Crowne Plaza

Crowne Plaza Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work
(AGSM) Assistant Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 3, 2014
A great place to work and socialize with coworkers, there is always time to laugh with guests and coworkers a like.
The hotel is perfect to rent for the party.
Nightmaid/Laundry attendant (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCSeptember 26, 2013
I worked here as my partime job.
I enjoyed doing the laundry.
I like to clean the late checkouts rooms.
nice
acting H/K Trainee supervisor (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great..
Cons: not feel bad
This is one of the IHG group very nice work environment. following work better together.policy. i would like,,,,
friendly place to work
Waitress, Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee), Food and beverage associateSeptember 9, 2014
In the crown plaza I was a food and beverage assistant in the hotel restaurant, but would also help out in the functions held there. A typical day at work would consist of catering to the customer needs, ensuring they were satisfied with both the food and the service. Here I learnt customer service skills and also how to organise ourselves as a team – more... so that the service was carried out as organised and went as smoothly as possible. – less
IHG is a great place to work because people care about people in this organization.The philosophy
Asst.Manager Restaurant Food & Beverage (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: no comments
Cons: no comments
The way I was welcomed with a warm smile on my first day, I got addicted to this company. The passion, crazy people, fun environment and the opportunities to learn and grow in my career, make me love what I do each day! IHG has made me what I am today. It has made me grow personally and professionally! I love IHG!
great hotel
Porter (Former Employee), dayton ohioAugust 19, 2014
getting done at a resonabale time each day to stay focused on my job the management was good co-workers showed love 7 wer willing help as much as they could! the hardest part was doing some of the floors on my own!! the most enjoyable part of the day was eating lunch it gave me tht extra boosat of energy.
good experience in kitchen
Trainee (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLAugust 14, 2014
kitchen staff is good,had good experience and alot in many departments of kitchen
Productive work place with great lunch breaks
Assistance Director of Engineering (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great break room
Cons: n/a
My typical days start off slow but pick up during the early afternoon hours. I gained a well amount of knowledge from this business and I am grateful for that. The management team was very understanding and tentative to their employees. Some co-workers I worked with gave the business a hard time but for the most part I enjoyed the people I worked with. – more... Their really wasn't a hard part about this job. It was fairly easy going. The most enjoyable part was being able to enjoy your own music – less
productive and fun,,
banquet waiter/driver (Former Employee), crowne plaza to any point of jeddahAugust 8, 2014
Pros: you will learn to be a better person
Cons: you`ll get dead tired
normally its a very busy day,, assisting guest on to their needs,, and i`ve learned alot from this company, how to handle tight situations,, how to handle rude and unseemingly guest,,my colleuges are very helpful, they give sufficient training and advices,,the hardest part of the job is the schedule and the loads of functions,, but it`s worth the while – more... because you will meet new people and see new sights.. – less
loving co-workers,safe environment to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 7, 2014
Love my jobs and co-workers..

NO time for play on the job

Learned to take things as they come

Enjoy the people I work with and the customers
A typical work day
Corporate Group Sales Manager (Current Employee), Edison, NJAugust 7, 2014
Everyone works hard to accomplish the goal.
Due to the efforts of the team we have many returning clients.
good
kitchen porter (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free meals when on durty
good place to work good people to work with and close to birmingham airport
Crowne Cafe/ Bonefish Grill
Guest Service Manager/ Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 20, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: n/a
Blessed to have worked with a great brunch of professional individual's
Busy workplace
Food and beverage attendant (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free meal at break
Cons: not always getting a break
On a typical day at work I would start at 7am.I would serve teas and coffees,take care of the guests within the area I was serving and I would also clear plates,clean tables and set them back up.I learned too work at a fast pace within a busy atmosphere.I also learned to work better within a team.The management team were mostly friendly although they – more... did not always give the staff below them a break after a busy morning of 500 people being within the restaurant for breakfast.My co-workers were lovely and knew how to work well within a team and if we seen somebody struggle to get their tables sorted on time we would help each other if we werent too busy serving our own tables.The hardest part of the job I was in was having all my tables cleared and cleaned within a time limit when we were having a really busy morning.The most enjoyable part of the job to me was getting too meet a range of people from all over the world when they came in for breakfast. – less
Enjoyed working with guest and employees.
Charlotte Marriott Executive Park (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with guest and employees. Good teamwork. Could be fastpace sometimes.
typical day
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches and good benefits
Cons: hard to find new business
started day with a meeting, then cold called or researched companies, lunch, more cold calls and meetings.
Overworked, Underpaid, Undervalued.
Night Receptionist (Former Employee), Birmingham NEC, UKJuly 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers, free meals, free uniform, transport provided
Cons: unsociable hours, overworked, underpaid, undervalued
Im not sure if other Crowne Plaza's are the same but the one I work at is like a slave trade, Except you get a choice if you want to go to work or not. There is no appreciaition or acknowledgement for the endless extra hardwork you put in, but if you make a mistake you will sure know about it. The are quick to put you down. Constantly pushing for more, – more... asking to be better, work harder, be faster, not in any motivating way at all, but in a way that makes you want to scream.

When I went for the interview I was told only about reception duties, now 6 months in, I am expected to participate in housekeeping, cleaning toilets, working F&B, doing room service as and when ordered. Just because they dont want to hire extra staff in other departments so they can maximize revenue.

The only thing that makes this job ok is the people I work with, Those that understand the pain we go through shift to shift.

My advice, do not waste any time applying to work here, you will get treated better in a local takeaway on a friday night flipping burgers. – less
Good Work Place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 19, 2014
Crowne Plaza was a very fun place to work. They have this floor only special for ladies. The hotel was really luxury and clean. Management was fun and let us make our own decisions.
Fun workplace
Roles as Waiter (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGJune 19, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: hours balanced
I really enjoyed my time working at the Crowne Plaza as a waiter I learnt a lot about the real world of work and if I could I would happily work here again. Staff were very friendly and their was always something to do to keep you busy but it is a very friendly environment and help is always at hand.
HIGH QUALITY
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2014
VERY GOOD HIGH QUALITY STAFF AND EMPLOYEES AND GUEST I LIKE THIS HOTEL

1 2 3 4 5

About Crowne Plaza

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is truly that. The company is the world's largest hotel company by room count, with more than – Read more

Crowne Plaza Photos