Position: Full Time
Experience: Entry Level
Roles/Responsibilities: Do you wish you could get paid to Facebook, Tweet and Blog all day? You can! Cruise Media Group is looking for a Junior Social Media Strategist to join our growing team in our Social Media | Web PR division. A passion for cars, motor-bikes, dirt-bikes, and snowmobiles is considered to be an asset in this position.
The successful candidate will have exceptional written communication skills, be highly organized; detail oriented, and have a passion for Social Media. Previous experience in sales or customer service an asset. Preference will be given to students from the Creative Communication program or education in Media/PR.
The Junior Social Media Strategist will work with our team of strategists to focus on specific clients and be responsible for updating and managing their Social Media accounts as well as creating Social Media Marketing/Sales Strategies and developing client relationships. They will also be responsible for completing required reports and communicating with the clients on a regular basis.
Skills/Knowledge: In order to be successful in this position, you need to possess certain skills/qualities.
Social media is an ever-changing field, so although you will have some routine responsibilities, your role is going to require you to adapt slightly every now and then. However, this list should give you a good idea of what your day to day obligations will be.
· Responsible for posting content on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest
· Respond and engage on behalf of clients during normal business hours
· Develops FAQ with procedures and logistics for each client as well as network
· Understand and develop the voice of the brand
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Word and Excel
· Strong time-management and organization skills
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
· An enthusiastic and outgoing personality
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to problem solve
· Grammatical proficiency
Qualities: The position takes a certain type of individual. The ideal candidate is:
· A quick thinker
· A fast learner
· A problem solver
· A great communicator
· An excellent delegator
· Self starter
· Able to meet deadlines
· Able to take direction well
· A team player
· A people person
· Sense of urgency
Apply in writing to Director of Marketing.
Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.