a short amount of time . I learned how to give change back . The mangement was good . It was a simple job .
great work place
Regional Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 27, 2013
good company, able to perform to my fullest good benefits, good salary
VERY DIRTY SHADY PEOPLE TO WORK FOR!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), MorrisvilleApril 17, 2013
They were always lying to customers to get them to purchase additional equipment. For instance, if a customer's softener needed more material in it to function properly, they would send a technician that was commission based on anything they sold out to tell you that you needed a complete new system. The tech made commission and the business wrongfully – more... took your money! – less
Very fast paced, high intensity work enviroment.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 15, 2013
Pros: working with the staff
Cons: expensive healthcare
A typical day of work consisted of working with customers, answering questions, and scheduling appointments. I learned how to manage my time according to deadlines, as well as better communication with staff and, management. The Staff is very dependent, hard working, and friendly to work with.
ABSOLUTELY "NO" INTEGRITY AT CULLIGAN
"former" Route Sales/Delivery driver (Former Employee), Herculaneum, MOMarch 20, 2013
Cons: service manager and general manager
I was lied to by the Service Manager, General Manager, and insulted and harrassed by the individual, assigned to train me!
There is an "inner circle" (aka: good ol' boys club) there (Herculaneum, Missouri location) and if they don't like you, you don't stand a chance of surviving as an employee!
It's ok for THEM to harrass and insult you but when you – more... attempt to stand up and defend yourself, you're done....talk about "double standards"!
There is NO integrity there whatsoever.....it's a joke! – less
Fun place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NYMarch 11, 2013
Pros: customer service, different jobs duties benefit plan was good
Cons: management always changing, no advancement.
A typical day, was handling incoming mail, deposit, answering phones, petty cash, payroll, placing new customers on the routes, accounts payable., placing orders for new product--management was always changing, had 5-6 General Managers the four years I worked there, Enjoyable part of the job was the different aspects of the position.
fast pace work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 1, 2013
I operating mold ingexcion machine and triming the parts cheking for san defects on them, and stock in the box
relaxed enviroment, family style co-workers
Service Manager/Technician (Current Employee), Albion, MIFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: good health benefits, freedom to come and go if the need arrises.
Cons: physical demands are becomeing too much.
the enviroment of employment is enjoyable, family style atmosphere.Working with the public is enjoyable for the most part, and being outdoors during the summer is excellent. The physical demands are becomeing a bit much for me after being employed for over 23 years of delivering salt and softners, some of which are over 200lbs, up and down stairs to – more... basements. Time for a change, and work towards a retirement plan, of which there is no retirement plan in place at the current company. – less
Linelead (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: free gatorade in hot weather
Cons: non air condition
Great place to work and excellent benefits. It was a manufacturing job, I was responsible for ten worker making sure they meet required goals daily.The hardest part was working in heat.
It was a productive and easy going job.
Route Salesman (Former Employee), East Orange, NJJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: always finishing early
Cons: the commute to work
Enjoyed my time there, dealing with my customers making sure all services were being met and that they were satisfy with the service that i was providing.
Fast Paced and engaging work place
General Sales Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: good learning environment and time to train sales reps.
Cons: not always the most organized environment
-Work with Sales Reps inside and outside training and development
-Full P&L responsibility
-National sales Director worked offsite and limited accesability
-Full otonimy as long as results were produced
-Good cross functional interaction with other Managers
-Enjoyed seeing people develop and exceed based on my training and development
-Hardest part – more... of job was constant unplanned conference calls – less
Difficult job to do because of the management.
Sales Representative/Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Irving TXJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: free water cooler service.
Cons: not enough pay for the work performed.
A typical day at work for me starts with me mapping my route. Performing various inventory and vehicle checklists and having my manager verify them. I've learned that time management is crucial. The management could be alot better if they were'n't so cheap and had a little more common sense. My coworkers are pretty cool and fun to work with. The hardest – more... part of the job is playing the median between the management and the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the day. – less
Credit/Collections Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: not enought over-time
i love tis job , anawer phone, sales, collections. i worked close with driver and service techs.
Great place to work!
Sales/Office Manager (Former Employee), Hilton Head, SCJanuary 4, 2013
I enjoyed working at Culligan, I learned more about myself at this job than any other job I have ever had. There really was anything hard about the job I enjoyed going to work, and the people I worked for. I loved my job.
Outside Sales dealing with construction professionals
Commercial/Industrial Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2012
Pros: steady
Cons: no advancement
Enjoyable with little or no room for advancement.
I make my own schedule and work directly with contractors and suppiers.
Always make my monthly qoutas 100% of the time
All work and all blame go down hill.
Parts Manager / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Olathe, KSSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: your back stops hurting after 3 to 4 weks.
Cons: you never really get a pay raise.
Did not enjoy working there but I did enjoy some of the employees.
I enjoyed my time at Culligan.
Route Driver (Former Employee), Franklin, INSeptember 18, 2012
My typical day consisted of delivering products to customers’ homes or places of business. Completing minor repairs to equipment and assisting with the installation of new equipment as needed.
I learned about water softeners and how to navigate county roads.
I did not spend much time with my co-workers due to the nature of our positions.
The hardest – more... part of this job was the extent of the physical activity involved with the position.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to prove my work ethic without consistent immediate supervision. – less
Customer service, great employers, great flexibility.Steady work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: great employer-employee relations
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Great job, enjoyed servicing the customers and the variety of work.
Great employer-employee relations. Lots of work for the day doing accounting. Hardest part might have been keeping up with customers immediate demand when it wasn't feasible. Most enjoyable was working with a wonderful group of employees.
Good job, Good pay, poor management.
Driver (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILAugust 29, 2012
Pros: driving and being home every night.
Cons: being fired with no proof.
Love driving to customers to give them great water. Don't like getting a bad review if it wasn't your own fault.
Relaxed and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kalispell, MTAugust 27, 2012
Pros: we got free bottles water and salt for our softeners.
Cons: there were no raises given in at least 4 years. lucky to have a job?
The job was very repetative. Customers were pleasant for the most part but enjoyed working with the public. I really liked working with everyone there. We all got along like family so it was hard to see someone go through a tough time, like a family loss for example.

About Culligan International

"Hey Culligan Man!" To be sure, the phrase made famous by an ad campaign still rings in the ears of Culligan International workers. – Read more