Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

Interviewer was not professional at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/ANovember 10, 2015
This company is not a good company. Instead of interviewing the workers for work, it feels as tho you are being interrogated by an FBI agent. This company really needs to find someone better to represent them. I feel as tho the guy in charge has ran off or scared off potentially good workers.
Pros
Cons
Bad candidate to interview potential employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great company, but little advancement.
Assembler/Machine Setup Operator (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNOctober 6, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Excellent benefits, decent pay, and they do a lot for the employees (free company picnic and Christmas party). But there is little room for advancement and some of the management is questionable.
benefits
Cons
management
Do not recommend working at Tullahoma call center
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNDecember 1, 2015
The call center has a great Manager, but lower management is stuck in Junior High School. There is poor training for lower management, as there is favoritism and extremely immature behavior among them.
There is very little praise and will tell you what you did wrong or how bad you are at your job with a smile. Was promised to have weekends off during the hiring process and interview, but was told that I had to choose a weekend day to work, as "It's a requirement" for the position. And there is very, very little room for advancement in this office.
There is a call time limit (approx 5 mins per call) and that is nearly impossible due to the systems that are provided. The computers are not PCs, but simply one giant connected system that runs so slow, that the first 3 minutes of the call is just waiting for the customer's information to pull up.
Unless you are desperate for a job, I would not recommend this call center.
Pros
Paycheck, work with some decent people
Cons
Poor management, favoritism among management and workers, micromanaging, low morale
Great place to work.
Program Manager/CTC Systems Integration Officer (Former Employee) –  VilniusOctober 18, 2015
Professional managed company with technically qualified personnel with experience level unequalled in many Defense Contractor companies.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
one
Great Company
Training Analysis Facility (TAF) Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 5, 2015
Great job for veterans/retirees from the military with experience with working at NTC. For non-salary positions its typically an 8 hour work day and management is willing to work with you if you need time off.
Pros
Good managment and set work times
Cons
Long drive to work if you do not live on post and you need to be willing to work weekends.
Its an interesting place...
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  HelpdeskAugust 24, 2015
Has a lot of potential as a good place to work, the management need to consolidate ideas rather than approach individually.There is no career path at all.
Pros
Car park and near the station.
Cons
Pay structure, company does recognise its strengths.
A Day at Cubic
Settlement Accountant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 12, 2015
Currently, I am working for Cubic Transportation Systems in the area of Financial and Transaction Processing Management for Clipper Card. We manage the day-to-day operations of the clearing and settlement functions, as well as reconciliation of ACH daily transfers between financial institutions, participating operators, and other vendors.

Typical day at work consists of cross-training, majority of reconciling and clearing our GL accounts and research. A lot of our process are manual and very tedious due to system enhancements and reports currently not being automated.

