Cubic Corporation

Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
TVs for breaks, ping pong tables something to keep your mind at ease.
quality control (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2014
Pros: they always gave appreciation luncheons for a job well done.
Cons: short lunch breaks, but i got use to it
I think this company was a great company to work for. I really hated when it moved all the jobs to Mexico. My co worker was helpful and nice to work with. Management doors was always open no matter what the problem.
Productive and fun place to be
Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
Great company to work for. The people are what make the company.
A fulfilling position, assisting in the training of troops.
JIIM Specialist,Civilian On Battlefield Roleplayer (Current Employee), Fort Polk North, LAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: do not work every month
A fulfilling position, adding real time training with the army units, before they deploy.
My position is to have contact with the rotational units, presenting a series of problems for them to resolve, using the training and protocols they have already used.
Most recently, I have portrayed a Charity Relief Organisation, my dealings with the unit produce – more... a conflict of interest for them between the mission and their own humanitarian relief.
My position requires a lot of research in order to produce informed and coherent arguments and reports when meeting the civil affairs teams.
Most of what I do is free play, not scripted. I find this interesting as often I have to keep my wits about me and think on my feet as the meetings progress, for better or worse.
I take a lot of pride and job satisfaction in creating the same problems that they are likely to face on deployment, so that the troops will not make the same mistakes and come home safely. – less
Training wasnt enough. mamagement and leads lie
call center (Former Employee), tullahoma tnOctober 21, 2014
Pros: not far from home
Cons: not enough training then dismisses for performance
Worked through staffing to get the job. Was told had 6 weeks to 6 months of training to learn more about company and get training needed to improve. First two weeks was in a class room with trainer who spoke more about cell phones than the job. During training turned ungodly music on and when was told couldn't concentrate, trainer laughed said we wouldn't – more... make it out on floor if we couldn't handle that. Was given one week by myself on floor with leads and main supervisor telling me to take my time and give them 6 wks before questioning if I could do it or not. After exactly 30 days was let go with no warning. They all lied!!!! Immature people work there and if you don't celebrate their holidays and decorate your desk and dress up however they state then that makes you not a team player. They put on a good show when you first start to make you think its the best company. But you will quickly learn if you're not their type then you're out. Wouldn't suggest working in Tullahoma TN. – less
Some good some bad
IT (Former Employee), Salfords, SurreyOctober 10, 2014
Pros: if you work hard, likely you will get somewhere
Cons: company culture, management structure
Overall there are opportunities to be had, however some question marks over senior management.
Outstanding Workplace
Tutor / Instructor (Former Employee), El PasoSeptember 17, 2014
Started as an instructor with this company. Very employee orientated company that specialized in the training of our fellow service members
I enjoyed building training simulators.
Senior Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: air conditioned enviroment
Cons: there were no cons.
A typical day was getting the materials and parts together to build a training simulator using drawings from engineers. Sometimes I would have to travel to install the training simulators. I learned a lot of how things work and what it takes to put something together. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Great place to work but the company is going through a major transition under new leadership
Principal Logistics Engineer - (Current Employee), San DiegoAugust 18, 2014
fast paced, multi-tasking, rapid changes in priorites from one day to the next. Not very deep in logistics personnel.
Productive work environment with various opporunities to grow your career
Contracts/Subcontracts/Global Trafficking Intern (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2014
Cubic is a great company that provides it's employees with great job opportunities. The benifits are great and all of the employees are kind and helpful. The jobs at Cubic are challenging and constantly evolving. Management is very approachable and willing to listen and take all ideas into consideration.
good company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Concord, CAAugust 2, 2014
Cons: not enough room for advancement
Cubic was pretty fair for everyone I beleive. strict on attendance. approval of time off within 30 days preferred.
Loved my job
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), SAn Diego CaJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great benefts
processed commercial invoices, prepared government payments, worked well with all my co-workers
Fun place to work
Clipper Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Concord, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: contest and prizes for the most sales.
Cons: company call center closing down.
over my co workers. The supervisors were amazing and great at what they do.
Working For Cubic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Concord, CAJune 19, 2014
A typical day consists of answering inbound calls, responding to customer's emails and feedbacks from the website.
Micromanaging at its finest
Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: backstabbing, favoritism
If you love being looked over while the favorite people are advancing, Cubic is the company for you. Imagine being recognized at your previous job for your excellent customer service and moving to a mediocre job where only the manager's pets are recognized. It is very dysfunctional. Leads/supervisors are non existent when a customer wants to escalate – more... an issue or if they are available they dodge taking the call. – less
Fun and productive
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), London and South East UK : Network railMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free pass to and from work
Cons: non
Great place to work.
Known as advanced intelligent technology ever applied in fare collection .

...
Great company
Electronic Field Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: not having to pay to ride the train, and seeing different areas
Cons: no room for growth is a major con
CTS is a great company, and the supervisors are very approachable. Its a place where everyone makes you feel like your a part of the family. You don't really get to enjoy any coworker interaction due to each person being assigned to there own zones with their own set of calls to deal with. A typical work day can be slow or sometimes get very hectic – more... with an onslaught of repair calls. I have learned much from being a part of this great team and I have done a lot of different jobs within the company itself. The hardest part of the job that I can see is really just calls that tend to occur in not that great of an area, where the locals might be hanging out in the area you have to work and since you don't really have anything to protect yourself it can be a little worrisome. The most enjoyable part of my day is dealing with the patrons, and being able to interact with different people throughout the day and going to different areas were you can see other places instead of being stuck in one spot all day. – less
Recently declined work environment based upon new program manager
DPM (Current Employee), San Diego CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2014
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
...Mother
Technical Illustrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2014
This was a great place to work, we had a section just for the tech illustrators and writers. It was fun and we got our work done. Management was great and worked along side everyone, not in a separate office.
Company looking ahead
Project Manager (Current Employee), SalfordsFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: carrer advancement
Cons: salary progression
Cubic is a very good company to work for in which career advancement and opportunities is not just possible but a must happen.
I started as a Workshop Engineer, fixing London Underground Gates parts and product and I am now a recognised and valued Project Manager.
I am very great full to be working for Cubic transportation Systems Limited.

Regards,
Jimmy
Not a good experience...
Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: they provide a niche service that is well ahead of the game
Cons: bad management, tyrranical leadership at times, doesn't really care about input from the bottom even in spit of their awful practices
This company bought a small consulting company I worked for and pretty much ruined our small culture. From the unrealistic demands from their leadership, to the horrendous way they ran meetings, I was pretty disenchanted from the get-go.

1 2 3

About Cubic Corporation

Who We Are Cubic is a diversified systems and services company in transportation and defense markets worldwide. We are a leading – Read more