Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

A bad place
Engineer (Former Employee) –  DC12 December 2016
This place plays a shell game. You get your PTO as part of your pay, they promise it in addition too it is not... most companies it is in addition too. Here you get paid up to 1860 hours you have to make up the rest, you really get nothing in return, just a lesson in program management. The 401k is below average, the health care is more expensive then most. The pm is usually more concerned with you taking leave without pay then making sure you are taken care of. Support is not something this company provides for its employees, just games and headaches. This place is just a body shop now for retired Intel community, if you are one of those you will love it. If you want to contribute to a greater good go elsewhere.
Pros
Lots of leave without pay
Cons
No communication
Middle of the Road Contracting
GSe-12, Intelligence Simulation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grafenwöhr21 November 2016
Typical contracting life. HR department is beyond horrible, the worst I've ever worked with. Stateside benefits are awful, overseas benefits are good. Pay is decent. Program management is good, but upper management is nowhere to be found. Not much job security, but that is contracting.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Benefits, Human Resources
Great Company, Bad Management
Navy Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL9 March 2017
Cubic was a stressful work environment because of inexperienced management. I generally worked 55 hours per week and constantly asked to work overtime without compensation.
Very Inconsistent
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA11 January 2017
Every low rating on here is true. The training wasn't long enough for the amount of information given. They just threw us out on the floor after only being shown the process once.

The management was inconsistent with procedures. The seasoned call agents were super loud on the floor making it impossible to hear the customer clearly, and management never corrected it. It was an awful experience. There's more but not enough space to write.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Very short lunch, long hours, poor training, management inconsistent.
Abraxas
Staff Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA8 July 2016
This company has a culture that prefers older men. Women are not treated as well as men. The program manager was unsupportive. The men they hired did nothing while the women did the work. The technical experts were subcontractors who were all excellent employees but were treated as outsiders. The program manager would make unprofessional comments to women about the way they dressed.
Pros
Paid well, benefits were good
Cons
not for women
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TN16 February 2017
This company has a buddy system. If your not in the click then be prepared to be laid off unexpectedly, treated poorly, lots of drama, people talk behind your back, nothing is private there was promised to be hired of after 1 year. Never was. Was promises job security and waa laid off due to workforce reduction. Was told many promises that were never kept.alot of stress,company was not organized
Pros
Occasional free lunches and holiday parties
Cons
Health insurance is more expensive than other places, buddy system, no holidays off, work different hours including weekends
Inconsistency
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL8 January 2017
The reason for my poor rating of Cubic is due to how inconsistent the management decisions are. The decisions are contradicting that they border the lines of blatant lying.

Focusing on a typical work day. A typical work day consisted of completing the mandated duties that you were hired to do, only to be bombarded with tasks that other teams are suppose to do. Prime examples of this would taking mandated job duties that the system admin and or service now admin are meant to do and placing them upon level 1 & 2 support.

