CRS CONTRACTORS RENTAL SUPPLY Employee Reviews

Sales desk
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 May 2017
Managers were the problem here. Very negative and belittling. It was a negative environment that started with the mangers. No one respected anyone and everyone could do everyone else's job better. The hours were good money ok.
Lots of yelling people are treated very poorly.
If your a professional and like a professional environment this is not a place for you they lack at that big time.
Pros
Free lunches
Long Hours, Bad Managment, Don't care about employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 April 2017
Worked at CRS for 2 years as a driver. Hours were long (65-75) hrs a week driving. If you had any outside work commitments ( Sports, Kids activities etc) you'll never see them again. Was always a hassle to try to get out for stuff like doctors appointments. Manger always told me that if you want to go to the doctors to book it during Off company time and if your doctors not available during Off company time to find a new one.

Any sort of conflict between staff and customers management will always back customer no matter the situation.

All in all I would not recommend CRS to any of my friends or family based on my experience.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Management, long hours, lack of respect for drivers
This place is a job not a career
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  All locations28 December 2016
Worked for this company for over 2 years. Was a hard and productive worker that truly cared about my job and quality of work. The branch was not doing well, so when it came time to lay off instead of going by time served they went by highest paid. The place is in shambles now but no longer my problem. Corporate management does not care about anyone but themselves. I was sad to go because with the exception of one person, I worked with a bunch of great guys at the branch where I was. I do not see this company succeeding in the long run the way it is managed, so I would not recommend working for them. When I was hired with the company, the speech that I was given was about how they don't lay off and the workers are number one. I quickly learned otherwise. You really have to watch yourself when upper management from the Kitchener office comes to your branch. If you do decide on working for them have a back up plan, that is all I can say.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Company structure and management at corporate level
Sales Coordinator - Ottawa, ON
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 November 2016
I have been at CRS for just about 7 months. I work with the sales reps within the east region of Ontario while working closely with management. My job is to make the sales process and all of the things included in selling at CRS, as seamless as possible along with many other daily duties.

I very much enjoy working for this company. Everyone works together all of the time and understands how important is to be a team. Every single one of the employees within the branches are kind, helpful and hard working. A majority of the employees have been at the company for many many years. This shows a lot about the company and how much they respect their employees. There is no high turn around in any of the departments, which again, shows a lot.

I strongly disagree with some of the reviews on here. The management team within CRS are very respectable, understanding, strong leaders and hard workers. They get involved with the every day work included in the company.

There are many aspects of my job that I enjoy, but the team work would be at the top of my list.

I can honestly say that there are no "hard" parts to my job. I very much enjoy my position and the company I work for.
Pros
Co-workers, Events, Hours, Team Work, Management, Employee Recognition
Cons
N/a
Enjoyable Sales Job
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Southern Ontario26 September 2016
Great sales job with lots of autonomy and authority to make my own decisions. Management team that supports employees and is fun to work with. I've worked for a lot of companies in my career, and CRS has by far been the most enjoyable experience I've had in the workplace. Not many companies like this one left!
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Customer Base, Christmas Party!
A good growing company to get involved with.
Sales Representative, Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario26 September 2016
Have worked at multiple branches for this company and had good experiences at each of them. Team members continually work together and find ways to get the job done. Good supportive team, good support from management and an overall good place to work!
Pros
Professional career growth opportunities, top down support
Rewarding place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ontario26 September 2016
I've worked at CRS for approx. two years and absolutely love it.
I've noticed the company growing larger but I still feel the stores are tight knit and willing to help each other out when needed.

If you are willing to put in the effort, the opportunities are really endless. I've seen many employees move to a higher or secondary position, including myself. I enjoy hearing CRS looks within their own talent pool too instead of always hiring out.

CRS has a really good work and play balance. They know how to have fun and still get the job done in a professional manner. I've never worked at a place that had so many incentives and events for the staff.

