Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Do not recommend working at Tullahoma call center
customer service representative (Current Employee), Tullahoma, TNDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Paycheck, work with some decent people
Cons: Poor management, favoritism among management and workers, micromanaging, low morale
The call center has a great Manager, but lower management is stuck in Junior High School. There is poor training for lower management, as there is favoritism and extremely immature behavior among them.
There is very little praise and will tell you what you did wrong or how bad you are at your job with a smile. Was promised to have weekends off during the hiring process and interview, but was told that I had to choose a weekend day to work, as "It's a requirement" for the position. And there is very, very little room for advancement in this office.
There is a call time limit (approx 5 mins per call) and that is nearly impossible due to the systems that are provided. The computers are not PCs, but simply one giant connected system that runs so slow, that the first 3 minutes of the call is just waiting for the customer's information to pull up.
Unless you are desperate for a job, I would not recommend this call center.
Interviewer was not professional at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N/A (Former Employee), N/ANovember 10, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Bad candidate to interview potential employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This company is not a good company. Instead of interviewing the workers for work, it feels as tho you are being interrogated by an FBI agent. This company really needs to find someone better to represent them. I feel as tho the guy in charge has ran off or scared off potentially good workers.
Great place to work.
Program Manager/CTC Systems Integration Officer (Former Employee), VilniusOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Work environment
Cons: one
Professional managed company with technically qualified personnel with experience level unequalled in many Defense Contractor companies.
Very low morale with no support structure.
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Management, Focus, Morale
During the beginning 2 months of my time with Cubic, things were great. I was getting a steady workflow and received praise several times for the work that I was doing. Then, things started to slow down and I was asked to help with documentation. During this time morale started to sink within the company as many people were finding work elsewhere. Once the documents were finished, I was once again place on my original assignment, but the workflow and praise had changed. There were several times that no work was available. During my last 2 months, I was once again moved to another project. I took over for an engineer that left the company, and was handed a project that had very little information associated with it. I then had to figure out what was going on, as the time went along, I received no direction or feedback from the project manager.
Great company, but little advancement.
Assembler/Machine Setup Operator (Current Employee), Tullahoma, TNOctober 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
This is a great company to work for. Excellent benefits, decent pay, and they do a lot for the employees (free company picnic and Christmas party). But there is little room for advancement and some of the management is questionable.
Its an interesting place...
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), HelpdeskAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Car park and near the station.
Cons: Pay structure, company does recognise its strengths.
Has a lot of potential as a good place to work, the management need to consolidate ideas rather than approach individually.There is no career path at all.
Energetic group of sophisticated engineers that know when to get things done and when to relax
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Concord, CAJuly 25, 2015
Great company as a whole that has a definite grasp on what a customer wants and needs when it comes to a system that can benefit the public in their travels using public transportation.
Dead End Workplace
Quality Control / Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment, Friendly Co-Workers, Low Stress
Cons: Advancement Opportunities, Abuse of Temporary Placement Systems, Favoritism
Cubic is a great place to work. People are friendly, things run fairly smoothly, and the work in itself is very stress free. The work environment is clean and quiet, with no need for any safety equipment other than ESD protection.

Cubic also abuses the temporary staffing services more than any company I've ever known of. In my time working for Cubic I was promoted two times and given very high marks on my reviews for workmanship. Setup stations and trained workers on various tasks which I also created training materials for them to follow. I applied for every full time position available at Cubic for 2.5 years and never once received even an interview. If you aren't on a personal level with management here you will never get hired. During my time working here and getting to know most of the long time employees, they all informed me on several occasions that the job postings are solely for show. Some workers have been at this facility for 5-6 years as temporary workers. I have several certifications and many years IT experience, yet was never considered for jobs I was more qualified to do than what I was doing.

