Crunch Fitness Employee Reviews

It's ok
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL11 October 2017
Good job while going to school everyone is nice except the management.... everyone can see that but nobody says anything. Overall it's good atmosphere the customers are nice too
Fun and interesting place to work at!
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA11 October 2017
There is very little room for advancement. The pay structure is not balanced and how the managers are paid is kept secret. Not really sales motivated. More customer service orientated. Would rather loose a sell or a membership so that the guest does not feel rushed or pressured to to sign up. Pay structure is unbalanced because the goals are not evenly distributed. If you are a top performer your goal would be higher. Compared to someone that doesn't perform as well would get a smaller goal. Manager are pretty more customer service geared as well. If this company had more sales driven, money ambitious, goal driven management. This company would explode in growth.

Oh and the OS for their memberships is in the flinstone age. They still use dial by number. All these old OS if they were replaced with faster and more efficient software the amount of work and memberships processed would increase dramatically.
Pros
Fun!
Cons
Membership Sales department is not money motivated.
Good.
Certified Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 October 2017
if you don't like sales, then this isn't the job for you. Great working with clients and creating your own hours, but you have to work at it to maintain job security that allows you to pay your bills.
Pros
Commission, making up own hours
Cons
Certain sales criteria
productive place you can focus
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 October 2017
if you have the financial ability to take time to grow your clientele. Then this job is the best job to have because once you have a foundation of clients then you start making good money.
Great place to learn the gym business
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA6 October 2017
Crunch works hard to provide a "no judgements" philosophy to both its members and hard-working staff. They do their best to make the work environment a fun place to spend your time.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Fun energetic working environment
Zumba Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJ5 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Crunch. I relocated to the west & this is the only reason why I left. I recommended several people to work @ Crunch during my tenure there & when I left
fun working environment with great people
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GA4 October 2017
the crunch family was very welcoming and encouraging as soon as i began my training career there. my managers checked on me everyday and made sure i was making progress with obtaining clients and receiving income.
Pros
fun, clean, awesome place to work out, friendly
Cons
far away from housing
What's discussed during hiring process is not put into action
Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJ4 October 2017
I definitely would not recommend this place as a personal trainer. The "general manager" is rarely here and is more concerned with teaching classes and training clients than actually managing the gym itself. The training department has no structure. I have years of experience under my belt. A new trainer comes along a few weeks after me and because that person already knows workers here, this trainer is given nearly triple the amount of new member orientations I'm receiving. Also this trainer has been given multiple paid clients while I have to work to get all my own clientele. Add to that the fact that this trainer does not currently even have a nationally accredited certification. Proves that it's not what you know, it's who you know. I was told during the hiring process I would be top priority and that has not been true. Also there is a lack of new members signing up. I've seen more cancellations than sign ups since I've been employed here which is a very bad sign for a gym. Do yourself a favor and do not apply here. Thought I was entering a place where i would be provided ample opportunity to succeed. I've found out after a short time that is not the case.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Poor management, lack of direction, favoritism
Fun environment, not the best long term
Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CA3 October 2017
Depending on what your job position is, you may enjoy it more than others and find it long-term or not. After working here for several years and not even getting discussed a pay raise, I decided it was no longer worth me staying. Clients here are fantastic so I hated leaving them, but our constantly rotating management and the pay was not worth the stress.
Excellent
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX1 October 2017
I've worked there for 4 years after ending my High school year, and it's been a fun and amazing experience. The only benefit an employee would have is using the gym for free without having to need a membership. Fun, and friendly working staff. The old management were more fair to the environment, and helpful towards everyone and presented a professional attitude/ communication with the employees and the customers,
Pros
No membership needed
Cons
N/a
A fun place to work for now
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PA29 September 2017
Everyday I open the gym at 5 o'clock in the morning after turning on all the televisions and stereo systems, after that I work until 10 o'clock in the morning occasionally cleaning workout equipment or helping members with anything I can assist them with. I learned that patience is key to not losing your marbles. The management is good, but inexperienced. The hardest and the best part of the job go hand in hand, the hardest being making a gym membership sale and the Kick-Off Personal Training session; and the best part is actually getting the sale while trying to hit your overall numbers for the month.
Productive environment with no judgement
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ28 September 2017
I worked in the daycare with children. Manager was very nasty and impolite. I learned that you're co workers could be nasty. The workplace was fun and people walking in were welcoming.
Pros
dinner break, free membership
Cons
nasty manager, expects to work with children when sick
Productive, busy, great environment
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NY27 September 2017
A typical day at work is always exciting and there is always something to do, depends on the time that I come in, it can get really busy because members what to attend classes that we offer in our gym and we have to print out tickets for them. I learned a lot, such as signing up people to become members, my communication skills definitely improved by interacting with members both in English and Spanish and always answering any members questions or concern that they have. The management is great at our gym, he is professional and very understanding with members.
Pros
Fun place to work at
Good for a PT job in your spare time
Front Desk Supervisor/General Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NY25 September 2017
Worked hard to earn a raise, but they were rigid on pay development. Staff is pretty solid as far as coworkers go, but finding shift coverage was a problem outside of one guy (me). Upward growth available, but limited.
Good environment
CPT (Former Employee) –  VA20 September 2017
Good environment to work as a personal trainer in. Excellent staff of trainers. Great clients who are willing to work toward their goals. Management is good but often changing.
Great place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NY19 September 2017
Good work environment. Positive place to work, and good management and co workers to be amongst. Their was good incentives with hard work. The company cares about their employees.
A company which has lost its moral compass
General Manager (Former Employee) –  N/A18 September 2017
Complete joke from a lying franchise owner on starting salary on day 1 to getting upset on paying small bonuses. This company will not sustain a long life do to the structure it has built and follows.
No future, constant changes, unacceptable management
Facility Technician (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA17 September 2017
Club managers are clueless and I'm sure the CEO's have no clue, nor does HR, know how badly club managers treat their employees. You would think the company would do yearly HR meetings so management would learn something. If employees would only stand up and file complaints. But instead managers get away with murder, and use scare tactics on the employees and make them feel helpless. Its a shame, for the CEO's are great people.
Cons
NO career advancement, bad management, lack of communication
I don't know.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 September 2017
I haven't worked here in a long time. It was great when I was there but that all changed. New owners new people. I don't know what it's like anymore honestly.
Pros
Fun, competitive
Cons
I don't know.
Horrible management
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway New Jersey14 September 2017
Unprofessional and very crude comments. Almost perverted comments towards me and sexist. I do not approve of this company or at least of where I worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crunch Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9