Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

A bad place
Engineer (Former Employee) –  DC12 December 2016
This place plays a shell game. You get your PTO as part of your pay, they promise it in addition too it is not... most companies it is in addition too. Here you get paid up to 1860 hours you have to make up the rest, you really get nothing in return, just a lesson in program management. The 401k is below average, the health care is more expensive then most. The pm is usually more concerned with you taking leave without pay then making sure you are taken care of. Support is not something this company provides for its employees, just games and headaches. This place is just a body shop now for retired Intel community, if you are one of those you will love it. If you want to contribute to a greater good go elsewhere.
Pros
Lots of leave without pay
Cons
No communication
Middle of the Road Contracting
GSe-12, Intelligence Simulation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grafenwöhr21 November 2016
Typical contracting life. HR department is beyond horrible, the worst I've ever worked with. Stateside benefits are awful, overseas benefits are good. Pay is decent. Program management is good, but upper management is nowhere to be found. Not much job security, but that is contracting.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Benefits, Human Resources
Very Inconsistent
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA11 January 2017
Every low rating on here is true. The training wasn't long enough for the amount of information given. They just threw us out on the floor after only being shown the process once.

The management was inconsistent with procedures. The seasoned call agents were super loud on the floor making it impossible to hear the customer clearly, and management never corrected it. It was an awful experience. There's more but not enough space to write.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Very short lunch, long hours, poor training, management inconsistent.
Inconsistency
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL8 January 2017
The reason for my poor rating of Cubic is due to how inconsistent the management decisions are. The decisions are contradicting that they border the lines of blatant lying.

Focusing on a typical work day. A typical work day consisted of completing the mandated duties that you were hired to do, only to be bombarded with tasks that other teams are suppose to do. Prime examples of this would taking mandated job duties that the system admin and or service now admin are meant to do and placing them upon level 1 & 2 support.

The hardest part of the job is a manager that will not communicate on a daily basis. Management advises that their door is open but due to issues that are not work related it impact communication thus causing them to become reclusive. And when they do communicate t is never on a positive note, it is always either demeaning and or condescending.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Blatant lies that are told
Abraxas
Staff Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA8 July 2016
This company has a culture that prefers older men. Women are not treated as well as men. The program manager was unsupportive. The men they hired did nothing while the women did the work. The technical experts were subcontractors who were all excellent employees but were treated as outsiders. The program manager would make unprofessional comments to women about the way they dressed.
Pros
Paid well, benefits were good
Cons
not for women
No room for growth or opportunity
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WA15 January 2017
Very disappointing organization to work for. Management is sub-par, no opportunity for growth within the company. Lack of communication and direction on job duties and training. Would not recommend this organization to anyone wanting to work for them on the corporate of HR side.
Excellent company to work for.
Director of Procurement (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TN19 October 2016
I really enjoyed working for Cubic. The Senior Management Team was very receptive to 'thinking out-of-the box' always encouraging new ideas and productive ways to change or streamline various business practices.
Pros
We worked hard; but, Cubic was a 'fun' place to work!
Cons
No cons to report.
Interesting and adventurous
Field Technician B (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA10 December 2016
Always something different happening.Every day dealing with Royal Family members as well as Saudi Nationals, you learn patience as well as learning to work within the culture.
Pros
Dealing with a different culture
Cons
Not necessary a safe country as well doing without normal things.
Do not recommend working at Tullahoma call center
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TN1 December 2015
The call center has a great Manager, but lower management is stuck in Junior High School. There is poor training for lower management, as there is favoritism and extremely immature behavior among them.
There is very little praise and will tell you what you did wrong or how bad you are at your job with a smile. Was promised to have weekends off during the hiring process and interview, but was told that I had to choose a weekend day to work, as "It's a requirement" for the position. And there is very, very little room for advancement in this office.
There is a call time limit (approx 5 mins per call) and that is nearly impossible due to the systems that are provided. The computers are not PCs, but simply one giant connected system that runs so slow, that the first 3 minutes of the call is just waiting for the customer's information to pull up.
Unless you are desperate for a job, I would not recommend this call center.
Pros
Paycheck, work with some decent people
Cons
Poor management, favoritism among management and workers, micromanaging, low morale
Very low morale with no support structure.
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL15 October 2015
During the beginning 2 months of my time with Cubic, things were great. I was getting a steady workflow and received praise several times for the work that I was doing. Then, things started to slow down and I was asked to help with documentation. During this time morale started to sink within the company as many people were finding work elsewhere. Once the documents were finished, I was once again place on my original assignment, but the workflow and praise had changed. There were several times that no work was available. During my last 2 months, I was once again moved to another project. I took over for an engineer that left the company, and was handed a project that had very little information associated with it. I then had to figure out what was going on, as the time went along, I received no direction or feedback from the project manager.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management, Focus, Morale
A Day at Cubic
Settlement Accountant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CA12 June 2015
Currently, I am working for Cubic Transportation Systems in the area of Financial and Transaction Processing Management for Clipper Card. We manage the day-to-day operations of the clearing and settlement functions, as well as reconciliation of ACH daily transfers between financial institutions, participating operators, and other vendors.

