Crowne Plaza

Crowne Plaza Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company to work for
Switch Board Operator / Business Center Agent (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, DRApril 30, 2014
Pros: free meals
Very pleasant place to work in, at least in Dominican Republic since that is where I have my experience in. My co-workers were great we all had a good relationship.
Work
(AGSM) Assistant Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 3, 2014
A great place to work and socialize with coworkers, there is always time to laugh with guests and coworkers a like.
The hotel is perfect to rent for the party.
Nightmaid/Laundry attendant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 26, 2013
I worked here as my partime job.
I enjoyed doing the laundry.
I like to clean the late checkouts rooms.
guest relationship officer
Guest Relationship Officer (Former Employee), 上海市, C23July 11, 2013
Meets and greets arriving guests and bids them farewell as they leave.
Review the arrival list daily and assists in preparing and distributing welcome amenities.
Escort VIPs to their rooms and check them in before their arrival.
Attend promptly to customers' inquiries and assists them with their needs.
When it comes to complaints, allows guests to speak – more... first and then provides solutions to their issues or concerns.
Log the day's activities in a logbook to ensure that the next person on duty is familiar with everything that needs extra attention.
Always present in the hotel lobby and maintain proper decorum at all times.
Respond quickly to calls in case he is not at his post.
Promotes all the facilities of the hotel and knows the surrounding areas when asked for directions.
Familiar with the best places to tour, shop and dine. – less
productive and more interative work place
Chef de Partie (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: food is free of cost for staffs
Cons: long hours
we start to work everyday with a joy. the management provides some relaxation programs for the employees. it allows us to create more innovative things to do in our work
FUN AND PRODUCTIVE
DRIVING (Former Employee), GERMANYMay 8, 2012
WORKING IN AND OUT. NICE PLACE. WORKING WITH PEOPLE MAKES FUN AND ENJOYABLE
Crowne Cafe/ Bonefish Grill
Guest Service Manager/ Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 20, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: n/a
Blessed to have worked with a great brunch of professional individual's
Busy workplace
Food and beverage attendant (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free meal at break
Cons: not always getting a break
On a typical day at work I would start at 7am.I would serve teas and coffees,take care of the guests within the area I was serving and I would also clear plates,clean tables and set them back up.I learned too work at a fast pace within a busy atmosphere.I also learned to work better within a team.The management team were mostly friendly although they – more... did not always give the staff below them a break after a busy morning of 500 people being within the restaurant for breakfast.My co-workers were lovely and knew how to work well within a team and if we seen somebody struggle to get their tables sorted on time we would help each other if we werent too busy serving our own tables.The hardest part of the job I was in was having all my tables cleared and cleaned within a time limit when we were having a really busy morning.The most enjoyable part of the job to me was getting too meet a range of people from all over the world when they came in for breakfast. – less
Enjoyed working with guest and employees.
Charlotte Marriott Executive Park (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with guest and employees. Good teamwork. Could be fastpace sometimes.
typical day
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches and good benefits
Cons: hard to find new business
started day with a meeting, then cold called or researched companies, lunch, more cold calls and meetings.
Overworked, Underpaid, Undervalued.
Night Receptionist (Former Employee), Birmingham NEC, UKJuly 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers, free meals, free uniform, transport provided
Cons: unsociable hours, overworked, underpaid, undervalued
Im not sure if other Crowne Plaza's are the same but the one I work at is like a slave trade, Except you get a choice if you want to go to work or not. There is no appreciaition or acknowledgement for the endless extra hardwork you put in, but if you make a mistake you will sure know about it. The are quick to put you down. Constantly pushing for more, – more... asking to be better, work harder, be faster, not in any motivating way at all, but in a way that makes you want to scream.

When I went for the interview I was told only about reception duties, now 6 months in, I am expected to participate in housekeeping, cleaning toilets, working F&B, doing room service as and when ordered. Just because they dont want to hire extra staff in other departments so they can maximize revenue.

The only thing that makes this job ok is the people I work with, Those that understand the pain we go through shift to shift.

My advice, do not waste any time applying to work here, you will get treated better in a local takeaway on a friday night flipping burgers. – less
Good Work Place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 19, 2014
Crowne Plaza was a very fun place to work. They have this floor only special for ladies. The hotel was really luxury and clean. Management was fun and let us make our own decisions.
Fun workplace
Roles as Waiter (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGJune 19, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: hours balanced
I really enjoyed my time working at the Crowne Plaza as a waiter I learnt a lot about the real world of work and if I could I would happily work here again. Staff were very friendly and their was always something to do to keep you busy but it is a very friendly environment and help is always at hand.
HIGH QUALITY
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2014
VERY GOOD HIGH QUALITY STAFF AND EMPLOYEES AND GUEST I LIKE THIS HOTEL
great place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJune 13, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: no health care
Handled guest registration and room assignments; pre-registrations, blocking reservations and cancellations
Balanced accounts and managed restaurant credit card accounts
Prepared housekeeping and other reports; computed them and conducted ongoing verification of hotel security with others over two way radio system.
Assisted customers in all inquiries – more... in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing and safety boxes.
Represented the hotel in regard to guest complaints and situations that require immediate attention
Ensured transportation of guest to and from the hotel and manage their luggage.
Communicated with previous shift, organized shift and review reservations and updated contingency – less
Productive and fun work place.
Front Desk Associate/Supervisor/Bartender (Former Employee), Englewood, NJJune 9, 2014
Pros: great work enviornment
Responsible for training new employees to understand front desk duties and responsibilities. Provide excellent customer service to guests by making sure all of their expectations were met.
Exciting work environment.
Waitress, Banquet Bartender (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, free lunches, hotel discounts, great staff.
Cons: needed renovating.
When I worked at this hotel I had many different responsibilities. I worked in the restaurant, bar, room service and for banquet events. I learned how important the food and beverage department is inside a hotel. I always had a manager or supervisor I could turn to for assistance when needed. Both the wait staff and kitchen staff worked together as – more... a team to get the job done right. The hardest part of this job was the different hours I was responsible to work due to extended restaurant hours. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know so many different types of guests that were traveling. – less
Job Description
Jr. Sous Chef (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 30, 2014
I currently work with Hotel Crowne Plaza(Inter Continental Hotels Group) as a Junior Sous chef. I have an experience of approximately 4 years. Currently I am working as a Head chef(chef in charge) for 136 covers all day dining restaurant named 24@43 and also I am the chef in charge for Italian speciality restaurant named Aloro an award winning 44 covers – more... restaurant and a seafood grill 24 covers restaurant named Burgundy Grill. I directly report to the Executive chef. – less
Constantly meet new and interesting people.
Shuttle Bus Operations (Former Employee), Kenner, LAMay 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: many, many things.
Management was extremely poorly coordinated, with virtually zero focus on employees. Benefits programs were poor, and difficult to obtain.
Lunch meals were served in the small break room daily, but were often leftover meals from the night before. occasionally getting employees sick.
Company morale was poor, and lack of incentive made employees lazy, – more... and uncaring spare a few.
Several of my paychecks and other employees paychecks came up short on a few occasions, and were explained away by time punches which were obviously tampered with.
I learned how to make the best of bad situations, and made a few friends.
I also met many people during the course of every business day working as transportation to and from the hotel.
It was the companies lack of understanding when my newborn preemie daughter was hospitalized that led to my premature departure. – less
fun people
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 24, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: short breaks
i had a good time working with my employees, and also learned alot about customer services

1 2 3 4 5

About Crowne Plaza

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is truly that. The company is the world's largest hotel company by room count, with more than – Read more