Culligan International

Culligan International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
relaxed enviroment, family style co-workers
Service Manager/Technician (Current Employee), Albion, MIFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: good health benefits, freedom to come and go if the need arrises.
Cons: physical demands are becomeing too much.
the enviroment of employment is enjoyable, family style atmosphere.Working with the public is enjoyable for the most part, and being outdoors during the summer is excellent. The physical demands are becomeing a bit much for me after being employed for over 23 years of delivering salt and softners, some of which are over 200lbs, up and down stairs to – more... basements. Time for a change, and work towards a retirement plan, of which there is no retirement plan in place at the current company. – less
Linelead (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: free gatorade in hot weather
Cons: non air condition
Great place to work and excellent benefits. It was a manufacturing job, I was responsible for ten worker making sure they meet required goals daily.The hardest part was working in heat.
It was a productive and easy going job.
Route Salesman (Former Employee), East Orange, NJJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: always finishing early
Cons: the commute to work
Enjoyed my time there, dealing with my customers making sure all services were being met and that they were satisfy with the service that i was providing.
Fast Paced and engaging work place
General Sales Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: good learning environment and time to train sales reps.
Cons: not always the most organized environment
-Work with Sales Reps inside and outside training and development
-Full P&L responsibility
-National sales Director worked offsite and limited accesability
-Full otonimy as long as results were produced
-Good cross functional interaction with other Managers
-Enjoyed seeing people develop and exceed based on my training and development
-Hardest part – more... of job was constant unplanned conference calls – less
Difficult job to do because of the management.
Sales Representative/Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Irving TXJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: free water cooler service.
Cons: not enough pay for the work performed.
A typical day at work for me starts with me mapping my route. Performing various inventory and vehicle checklists and having my manager verify them. I've learned that time management is crucial. The management could be alot better if they were'n't so cheap and had a little more common sense. My coworkers are pretty cool and fun to work with. The hardest – more... part of the job is playing the median between the management and the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the day. – less
Credit/Collections Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: not enought over-time
i love tis job , anawer phone, sales, collections. i worked close with driver and service techs.
Great place to work!
Sales/Office Manager (Former Employee), Hilton Head, SCJanuary 4, 2013
I enjoyed working at Culligan, I learned more about myself at this job than any other job I have ever had. There really was anything hard about the job I enjoyed going to work, and the people I worked for. I loved my job.
Outside Sales dealing with construction professionals
Commercial/Industrial Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2012
Pros: steady
Cons: no advancement
Enjoyable with little or no room for advancement.
I make my own schedule and work directly with contractors and suppiers.
Always make my monthly qoutas 100% of the time
All work and all blame go down hill.
Parts Manager / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Olathe, KSSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: your back stops hurting after 3 to 4 weks.
Cons: you never really get a pay raise.
Did not enjoy working there but I did enjoy some of the employees.
I enjoyed my time at Culligan.
Route Driver (Former Employee), Franklin, INSeptember 18, 2012
My typical day consisted of delivering products to customers’ homes or places of business. Completing minor repairs to equipment and assisting with the installation of new equipment as needed.
I learned about water softeners and how to navigate county roads.
I did not spend much time with my co-workers due to the nature of our positions.
The hardest – more... part of this job was the extent of the physical activity involved with the position.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to prove my work ethic without consistent immediate supervision. – less
Customer service, great employers, great flexibility.Steady work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: great employer-employee relations
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Great job, enjoyed servicing the customers and the variety of work.
Great employer-employee relations. Lots of work for the day doing accounting. Hardest part might have been keeping up with customers immediate demand when it wasn't feasible. Most enjoyable was working with a wonderful group of employees.
Good job, Good pay, poor management.
Driver (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILAugust 29, 2012
Pros: driving and being home every night.
Cons: being fired with no proof.
Love driving to customers to give them great water. Don't like getting a bad review if it wasn't your own fault.
Relaxed and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kalispell, MTAugust 27, 2012
Pros: we got free bottles water and salt for our softeners.
Cons: there were no raises given in at least 4 years. lucky to have a job?
The job was very repetative. Customers were pleasant for the most part but enjoyed working with the public. I really liked working with everyone there. We all got along like family so it was hard to see someone go through a tough time, like a family loss for example.
Highly productive, and motivational.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2012
Pros: working one on one with customers and clients
Competitive business, highly skilled techs and sales associates, Definitely a can-do office mentality. A typical work day could entail, negotiations, business contracts, tele sales, and account maintenance via emails and phone. Most challenging are corporate and client negotiations, while the most enjoyable are the clients and success stories.
This employment the Management interact with his employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 1, 2012
Pros: meet productivity goals have parties for it.
Cons: short breaks no money
This employer the work was consistant and steady. most employers could speak little english so hard to work together.
Productive, Time Goes By Fast
5 Gallon Bottle line Operator (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 30, 2012
Pros: nice in the winter
Cons: hot in warehouse - summer
Loading 1,000 + Bottles Daily In Racks
Working With Enjoyable Co-Workers
Hardest Part Is When The Machine Breaks Down
Best Part Is When It's Running
Very busy office, assisted all employees and customers. Assisted Office Manager and all Sales Force as needed.
RECEPTIONIST/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJuly 27, 2012
Pros: great group of people, location, good benefits, excellent products.
Cons: ok salary, bad with compensation/reviews, understaffed, and not very good management.
Handled heavy volume of incoming calls. Processed all accounts receivable payments, posted all money to customer accounts, prepared all bank deposits. Greeted and assisted all incoming customers throughout the day, filing, ordered supplies, very good at multi tasking. Always a team player, willing to help and always went the extra mile to satisfy the – more... customer to the best of my ability. – less
All staff were fun to work with, like family
Service Co-ordinator (Former Employee), High Wycombe, BuckingshireJuly 10, 2012
Pros: social nights out with the company
A typical day at Culligans would be, contacting engineers for updates regarding their jobs, answering calls to customers, dealing with other departments including, sales and credit control.

I learnt how to use different systems including sage, invoicing customers, how to organise jobs for different areas of the country.

My co-workers and management – more... were all very friendly and helpful, never too busy to help. The company would arrange social night out, example bowling.

The hardest part of the job would be completing all SLA's, 99% of the time we were able to send an engineer out within the SLA, but on the odd occasion it would be impossible to send an engineer out within the time frame, due to distance and the number of job's already booked. All critical jobs took priority, for example if the property was flooding.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was the satisfaction of knowing that all jobs were completed to the highest standard and that Commercial and Domestic customers were happy with the service, leaving work at the end of the day knowing I have given it my 110%. – less
Rewarding career
General Manager (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYJune 30, 2012
Pros: many incentive and reward programs
Cons: not enough hours in the day
A typical day at work involved setting routes and preparing drivers for their day. Also reviewing services calls and results, meeting with salesmen and preparing them for their appointments, meeting with the office staff and reviewing procedures for the day. I also met with the owner most days to review all the above. It was an exciting and fast paced – more... business and very rewarding – less
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 7, 2012
Make outbound call to customers to advise them if their appointments.

Transfer calls to sales agents.

My co-workers and management were actually great.

The hardest part of the job was getting a raise.

About Culligan International

"Hey Culligan Man!" To be sure, the phrase made famous by an ad campaign still rings in the ears of Culligan International workers. – Read more