I can't see myself working anywhere else.
Pros
Staff incentives & bonuses
Cons
N/a
Great Experience
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON26 September 2016
I applied to be a driver with this company in the summer of 2014 and seen it as nothing other than a job for the time being. I have now worked for CRS for just over 2 years and couldn't be happier. I was told when I was hired that the company preferred to hire from within and from my experience they are true to that. I started with the company as a driver, was moved into an inside sales position 8 months later and have just begun an outside sales position. This company is tight knit and takes care of their own in every regard. Hard work and dedication are certainly rewarded over time and this job is now a career for me and can't imagine ever working anywhere else. There is nothing negative in my experience with this company that I can say. The hours are sometimes long, yes, but you know what you're signing up for when you apply.
Pros
- Growth from within - Competitive pay - Great Benefits - Tons of perks
Great Team
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ontario23 September 2016
Opportunity to learn and grow.
Not on the high end of the pay scale but for convenience and life balance worth it. Made up with bonus and other incentives.
Excellent people to work with. Approachable management and sr executives.
A large growing company, but you don't feel like a number.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Still growing and learning (but that's a pro too)
Great place to work!!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario23 September 2016
CRS is a great place to work. If you work hard, there are many opportunities for growth and development. Management values employees with a great work ethic with lots of fun opportunities and rewards, such as bonuses, prizes, and company outings.

CRS is like a family. I enjoy coming to my branch every day and getting to work with the group of people I do. We are fortunate in a growing company that we have been able to preserve the culture and tight-knit feel of all our locations.

We work very long hours every day, and I can say I enjoy it because of the work environment that has been created.
Pros
Company Events, Great Co-Workers
No matter what position one holds in the company....we all matter.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ontario23 September 2016
As a long term employee, I have seen quite a few changes over the years but the one thing that remains the same is that we are always treated like family.
When I first came into this company I did not realize the potential of advancement if one wants to put forth the effort.
If the company will have me, I plan to stick around a very long time!!
Pros
Family atmosphere, team environment
Wonderful place to work!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ontario23 September 2016
CRS is a wonderful place to work. Management really values their employees and the efforts they put in. They give back to their employees for their hard work, and like to create a culture of having fun. It's really refreshing to work somewhere that is very hard working, and values their employee and customer experience so much. The sky is the limit at CRS - if you work hard and have a good attitude, there are amazing opportunities for advancement. I would highly recommend CRS as a great place to work!
Pros
Company Events, Great Culture, Lunches, Bonuses
Cons
N/a
Management Sucks
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON and Barrie, ON29 June 2016
Worked for this company for nearly 10 years. Out of the blue terminated. Management is buddy buddy with each other like a hidden agenda. Higher ups are very ignorant and don't care about their employees. Great pay but make you feel inadequate in the position. Only care about the profits in their pockets. Good luck to the person or persons that work for this company. Was much better before it was franchise owners. Be very aware of persons in management in the Barrie office and the management in Kitchener real treats.
Pros
Money
Cons
Lack of support.
its a paycheck
lead mechanic (Former Employee) –  brampton16 June 2016
Great manager, but avoids you if theres an issue...unprofessional and unrespectfull conduct from the kids on the floor. Lazy people in certain positions...i just quit....
Pros
paid lunch, close to home
Cons
pay hours
Great pay but nor worth the hassle
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  multiple - you will get moved around18 March 2016
Ya it will pad your bank account but do not expect that hard work will get you any advancements unless you are buddy-buddy with the bosses. You will work without lunch breaks and have to do O/T whether you want to or not.
Management is an "old boys club" and unless you drink or hang out with them you will not be a part of it..
Coworkers are cliques - new hires never have a shot to advance - there is a reason people don't last here.
Pros
$$
Cons
long hours, no advancement, not a supportive environment
Productive, challenging environment with many benefits
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2015
A rewarding day would include much paperwork (entry of contracts, processing thier return, and billing out customers) as well as processing Account applications, and much more.
I learned a great deal of information regarding construction equipment and rental / sales of that equipment under fair management.
I also made friends with many of the friendly employees.
The most ejoyable part of the position I had at CRS was working with staff and management to come to the best solutions for our valued customers.
Pros
Free lunches and Christmas Party
Cons
Long hours, Pay
I don't feel that I was given a fair shot at this job.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 May 2015
We were the new kid on the block sort of speak. We spent almost three months getting the warehouse and offices in shape and bringing in inventory before I even went on the road for business. Two and a half months on the road to get an evaluation on you as a sales rep is not long enough in the best conditions but that winter was one of the coldest and harshest winters we'd seen in a long time. I had never heard the term, "POLAR VORTEX" but I guess that's what it was and the frost-line was 6 to 8 ft. Every site I went to was bare and nobody was working them. To top it off, I was given a territory of Burlington and Waterdown and the jobs that were going for a while were being equipped by our company but out of a different location and territory which I fought with my boss to have turned over to me because they were now in my territory but I lost out so I ended up with job sites that didn't start doing any work until the latter part of March which is when we parted ways.
Pros
Good sales meetings away from your home branch and included all of the branches
Cons
Bosses who wouldn't listen to you