Our client, a private faith based day school dedicated to excellence in an engaging and respectful learning environment is searching for a unique individual to become their
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
If you are an experienced fundraiser with exceptional communication skills and the ability to manage the expectations of a diverse group of stakeholders, with a goal of successfully stewarding an ongoing capital campaign while leading a development team that will support the long-term financial sustainability of a growing privately held school, we have the following opportunity to be a part of our team.
The school has developed a learning environment of engagement and respect and is committed to the following:
- Providing an excellent education within an integrated program, which focuses on basic skills, independent and cooperative learning, critical thinking and creative thought;
- Providing children with an educational atmosphere conducive to their healthy social, emotional, physical and cognitive development;
- Imbuing children with the knowledge, appreciation and respect for the broad spectrum of their faith;
- Teaching children to be confident when thinking and talking about God and providing them with a foundation in their faith based values and knowledge;
- Instilling a lifelong love of learning through passionate teaching in an engaging curriculum;
Reporting to the Head of School and answering to the board, you will be responsible for collecting, allocating and managing the funds for a $20 Mil capital campaign as well as ongoing fundraising efforts, managing Campaign Committees, and building relationships with alumni and capital contributors to recognize their contributions. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Lead all day to day operations of the development department including team management, campaign committee management, alumni and capital contributor relations, restricted and unrestricted donations tracking and management, recognition program and on-going annual fundraising campaign development and management.
- Work closely with the CFO to develop and improve appropriate internal controls for receipt of campaign contributions and allocation as well as budgets to build the new school;
- Work with the Head of School and the Campaign Committee to establish clearly defined and achievable goals, targets and milestones for annual fundraising events.
- Ensures there is a strong annual giving function by effectively designing, implementing and managing all fundraising activities.
- Fosters and maintains strong on-going relationships with all donors to ensure a strong long-term relationship with the school.
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation and relations.
- Attends all board meetings when required and works with board members, campaign committee members and the Head of School to develop strategies to initiate and meet all fundraising goals.
- Relationship management of diverse stakeholders including parents, grandparents, alumni, donors, the Jewish community, and the non-Jewish community.
If you enjoy the opportunity to make a real impact on the community and working in an organization that offers a pleasant and flexible culture where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience in a similar role with preference given to those who have worked in an educational institution.
- A member of the AFP Association.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in capital campaign development and execution with a preference given to those with bricks and mortar capital campaign development experience.
- Excellent ability to understand and communicate financial concepts.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with campaign contributors.
- An accessible, visible and flexible management style that inspires trust and confidence of all stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem resolution skills.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to conform to rapidly shifting priorities and schedules.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deal with multiple concurrent tasks.
- Demonstrated integrity, flexibility, practicality, with a "can-do" attitude.
- Proactive and innovative with an "improvement seeking" orientation and the ability to sell recommendations to senior management and the board.
The organization offers a very attractive compensation package including full benefits, 8.5% RRSP matching, and 4 weeks of vacation and an additional 4 weeks holidays annually.
If you can see yourself in this role and have the above requirements please send your resume no later than November 8th, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in this position but due to the volume of responses only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 10 months ago