The hardest part of the job is a manager that will not communicate on a daily basis. Management advises that their door is open but due to issues that are not work related it impact communication thus causing them to become reclusive. And when they do communicate t is never on a positive note, it is always either demeaning and or condescending.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Blatant lies that are told
Professional Government Contractor
Simulations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Base, CA23 March 2017
This was a solid work experience for a government contractor. We knew everyday what was expected of us. The pay was good, and the work was agreeable. The culture included many retired military and the feel was paramilitary--however, I should note that we were training Marines and Sailors, so the culture was appropriate.
Pros
Pay and State of the Art systems.
Cons
Not much advancement--contracts end, so security is not high.
Depressing and stressful company to work for
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canning Town North11 February 2017
Lack of relevant job training, no training courses,
(Unless your a senior engineer, who's face fits)
Incompetent, unqualified service delivery managers,
Very poor staff retention record,
Long hours,
Most enjoyable part of the job is end of a 12 hour shift.
Pros
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts
Senior Engineers lies a lot.
Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salfords, Surrey4 February 2017
Management and HR does not trust new employees and blindly follows their senior engineers, anything they say it is to be believed regardless of full CCTV evidence. New employees sacked on the baises of lies of senior engineer without any proper investigation.
Pros
Close to station.
Cons
Senior engineers lies a lot.
No room for growth or opportunity
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WA15 January 2017
Very disappointing organization to work for. Management is sub-par, no opportunity for growth within the company. Lack of communication and direction on job duties and training. Would not recommend this organization to anyone wanting to work for them on the corporate of HR side.
Do not recommend working at Tullahoma call center
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TN1 December 2015
The call center has a great Manager, but lower management is stuck in Junior High School. There is poor training for lower management, as there is favoritism and extremely immature behavior among them.
There is very little praise and will tell you what you did wrong or how bad you are at your job with a smile. Was promised to have weekends off during the hiring process and interview, but was told that I had to choose a weekend day to work, as "It's a requirement" for the position. And there is very, very little room for advancement in this office.
There is a call time limit (approx 5 mins per call) and that is nearly impossible due to the systems that are provided. The computers are not PCs, but simply one giant connected system that runs so slow, that the first 3 minutes of the call is just waiting for the customer's information to pull up.
Unless you are desperate for a job, I would not recommend this call center.
Pros
Paycheck, work with some decent people
Cons
Poor management, favoritism among management and workers, micromanaging, low morale
Very low morale with no support structure.
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL15 October 2015
During the beginning 2 months of my time with Cubic, things were great. I was getting a steady workflow and received praise several times for the work that I was doing. Then, things started to slow down and I was asked to help with documentation. During this time morale started to sink within the company as many people were finding work elsewhere. Once the documents were finished, I was once again place on my original assignment, but the workflow and praise had changed. There were several times that no work was available. During my last 2 months, I was once again moved to another project. I took over for an engineer that left the company, and was handed a project that had very little information associated with it. I then had to figure out what was going on, as the time went along, I received no direction or feedback from the project manager.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management, Focus, Morale
Productive, small team and effective
Lead Survey Engineer (Former Employee) –  Park Royal24 February 2017
I enjoyed my time with Cubic, learned new skills and enjoyed a sharp and enthusiastic team of engineers who engaged with each other and management/client teams well.
body filler
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Smith, HI22 March 2017
horrible management, they are good at putting warm bodies into chairs
disconnected management in CA, no reviews for employees, out of touch with employees in Hawaii
Interesting and adventurous
Field Technician B (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA10 December 2016
Always something different happening.Every day dealing with Royal Family members as well as Saudi Nationals, you learn patience as well as learning to work within the culture.
Pros
Dealing with a different culture
Cons
Not necessary a safe country as well doing without normal things.
Exciting yet Exhausting
Operations Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk North, LA28 February 2017
A good place to work, though during rotation the hours can take a huge toll on the body. The pay is descent, but with any job, it could always be better.
Excellent company to work for.
Director of Procurement (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TN19 October 2016
I really enjoyed working for Cubic. The Senior Management Team was very receptive to 'thinking out-of-the box' always encouraging new ideas and productive ways to change or streamline various business practices.
Pros
We worked hard; but, Cubic was a 'fun' place to work!
Cons
No cons to report.
A Day at Cubic
Settlement Accountant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CA12 June 2015
Currently, I am working for Cubic Transportation Systems in the area of Financial and Transaction Processing Management for Clipper Card. We manage the day-to-day operations of the clearing and settlement functions, as well as reconciliation of ACH daily transfers between financial institutions, participating operators, and other vendors.

Typical day at work consists of cross-training, majority of reconciling and clearing our GL accounts and research. A lot of our process are manual and very tedious due to system enhancements and reports currently not being automated.

I have built strong relationships with my colleagues and are always helpful as we consider ourselves ONE TEAM. When we are not hectic with schedules, we set up fun events for everyone to enjoy.
Pros
local, no commute, fair compensation
Cons
politics, minimum career growth
Great company
Defense Systems Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TX22 February 2017
The Cubic team run at BMC was well chosen and led by the program manager. Enough flexibility was given to employees to exceed expectations without micro managing.

2.8