I have built strong relationships with my colleagues and are always helpful as we consider ourselves ONE TEAM. When we are not hectic with schedules, we set up fun events for everyone to enjoy.
Pros
local, no commute, fair compensation
Cons
politics, minimum career growth
Energetic group of sophisticated engineers that know when to get things done and when to relax
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 25, 2015
Great company as a whole that has a definite grasp on what a customer wants and needs when it comes to a system that can benefit the public in their travels using public transportation.
Good company but bad management team.
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma TennesseeApril 16, 2015
I worked with the company for about 3 years in the call center. Management had their favorites. My manager had her bulldog that would watch your every move. If you didn't bring food or dress up for the monthly potlucks you were an outsider. Training was lacking and the systems that we worked on was very slow. They wanted us on and off the phone in 5 mins but you done good to get the customers account researched in 5 mins.Your bathroom breaks were timed and you will be talked to if you go to the bathroom to much. It is very micromanaged.
Pros
good insurance, okay pay
Cons
micromanaged, favoritism
Temp work (Former Employee) –  BrisbaneFebruary 4, 2015
Initializing Go Cards
Data Entry
Tracking of Delivery to QR Rail
Customer Service
Packing of products
Stocktake
The most enjoyable part of this Role were the hours of work, flexible, good team work culture
Learnt the procedures of distributing of the Go Card around Sth East Qld. Also learnt about the different types of cards that can be distributed
Hardest part of the job, was there was insufficient communication with the manager in charge.,
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no permanancy
Great people, good workplace.
Game Tester Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2015
Co-workers were fantastic, a great place to be if you really want to work and get things done. It has a great environment, a great building, and a great learning experience as an intern.
Pros
Amazing break room
Cons
Communication can be lacking.
outstanding company
Senior Military Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tbilisi GeorgiaMay 15, 2015
Outstanding opportunities overseas to train with foreign military and senior defense ministry level staffs. Served as the HR adviser and interacted with senior staffs at all levels in the Georgian Ministry of Defense.
Overall a great Experience
Simulation Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Camp PendletonMarch 2, 2015
If you are getting out of the military and looking for a slow transition back into the civilian world this is a great job! Unfortunately there is no room for growth and job security is very low. With that being said, Cubic Defense Applications is a great company with great benefits.
TVs for breaks, ping pong tables something to keep your mind at ease.
quality control (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2014
I think this company was a great company to work for. I really hated when it moved all the jobs to Mexico. My co worker was helpful and nice to work with. Management doors was always open no matter what the problem.
Pros
they always gave appreciation luncheons for a job well done.
Cons
short lunch breaks, but i got use to it
Productive work environment with various opporunities to grow your career
Contracts/Subcontracts/Global Trafficking Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2014
Cubic is a great company that provides it's employees with great job opportunities. The benifits are great and all of the employees are kind and helpful. The jobs at Cubic are challenging and constantly evolving. Management is very approachable and willing to listen and take all ideas into consideration.
I enjoyed building training simulators.
Senior Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
A typical day was getting the materials and parts together to build a training simulator using drawings from engineers. Sometimes I would have to travel to install the training simulators. I learned a lot of how things work and what it takes to put something together. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
air conditioned enviroment
Cons
there were no cons.
Micromanaging at its finest
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 21, 2014
If you love being looked over while the favorite people are advancing, Cubic is the company for you. Imagine being recognized at your previous job for your excellent customer service and moving to a mediocre job where only the manager's pets are recognized. It is very dysfunctional. Leads/supervisors are non existent when a customer wants to escalate an issue or if they are available they dodge taking the call.
Pros
its a job
Cons
backstabbing, favoritism
Avoid the concord CA location
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Concord caOctober 17, 2013
I worked in their call center for four months worked 60-71 hours a week from 5-6:00pm bent over backwards for management and in the end I was discriminated for being latina and gay the call center is mainly African Americans with 4 Hispanics.. They stick to their own race and pin point people to get rid of my suggestion stay away from the concord call center worst company I have ever worked for
Pros
overtime
Cons
worst company to work for... allot of turnover with employees
Contract Employment - Referral Friendly
Ventra Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 16, 2013
This office is soley based on referrals. If someone referred you, then you're bound to stick around for a long while. However, if you go in with a contract or other hiring set up, you are easily removed without coaching or warnings. There is HIGH turnaround and no real stability. There is a lot of immature people that gossip, and managers do nothing to stop the drama. Not a happy or professional workplace.
Pros
business casual dress
Cons
drama, gossip, high turnaround, no formal training, managers are unprofessional, referral = longevity in the workplace
Lead Mechanic and later an Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJuly 23, 2012
Start the day at 6:30 am and put together any trainer that we had in production. Help train new employees. Order parts that were needed.
Work closely with upper management and manufacturing engineering if there were any problems.
Coworkers worked as a team.
Learned to solve problems.
Problem with parts was probably the hardest part of the job.
Whenever everything went together nicely and accomplishment
of the trainer.
Pros
job security, benefits