CSX

CSX Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2015
Engaging work, but too many distractions preventing productivity. "Good old boy network". Great start if you are interested in the transportation industry.
the railroad is like no other career
Operations Manager (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILJune 13, 2015
it is really a unique place to work nothing like I've ever done before
once you join the railroad your life becomes there's family, holidays and personal time are all things of the past
Working at Csx is a great job
signal maintainer (Former Employee), greenville scJune 9, 2015
If I still had my job there I would have a great career. Some things could be better but over all great company. Its definitely a retirement
Decent
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 29, 2015
Cons: Nothing
Not a bad job at all. Good benefits, Good pay.
Hours were ok, got along with other employees fine.
I learned a lot about locomotives there.
Healthy and stimulating environment
Customer Service Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2015
A wonderful place to work with a focus on safety. There are a lot of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing safe and efficient service.
Positive experience
Freight Conductor (Former Employee), Bruceton, TNMay 18, 2015
Everyone's experience with a class 1 is different. Mine was positive. Great benefits and my management was very easy to work for. The drawback was never knowing what to plan for as you are on call as a conductor 24/7. However, Trainmaster's make or break the job. I was fortunate enough to have fair and professional trainmasters. Not everyone is so lucky.
Positive Company great to work for
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaMay 15, 2015
Working under time restraints and producing a positive overall outcome. Working with a company like CSX requires a employee to become more and they also have a nice compensation package.
Never the same day twice
Trainmaster (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 12, 2015
Very big disconnect with headquarters and how the railroad is run. Many senior level people have shown that they really dont care about their people.
Long work days compensated with good benefits
Locomotive Engineer (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMay 9, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: management
Work days here are long but your well compensated with health and bonus benefits. Management hassle you to complete work and sometimes find trivial things to suspend you over if you don't. Co-workers aren't that bad if you are easy to get along with many different types of people and they are usually knowledgeable
CSX Trainmaster
Trainmaster (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: no work/life balance; tough to get out of the field
Managed day to day railroad operations at rail yard.
Daily interaction with customers to ensure service requirements are met.
Performed operational tests to verify that trainmen were following safety rules.
Daily leadership challenges
safe and friendly employees
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Cookouts Retirement parties
Cons: Trains entering and leaving yard bad communication
Get there early enough to eat breakfast greet employees and talk sports to be open minded pay attention when management is doing turnover meetings setup a safe and productive way to do the job with coworkers understanding the drivers that spoke broken english getting compliments from management and employees on a job well done
High Energy and Ever changing work enviroment
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: challenging work
Cons: absolutely no home life
14 hour work days with a 5 day on 2 days off schedule. Ive learned how to make rapid decisions on the fly in a fast paced work environm ent. I have great co workers which is the most enjoyable part of the job. the hardest part of the job is work /home life balance..there is none!!!
great people
car inspector (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAMarch 25, 2015
it was a job with a lot of responsibility. and total concentration. your live depended on it everyday. and so did the decisions that i made would be life threatening for my fellow workers.
Great Career Great Benefits
Carman (Former Employee), Avon, INMarch 21, 2015
Great company and benefits good promotional advancements. Management is competent. Typically hourly work great pay and benefits. I approve of this company.
good pay, bad management
Locomotive Engineer (Former Employee), Walbridge, OHMarch 13, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: what work schedule
The company works its way to finding ways to hang you out to dry. They work to fire you the moment you mark up as a conductor. The only benefit was the pay and health.
Work with alot of wonderful people and travel everyday.
Locomotive Engineer (Current Employee), Willard, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pay.
Cons: away from family and miss alot of events with the family. not a family oriented company.
CSX is not a family oriented place to work. I have been there 15 years and alot has changed. You work everyday, even when you are sick as a dog. The only thing that keeps a person going is the great people we work with. The work we do takes a toll on our health daily. Our jobs aren't the hardest, but we have very stressful jobs and are not treated very well by our managers.
enjoyed working with this company.
locomotive engineer (Former Employee), cayce scMarch 10, 2015
Pros: available training
Cons: lack of communication between employees and management.
working for CSX has helped me to understand the different aspects of teamwork in Transportation. I have learned that it takes a team effort to accomplish the goal of customer satisfaction. This has to come from everyone working together. My co workers are the best part of this job. The diversity of working with so many different people brings a lot of fun to the job.
Good job
Freight Conductor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2015
its a good job but be prepared for a lopsided work life balance. Pay is good but must be able to adapt to the lifestyle. Management really has no clue what is going on.
I loved working for CSX, But hours and Travel were not conducive to family life
Freight Conductor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2015
I always wanted to work for the Railroad and was given the chance CSX. I did very well at school for Conductor training and was looking forward to making this job my home. Unfortunately that was not going to happen. My wife and children were not happy with me being gone for the long hours and even days at a time and the 110 mile round trip was not much fun either after working long hours. I wish that I would have had a solution to the problem but the only one was to stop working for the railroad for my family. I am now doing some contracting work on my own to fill in the gap until I am able to find a permanent position elsewhere.
Good Over all
Conductor (Former Employee), Decatur ILMarch 7, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: noe
It is a great place over all. The only bad thing is they tend to over hire sometimes and that leads to being layed off. Just go by the rules and dont cut corners.
Headquarters