In short, unless you're going to work in the offices or know the upper management personally I wouldn't recommend working for Cubic. This is not a place to start a career as you will most likely be a temporary worker for the rest of your life. I was hoping to make a career at Cubic as I loved working for the company for a long time, but eventually being abused and underpaid as a temporary worker gets old. If you want a throw-away job work here, otherwise – more... move on. – less
Great Company
Training Analysis Facility (TAF) Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Good managment and set work times
Cons: Long drive to work if you do not live on post and you need to be willing to work weekends.
Great job for veterans/retirees from the military with experience with working at NTC. For non-salary positions its typically an 8 hour work day and management is willing to work with you if you need time off.
Great people, good workplace.
Game Tester Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 13, 2015
Pros: Amazing break room
Cons: Communication can be lacking.
Co-workers were fantastic, a great place to be if you really want to work and get things done. It has a great environment, a great building, and a great learning experience as an intern.
A Day at Cubic
Settlement Accountant (Current Employee), Concord, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: local, no commute, fair compensation
Cons: politics, minimum career growth
Currently, I am working for Cubic Transportation Systems in the area of Financial and Transaction Processing Management for Clipper Card. We manage the day-to-day operations of the clearing and settlement functions, as well as reconciliation of ACH daily transfers between financial institutions, participating operators, and other vendors.

Typical day at work consists of cross-training, majority of reconciling and clearing our GL accounts and research. A lot of our process are manual and very tedious due to system enhancements and reports currently not being automated.

I have built strong relationships with my colleagues and are always helpful as we consider ourselves ONE TEAM. When we are not hectic with schedules, we set up fun events for everyone to enjoy.
outstanding company
Senior Military Advisor (Current Employee), Tbilisi GeorgiaMay 15, 2015
Outstanding opportunities overseas to train with foreign military and senior defense ministry level staffs. Served as the HR adviser and interacted with senior staffs at all levels in the Georgian Ministry of Defense.
It Gets Old Very Soon
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Organizational stiffness
Interesting business domain.
Opportunity to work with embedded development, if you're into it.
Too many non-technical managers.
Good Place to work if you like to travel.
Technician (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNApril 27, 2015
This is a good place to work. I worked with a lot of great people. I did learn a lot working here but the travel in the department I was in was very extensive.
Good company but bad management team.
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee), Tullahoma TennesseeApril 16, 2015
Pros: good insurance, okay pay
Cons: micromanaged, favoritism
I worked with the company for about 3 years in the call center. Management had their favorites. My manager had her bulldog that would watch your every move. If you didn't bring food or dress up for the monthly potlucks you were an outsider. Training was lacking and the systems that we worked on was very slow. They wanted us on and off the phone in 5 mins but you done good to get the customers account researched in 5 mins.Your bathroom breaks were timed and you will be talked to if you go to the bathroom to much. It is very micromanaged.
Good place to have worked. Learned a lot and room for advancement.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Strong Inter-Relationships, room for advancement and focus on improvement
Cons: High turnover of temporary workforce, some office politics
Cubic was a good place to have worked. Management expects a lot from the employee, but they gave a sufficient amount of time for one to learn and hone their skills. At Cubic, I wore several different hats of responsibility and I was afforded both time and training to succeed in each of my roles. Cubic manufactures revenue collection systems geared at mass transit systems throughout the world. No two systems are the same as the customers requirements vary from location to location. This creates individualized requirements for each product built and shipped which leads to multiple customer requirement profiles. In my opinion, this is both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job as every item has specific needs, whether it be packaging, documentation, specialized transportation or a chain of advanced notifications/authorizations prior to shipment. Along with good communication between departments, the employees at Cubic were great to work with. There was a real team atmosphere among all departments.
Overall a great Experience
Simulation Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee), Camp PendletonMarch 2, 2015
If you are getting out of the military and looking for a slow transition back into the civilian world this is a great job! Unfortunately there is no room for growth and job security is very low. With that being said, Cubic Defense Applications is a great company with great benefits.
Temp work (Former Employee), BrisbaneFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: no permanancy
Initializing Go Cards
Data Entry
Tracking of Delivery to QR Rail
Customer Service
Packing of products
Stocktake
The most enjoyable part of this Role were the hours of work, flexible, good team work culture
Learnt the procedures of distributing of the Go Card around Sth East Qld. Also learnt about the different types of cards that can be distributed
Hardest part of the job, was there was insufficient communication with the manager in charge.,
Ups and downs
Technician (Current Employee), MississippiJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay, pto
Cons: benefits, upper management, mobility
Upper management is nowhere to be seen, ever. My program manager is great, but above that it's a crapshoot.

Benefits are terrible, and got worse with ObamaCare. Health insurance costs are ridiculous.

Good pay, good pto.

No room for growth.
Fun place to work
language Role player (Former Employee), Fayetteville ,NCJanuary 23, 2015
Worked as interpreter, adviser, for US Army ( Special Forces )for overseas culture. ..............
Industry