Typical day at work consists of cross-training, majority of reconciling and clearing our GL accounts and research. A lot of our process are manual and very tedious due to system enhancements and reports currently not being automated.

I have built strong relationships with my colleagues and are always helpful as we consider ourselves ONE TEAM. When we are not hectic with schedules, we set up fun events for everyone to enjoy.
Pros
local, no commute, fair compensation
Cons
politics, minimum career growth
Good work place
Command and Control systems integrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL8 October 2016
Good work place, The people are knowledgeable and professional.

Good location and easy commute to work.

A typical day of work is building websites, creating new users and ensuring that the systems are working.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Weather
not the best
Counselor (Former Employee) –  South Mountain, PA13 February 2016
poor management, can be dangerous due to low staffing. does not provide you with clinical advancement. Very low pay considering the job duties and education requirements.
Great company, but little advancement.
Assembler/Machine Setup Operator (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TN6 October 2015
This is a great company to work for. Excellent benefits, decent pay, and they do a lot for the employees (free company picnic and Christmas party). But there is little room for advancement and some of the management is questionable.
benefits
Cons
management
Productive, innovative environment with great employees and products
Artist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL27 June 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Cubic. The employees are great and the projects there are very innovative. They make efforts to ensure their employees are comfortable at work. I learned a vast amount of knowledge for Character and Hard Surface modeling as well as Terrain creation, and using various game engines.
cook
cook in South Mountain (Former Employee) –  South Mountain, PA11 July 2016
Abraxas is a different kind of work environment. I cooked the clients. and did prep work,and cleaning. But you need to be ready if a client act up or get out of hand. you need to keep him/her safe from hurting them self or you.
Good place to have worked. Learned a lot and room for advancement.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TN30 March 2015
Cubic was a good place to have worked. Management expects a lot from the employee, but they gave a sufficient amount of time for one to learn and hone their skills. At Cubic, I wore several different hats of responsibility and I was afforded both time and training to succeed in each of my roles. Cubic manufactures revenue collection systems geared at mass transit systems throughout the world. No two systems are the same as the customers requirements vary from location to location. This creates individualized requirements for each product built and shipped which leads to multiple customer requirement profiles. In my opinion, this is both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job as every item has specific needs, whether it be packaging, documentation, specialized transportation or a chain of advanced notifications/authorizations prior to shipment. Along with good communication between departments, the employees at Cubic were great to work with. There was a real team atmosphere among all departments.
Pros
Strong Inter-Relationships, room for advancement and focus on improvement
Cons
High turnover of temporary workforce, some office politics
Lead Mechanic and later an Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, Florida23 July 2012
Start the day at 6:30 am and put together any trainer that we had in production. Help train new employees. Order parts that were needed.
Work closely with upper management and manufacturing engineering if there were any problems.
Coworkers worked as a team.
Learned to solve problems.
Problem with parts was probably the hardest part of the job.
Whenever everything went together nicely and accomplishment
of the trainer.
Pros
job security, benefits
Great employer with dedicated focus on providing training and simulation products to our servicemen and women (and allies).
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cubic Simulation Systems, Inc, Orlando, FL11 November 2013
- Environment of challenging requirements with high degree of personal responsibility, but with a culture of mutually beneficial support between team members.
- A great learning environment, providing insight into business practices, compliance, customer satisfaction, and team-oriented contributions for successfully meeting objectives.
- Management is (and has been) competent, employee-oriented, and supportive of individual growth within the business context.
- Co-workers are generally the best in the business, very high degree of talent and dedication, and mutual support.
- Most difficult aspects of the job are in finding new ways to reduce cost in an already challenging industry, and providing satisfaction to customers with complex expectations and requirements.
- Successfully delivering products which are compliant, high quality, on time or early, and within specified budgets.
Pros
Worker-supportive environment, much opportunity for growth and advancement.
Cons
Can require extensive time and commitment, challenging other priorities such as family and R & R.
Office work in a warehouse environment
Data Management/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Portage, MI6 May 2013
Majority of the job entailed confidentiality, computer and reading skills. I learned how to use various computer programs. I personally feel that the management is in need of improvement due to lack of communication and poor management toward the employees. Majority of my co-workers were pleasant and friendly people to work with, but there were a few that I felt should not have been employed due to their poor attitude towards others. The hardest part of the job was having to sit in front of a computer screen for 8 hours a day. I enjoyed the job itself.
Pros
Decent hours, weekends and holidays off and good pay rate
Cons
No job security, poor management of employees and poor communication

2.9